Anyone Applied this cycle

I sent in my CASPA at the end of august and sent in my secondary application beginning of october and received an interview invite a week later. I also wasn't expecting it to be so fast. Last year I didn't hear back from them till December and I got the same interview date this year. 

I have a 3.68 overall GPA, 3.48 science GPA, and 3.91 non-science GPA. After we get the interview though our GPA, Volunteer experience, or anything else that's on your application doesn't matter. I went to western's information session and  they said that everyone with an interview is on the same level and they're only picking based on how you did on your interview. I did pretty bad on my interview last year and I didn't even get on the wait list. After hearing this it made sense. 

any tips on the interview process considering this your second time - just message. I heard it's different this year. 

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I completed my first and secondary application in late August. Everything was processed and sent to the schools I applied by CASPA on September 2nd. I received my interview invitation on Oc. 10th. Below are my stats:

BS in Biochemistry, UCLA (as a transfer student)

Cumulative GPA: 3.69

Science GPA: 3.55

Pre-req GPA: 3.83

+
300 HCE hrs

16 Shadowing hrs

2800 Volunteer hrs

Good luck to everyone!

wow it generally looks like people with 3.6 or above cumulative GPA had an early invitation for an interview. good luck to you all! hopefully theyll invite the next GPA tier soon!!

btw for those who were invited for an interview already.. did you ever receive an email before that says "I am pleased to inform you that your file is complete and ready for evaluation by the department.  After your file has been evaluated, you will be contacted by phone or receive a letter regarding your status." ?? 

wow it generally looks like people with 3.6 or above cumulative GPA had an early invitation for an interview. good luck to you all! hopefully theyll invite the next GPA tier soon!!

btw for those who were invited for an interview already.. did you ever receive an email before that says "I am pleased to inform you that your file is complete and ready for evaluation by the department. After your file has been evaluated, you will be contacted by phone or receive a letter regarding your status." ?? [/size]

I got that email July 29 after I submitted all the supplemental documents.

But I never got the email saying "After initial review of your application, the Admissions Committee has opted to continue to review your application for the Fall 2014 entering class."

Just out of curiosity...did other people who got invited also not receive this email?

any tips on the interview process considering this your second time - just message. I heard it's different this year. 

I heard it's different this year too so. I didn't like the way they had the interviews last year, they had 4 different rooms and you had to go in each room and answer a question. 

I heard it's different this year too so. I didn't like the way they had the interviews last year, they had 4 different rooms and you had to go in each room and answer a question.

I did not like last year's interview style either :/ way too much pressure..how do you know that this year's interview will be different?

btw for those who were invited for an interview already.. did you ever receive an email before that says "I am pleased to inform you that your file is complete and ready for evaluation by the department.  After your file has been evaluated, you will be contacted by phone or receive a letter regarding your status." ?? [/size]

Yes, I received that email a day or two before I got an interview invite!

I received an email yesterday stating that my application "remains under consideration" I was wondering if anyone else has received the same email, and if that means the application is on "hold"? 

From what I've gathered, I think that does mean you are on "hold". Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but that is the impression that I got from the admissions counselor when I called and asked why I hadn't gotten this email.

From what I've gathered, I think that does mean you are on "hold". Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but that is the impression that I got from the admissions counselor when I called and asked why I hadn't gotten this email.

I think that it does mean that your app is on hold. But don't worry, a lot of the time they will put you on hold and invite you later on. It happened to a friend of mine last year. He was put on hold then received an interview invite a little later. I know it's hard but give it some time!

Hi! I am a first time applicant. I received an interview invitation about two days ago but I have yet to receive the confirmation email. I requested January 27. Im super nervous, I really want to get accepted to this school. 

Anyone current WesternU students have any interview advice? What was the toughest question you were asked? For those of you who got accepted to the program, what do you feel helped you prepare the most for the interview?

I just got invited for an interview! : ) but hey elliesaunt since it is your second time applying, did they ever tell you some of the things that they wanted you to work/improve on before applying again?

Congrats!!!! Unfortunately they did not give specific notes on our interview last year. Usually they do, but not last year. I think you just need to be confident in yourself and be honest. I know it sounds cliche but I feel that once they notice a weak point in something you say they gnaw at it. If you let your real personality shine through then you should be fine. At least that's what I'm hoping for this year! Good luck:)

I did not like last year's interview style either :/ way too much pressure..how do you know that this year's interview will be different?

I don't know for sure if it will be different. I heard it from someone I met at another interview who had also interviewed at western last year year. I'm not sure where she heard it from. 

Hi! I am a first time applicant. I received an interview invitation about two days ago but I have yet to receive the confirmation email. I requested January 27. Im super nervous, I really want to get accepted to this school. 

Anyone current WesternU students have any interview advice? What was the toughest question you were asked? For those of you who got accepted to the program, what do you feel helped you prepare the most for the interview?

hey congrats on your interview invitation! I received the invitation sometime last week too. I emailed Michael and he said it can take a few days for them to organize time slots and such. So hopefully we'll know by this week

Archived