UF class of 2016 Applicants

Sorry to hear about the rejection letters going out. I have yet to hear anything from UF. After I saw these posts I went to check my mail and almost had an aneurysm. However, I had nothing from UF. Now I have the rest of the weekend to worry if I have a rejection letter coming or if I may get a call on Monday. :\ I hate this, I just want to know either way. 

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is that letters we're put in the mail on Friday and depending on the distance and efficiency of your local mail carrier the time it takes to receive the letter may vary. It is a very busy season for the USPS delivering all those cards and gifts... Acceptances are extended by phone and even if you didn't take the call a message would have been left. At this point the best news you can hope for is an alternate letter. And the waiting begins again....

I am glad to hear that some of you at least have other opportunities! Although I wouldn't trade my UF education for anything, the bottom line is in 2016 you will achieve your dream of becoming a PA. The "where" is not the dream itself but merely the means to the end! Hold your heads high future PA's! And for those who will be waiting this one out for another year, take a deep breath and regroup for next year. And submit those applications early!

I didn't get in the first time I applied either but I persevered and wound up going to school on an NHSC (full ride) scholarship and was the president of my class. Everything just fell into place when the time was right and it will for you, too. There's too much life to live to have your hopes and dreams crushed by an admissions committee! Let me know if you need help regrouping!

It varies from year to year. UF isn't the dream school for everyone. Often, out of staters will choose to go elsewhere because it's cheaper. Sometimes, people are waiting on the likes of Duke, Emory, etc. In my class they only dipped 7 deep into the alternate pool. The next year, it was 17. Since you have no idea where you are on the list, there's no way to determine how much hope you have. HOWEVER, waitlist is way better than rejection except for that the waiting will continue all the way to June...

So I just got the weirdest email at 2:30 from UF stating that:

"We have received your application materials from CASPA, your UF Supplemental Application and your official GRE scores. Your application is complete.  Your information has been forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review."

Has anyone else received something like this today? I submitted everything in JULY so this is just weird.

I was not extended an interview so I'm guessing this is just to cover their bases?

I also got my alternate list letter today in the mail. No idea how many are on the list. If you do call let me know if they tell you where you are ranked even though I don't think they will tell you. So the waiting begins again. How long are you going to wait to hear from UF before moving on with plans for other schools? I got in UAB but probably won't start getting ready for school/moving until early April but we'll see. I'm excited/bummed all at the same time, weird.

Congrats on the UAB acceptance. Unfortunately for me, I am on the waitlist at South in Tampa and UofF only. So there is only waiting for me. I will let you know what I find out tomorrow if anything. Any chance I could convince you to just take the UAB spot regardless of uf status just to give us UF hopefulls a chance?

P.s. anyone accepted to UF know they will be declining?

Archived