Anyone Applied this cycle

DId u guys receive a confirmation email right after? I submitted the form but haven't received the actual date and time yet.

A confirmation will be sent to you within four days of subitting the interview acceptance form. If they dont contact you, give the admissions department a call.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all! I'm a current student at Western U, congrats to those who have already received interview invites! So exciting...I remember this process all too well! (As the name suggests) I wanted to pay if forward to everyone currently going through the application process, so let me know if you have any questions that I might be able to help answer (can't guarantee I'll know the answers!) but I remember how nice it would have been if I would have had any resources to look to at this time. Good luck to everyone!!! I genuinely hope you all receive wonderful news in the upcoming future!

I also was offered Jan. 15/16th- looks like those are the first interviews which I hope is a good thing! :) Looking forward to meeting everyone! I also submitted my preference for the dates and have yet to receive anything back as a confirmation. I will wait a few days and then check to see what is going on. 

Hey all! I'm a current student at Western U, congrats to those who have already received interview invites! So exciting...I remember this process all too well! (As the name suggests) I wanted to pay if forward to everyone currently going through the application process, so let me know if you have any questions that I might be able to help answer (can't guarantee I'll know the answers!) but I remember how nice it would have been if I would have had any resources to look to at this time. Good luck to everyone!!! I genuinely hope you all receive wonderful news in the upcoming future!

Ill message you

I was offered an interview for Jan 27/28 anyone else offered those dates?

Apparently both of those interview dates are already full (I was trying to reschedule but couldnt). So there must be a lot of interviewees who either dont use this forum or dont care to post about it.

This is my second time applying. I am still an undergrad and will be graduating this coming June. I haven't heard anything since Sept. 26,  I received an email "opted to continue to review," and that I would be notified every month regarding my status. I just hope this year I get an interview! Congratulations to everyone who has been invited and good luck! :)

To everyone who has received an interview invite, how early did you apply? I wonder if they are starting with people who applied in say April and haven't yet worked down to those who applied closer to August/September?

I'm pretty sure all my stuff was done in mid-late august in regards to updating my app, of course I applied earlier, but didn't have everything done until later

congrats for those of you who received interview offers and good luck! I received an email stating my application remain under consideration by the admission committee , has anyone else got that email. the students that got interview offers, would you guys please email me your grades. 

Nevada5500,

I never once received an email about "opting to continue review" like some others have gotten. Same is true for my best friend who also received an interview invite.

My stats:

cumulative GPA: 3.73

science GPA: 3.63

non-science GPA: 3.90

pre-req GPA: 3.83

last 45 hour GPA: 3.96

~4000 HCE hours

~1000 volunteering hours

Hope that helps. Good luck!

I got the application is compete email on oct 16 and received an interview invite on oct 17. Pretty quick if you ask me! I was not expecting it this soon at all. I am a re-applicant so I wonder if that had anything to do with it. Anywho I'm pretty excited :)

Wow that is fast! Did you interview last time you applied?

Nevada5500,

I never once received an email about "opting to continue review" like some others have gotten. Same is true for my best friend who also received an interview invite.

My stats:

cumulative GPA: 3.73

science GPA: 3.63

non-science GPA: 3.90

pre-req GPA: 3.83

last 45 hour GPA: 3.96

~4000 HCE hours

~1000 volunteering hours

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Wow! you have a pretty impressive GPA/HC experience, no wonder! I am sure you will get in. 

I sent in my CASPA at the end of august and sent in my secondary application beginning of october and received an interview invite a week later. I also wasn't expecting it to be so fast. Last year I didn't hear back from them till December and I got the same interview date this year. 

I have a 3.68 overall GPA, 3.48 science GPA, and 3.91 non-science GPA. After we get the interview though our GPA, Volunteer experience, or anything else that's on your application doesn't matter. I went to western's information session and  they said that everyone with an interview is on the same level and they're only picking based on how you did on your interview. I did pretty bad on my interview last year and I didn't even get on the wait list. After hearing this it made sense. 

Archived