Anyone Applied this cycle

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had my interview at Western

What a disappointment

I flew to Onterio

Never mentioned in their website Pomona is the murder capital of California (WTF)

Get a Hotel outside Pomona

The “University” is a few building right next to the railroad. (WTF)

Never mentioned the school is no longer ranked in the top 100 schools in the country

Never mentioned the school has one of the lowest board passing rate in the country

The chairman is a nice guy but all he cares about is

a) you have enough money (about $120,000)

b) you already know everything you need to know to pass the board

c) I have a feeling the chairman is getting a lot of pressure from up above

The interview was very unorthodox

Multiple Mini Interviews

The interviewers had no idea what is the purpose of the interview

Instead of testing my logic, they were testing my medical knowledge !!!!

Worse was the counselor who was making fun of an applicant’s email !!!!!

I hope this is not the only place I get accepted

I had my interview at Western

What a disappointment

I flew to Onterio

Never mentioned in their website Pomona is the murder capital of California (WTF)

Get a Hotel outside Pomona

The “University” is a few building right next to the railroad. (WTF)

Never mentioned the school is no longer ranked in the top 100 schools in the country

Never mentioned the school has one of the lowest board passing rate in the country

The chairman is a nice guy but all he cares about is

a) you have enough money (about $120,000)

b) you already know everything you need to know to pass the board

c) I have a feeling the chairman is getting a lot of pressure from up above

The interview was very unorthodox

Multiple Mini Interviews

The interviewers had no idea what is the purpose of the interview

Instead of testing my logic, they were testing my medical knowledge !!!!

Worse was the counselor who was making fun of an applicant’s email !!!!!

I hope this is not the only place I get accepted

Maybe you should have done your research rather than go on and badger the program. If you're so upset with the way things went during your interview, then I suggest you withdraw your application and let those who are anxiously waiting have a better opportunity of getting accepted.

looks like they increased their rate of acceptance than last year as on their site i assumed based on Pance pass rate they accepted around 50+ students.. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not sure which site you are looking at. The one I found shows class sizes in the 90+ since 2008.

http://www.westernu.edu/allied-health/allied-health-mspas/allied-health-mspas-indicators/

I'm still waiting too.  But i think there are still people interviewing in the beginning of march. so, i would assume that decisions would come out probably mid-march?

They have 2 more interview dates next week so i'm assuming decision will be sent out anytime after next week. Keeping our fingers crossed!!

The class size is 98 and when I went to my interview of Feb 6th the dept chair said they had only let 7 people from January interviews know so far...thats 7 out of approx. 200, there were 4 interview dates in January. Im sure the rest of the students were not denied but they are were just holding off for more interviews so don't give up! Did anyone interview on 2/26 and hear how many they accepted by that time?

Archived