UF class of 2016 Applicants

I bet you already have, but read through the thread, there's lot's of good information here.

It's been mentioned before and I'll mention it again, go to the student dinner! This isn't a hand picked group, so you'll get all your questions honestly answered and probably have a great time while you're at it. 

I look forward to meeting everyone and let us know if we can help in any way with your preparations.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

currin (and others) - although the orientation does start in the afternoon, if you are flying in from out of town I would HIGHLY recommend coming in the day before - get settled, find out where the building/parking is, etc. There has been more than one person in the past to miss an interview because of flight delays. Although it is not your fault when an airline can't get you to your destination on time, it does look very bad on you for not planning ahead and coming in early. Not as much of a problem for those driving but you do need to plan for extra time for accidents on the highway, etc. Besides, if you are settled and know where to go, it makes for a much more relaxing night's sleep the day before the orientation/interview process :-)

currin (and others) - although the orientation does start in the afternoon, if you are flying in from out of town I would HIGHLY recommend coming in the day before - get settled, find out where the building/parking is, etc. There has been more than one person in the past to miss an interview because of flight delays. Although it is not your fault when an airline can't get you to your destination on time, it does look very bad on you for not planning ahead and coming in early. Not as much of a problem for those driving but you do need to plan for extra time for accidents on the highway, etc. Besides, if you are settled and know where to go, it makes for a much more relaxing night's sleep the day before the orientation/interview process :-)

Thanks for the heads up Woodsters. I'll be driving from Orlando, so I'll be in Gainesville that early morning. and once I check into the hotel, they offer a shuttle service which means I won't have to worry about parking on campus.

Current students..what is the dress code for UF? I was accepted to nova Orlando which I liked but I hate that they have to dress business casual every day..the thought of having to get dressed up every morning after long hours of studying irritates me! I want to be able to wear scrubs for the didactic year.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a call Oct. 25th for an interview next week! So, not too much time to prepare! I'll be reading all the posts in this forum (again), but I'll gladly accept more advice or hints! =)

Also, a question: Monday is orientation, group experience, and dinner. Then Wednesday morning is the interview. What's on Tuesday other than the optional class attendance?

There are interviews on Tuesday for those assigned. Essentially, your group of interviewees will be interviewed in three time slots - 1 group on Tuesday am, one group on Tuesday pm and one group on Wednesday am. So, other than the class on Tuesday am, there is nothing for you to do on Tuesday. Usually the Tuesday am time slots are saved for those flying in so they can get home on the same day without paying for a second night in the motel. Those on Wed am are for those who are local who don't have to drive, fly or pay for hotels. This isn't cut in stone but that's how it usually goes.

Good luck!

You're not going to be able to talk about interview specific details on the forum but I highly recommend going to the optional dinner on Monday night where you can ask current students anything you want. Of course, at that time the essay will be over, but they can help you know what to expect in the actual interview.

Archived