UF class of 2016 Applicants

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just received an acceptance phone call 5/30 Friday. I was accepted from off the wait list for the class of 2016. I was in total shock.

I was already working on making myself a better applicant for this application cycle... continuing to work as a Ophthalmic Tech, Shadow more PAs, volunteer in the hospital, and volunteer for Walks such as Myasthenia gravis, Multiple Sclerosis, Arthritis Walks etc., enrolled into a summer EMT program, meanwhile updating and rewriting my narrative statement. I had it all planned out-- and though it took alot, I was mentally ready for round 3 of applications, (third time applying)

I never thought I would get accepted so late in the game. Now, I'm going to stop and drop everything I've been doing to head to Gainesville. 

Honestly, It's pretty crazy. You never know what kind of curve ball life will through at you.

After going at it for 2 application cycles, I had coworkers telling me to settle, a PA telling me this will be my last chance to get into PA schools, or that the EMT program won't be helpful... I pushed through and kept going. 

Hark work truly does pay off. 

Message me if you have any questions about my application. If you need resources for shadowing PAs in the South Florida area.

I'd like to help anyone who needs it.

Archived