UF class of 2016 Applicants

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only time I'd roll the dice and not head up to Yale is if you have an spot somewhere else you like or you really don't like Yale. Otherwise, buy the ticket on an airline like Southwest or JetBlue where there are no or low change fees and head up there. There are worse places in the world than New Haven. Just sayin...

A couple of questions that I'm not sure anyone has the answer to:

1. Has anyone heard a definitive "no" yet, with or without an interview?

2. Has anyone been called after the initial interview invitations? In other words, have they called a second round of applicants for interviews? Because it seems like, from what I've been reading, everyone who has interviewed already or has one in the near future was called around 3 weeks ago.

Any insight is appreciated. Good luck everyone!

They are doing 7 rounds of interviews and have only completed 3. With the deadline just pasted they still have plenty of applicants to process, the waiting period sucks, trust me I desire a phone call every day and have yet to receive on for acceptance. I am sure they have not scheduled all the interviews yet so keep your head up and I only know of a few, around 6-8, people that have been accepted so there is room for you and me.

They are doing 7 rounds of interviews and have only completed 3. With the deadline just pasted they still have plenty of applicants to process, the waiting period sucks, trust me I desire a phone call every day and have yet to receive on for acceptance. I am sure they have not scheduled all the interviews yet so keep your head up and I only know of a few, around 6-8, people that have been accepted so there is room for you and me.

Very well put, friend.

On a positive note, they have only filled around 10% of the class and have interviewed almost half the interviewers. The odds are in our favor, let the waiting game continue! :) Best of luck to everyone about to interview. Too bad everyone can't get in. :P

This is the key thing to keep in mind. No one interviews for a wait list spot at UF and everyone interviewed has a fair shot.

This is reflective of how everything is run (fair but rigorous) and IMO that's a good thing. 

I'll be declining my invitation to interview at Yale due to my acceptance at UF!!! I cannot stress enough how awesome the interview experience is at UF. They do an amazing job at immersing you in all the aspects of the UFPA Program. Good luck to anyone still waiting on interviews/acceptances!!

Congrats brotha! I am vicariously sticking it to Yale through your interview rejection, as I got rejected for their interview. ;O

PS. (GoGata)

This is the key thing to keep in mind. No one interviews for a wait list spot at UF and everyone interviewed has a fair shot.

This is reflective of how everything is run (fair but rigorous) and IMO that's a good thing. 

I agree, when I heard about this, it really made me appreciate the program and that they are truly here for their students. Thanks GC, you are amazing! :) Still keeping my fingers crossed. 

Congrats to your acceptance btw Ultimate! What a great accomplishment for yoU! :)

Hi, guys, I'm new to the PA Forum, and from the info I've been reading, I'm glad I registered! So I sent my CASPA Aug. 29 (I know it's really late in the app cycle, but I had to find a job first... didn't want to apply with zero patient contact hours), but it didn't mail til Sept. 6 (which I know is past the priority deadline). My GRE, supplemental, letters, and everything is in, but I only got one email on Aug. 29 basically saying thanks for applying to UF. Haven't gotten any notification that my application has been forwarded to review... nothing.

I emailed Melinda asking her if she could please confirm receipt of documents a few days ago. Understandably, she's busy, so I don't expect a reply til later. But should I be legitimately worried?

Sounds like Melinda had a busy Monday. Congrats to all who got calls today! I can't wait to almost lose my voice again meeting the next round of interviewees :)

Hi, guys, I'm new to the PA Forum, and from the info I've been reading, I'm glad I registered! So I sent my CASPA Aug. 29 (I know it's really late in the app cycle, but I had to find a job first... didn't want to apply with zero patient contact hours), but it didn't mail til Sept. 6 (which I know is past the priority deadline). My GRE, supplemental, letters, and everything is in, but I only got one email on Aug. 29 basically saying thanks for applying to UF. Haven't gotten any notification that my application has been forwarded to review... nothing.

I emailed Melinda asking her if she could please confirm receipt of documents a few days ago. Understandably, she's busy, so I don't expect a reply til later. But should I be legitimately worried?

That sounds about par for the course. Once your app is complete, they review it.

Things are a bit busy round these parts. However, there are quite a few interview days left, so no need to worry just yet. 

I just kept myself busy, stayed positive, and focused on the fact that I would hear something eventually. School is a ways away.

The time to call is pretty variable across the class. I heard after a month and a half, some people in my class heard immediately, and others got calls in May.  The good thing is that you will know if you are on the waitlist by January, since the school puts together the "final" lists by the end of the semester.  

This is a waiting game unfortunately. Hang in there!

I'm still waiting for Melinda to send information about my interview details for Nov. 4th and 5th, but I'm wondering if anyone who has already interviewed can tell me an approximated time that Orientation starts on the first day? Is it early in the morning or that afternoon? Trying to make travel arrangements. Thanks so much!

Archived