Anyone Applied this cycle

There's a lot of pressure and stress on this forum. Obviously, based on the posts, this is a highly competitive program for our area. I havent heard anything definitive-- but my application is experience heavy which might count against me. What I do know is that I applied to ten schools and only four haven't denied me. George Washington interview completed, Univ if New England interview in January, waiting on Loma Linda and Western responses. What I've learned is that this process is completely unpredictable, and it is a little cut throat. Don't worry about others' advice too much, all you can fix is you. Volunteer, grab more science classes in the spring, gain more experience even if Western doesn't like it. We are all capable, intense applicants or we never would have attempted this expensive and stressful process. If not this year, then next. While I hope to see you all by march, a lot of the decision making is completely, frustratingly out of our control. Deep breath :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I threw that number out there because only 8 programs out of the 180ish PA schools offer specialty residencies post grad so the rest are training PAs to have a strong background in primary care. Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I think you are confusing primary care with family practice. Primary care includes internal med, pediatrics, family, ob/gyn and some even consider general surg and EM in this group. These primary care specialties are the foundation which I think all medical providers regardless of specialty should have a strong understanding of and are why they are found in all clinical rotations for every PA program. No program is able to tell you you are not able to go into a specialty after you get your license that is your decision but I get where you're coming from.

can we please get in contact my email address is rani_yaldo@yahoo.com i have an interview on the 6th of feb and would like to talk to you if you can help me out. thanks a lot

• 1 month later...

Are you guys mistakenly posting on a different forum or what? I believe acceptances don't go out until after all interviews have been conducted for Western University which is approx  a few weeks into March.

Someone please chime in

No I am not posting in the wrong forum...

" It is my pleasure to inform you that you have been accepted as a student in the Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies program at Western University of Health Sciences, College of Allied Health Professions. "

No I am not posting in the wrong forum...

" It is my pleasure to inform you that you have been accepted as a student in the Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies program at Western University of Health Sciences, College of Allied Health Professions. "

I called the admission counselor and they stated they're not sending anything out. So are you telling me there's a mistake or they're no longer holding true to giving out acceptances until March all of a sudden?

Afternoon, all!

"What are my chances?"

This is a common question we are receiving here in the Admissions Office. The program has recently sent acceptences to a few select candidates. As interviews are ongoing, candidates are still being considered and additional acceptances may be made anytime between now and the end of March. Please keep in mind that when you interview does not increase or decrease your chances of being admitted. Rest assured that you will be contacted by email if and when your status changes. In the mean time, please email your designated admissions counselor with any contact information updates.

Best of luck to everyone!

I got a notice for an interview yesterday!! So they are still sending them out. Looks like they have dates as late as beginning March for interviews. Good luck everyone!

Can I ask what your profile is like?  I haven't heard back yet either and I want to see if I still have a chance!!  connie.t.dang@gmail.com if you don't wanna post it here. Thanks!!!!

Archived