UF class of 2016 Applicants

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Congrats to those who are getting the interview calls! I was in your shoes last year so I know it is very exciting and nerve racking. One thing that I recommend is plan on going to the swamp dinner with the students after the orientation. This helped me greatly last year with my nerves and get a feel for what to expect. UF really wants to get to know YOU so be yourselves and relax. You have already met their standards on paper, now they want to see if you are a good fit for the program!

Congrats to those who are getting the interview calls! I was in your shoes last year so I know it is very exciting and nerve racking. One thing that I recommend is plan on going to the swamp dinner with the students after the orientation. This helped me greatly last year with my nerves and get a feel for what to expect. UF really wants to get to know YOU so be yourselves and relax. You have already met their standards on paper, now they want to see if you are a good fit for the program!

What he says is truth! This is a great program with awesome faculty, staff, and students. Come ready to get to know the program and let them get to know you.

I was always nervous about these questions. Invariably, I'd walk into the room, was given the topic, and had an "Oh, okay, that's pretty easy" type of reaction. The topics are generally straight forward and it is easy to formulate an opinion. Just take a moment to think about it. If it's written, write a quick outline on a piece of scrap paper to keep your thoughts straight.

I can't comment on other schools, but at UF they aren't trying to trip you up with these question, and they are not trying to make you squirm. Just have a good conversation or write a cogent essay that makes sense. You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be yourself. Notice the theme :=D:?

Now, "If you were a color what would you be and why?" could be a fun question.

Quick question for all of you fellow applicants...it sounds like most of you didn't get an email saying that your GRE scores were received but if my memory serves me correctly, when we were making our gatorlink accounts after submitting our supplementals there was a feature that would allow us to track our application and the supporting documents to make sure everything was received. I haven't been able to find this though and due to how my last name is punctuated (St. Pierre) some schools systems don't always support the period in my name and my stuff doesn't end up getting matched together. I thought I'd just ask you guys here since it took me 2+ weeks to get an email response from them with a different question.

I did receive the email stating that my application had been received and forwarded on to the admissions committee for review however there are instructions in that email about reporting GRE scores so I don't know if this is enough to assume that everything has been received/matched together.

Any help is much appreciated!

-DSP

DSTPierre, If you go into CASPA and look under the right column and click "Official Tests", it should show 0427-U OF FLORIDA PHYS ASST CASPA and your score. UF is one of the schools that directly sends their scores to CASPA and (at least from my understanding) once your GRE score is received, you should be able to see the school listed on the "Official Tests" page. Do you see your score listed on there?

At any rate, whether UF has your scores or not, CASPA should. And although UF will require an official copy straight from GRE people, the fact that they might not have it should not affect whether you will get an interview or not (since for the time being they will trust that what CASPA received from GRE is official). So don't sweat the small stuff. The matter of supplementals, GREs, etc won't stop them from extending an interview invite to a qualified applicant. On the other hand, lack of these will keep you from matriculating. But if accepted you will have ample time to make sure all your ducks are in a row.

No sweat. I forgot last night too but good news. You can go back/click on supplemental and login in. There is actually a link to log in to review/print. Just print two--you mail one and keep one. I am sure it is no problem. I cannot speak for the university if this is acceptable but know this. You are not the only one! Goodluck!

You were supposed to send your GRE scores to the one for the CASPA/UF GRE code. It's a new thing that some schools are doing this year. Half of the schools I applied to used it.

https://portal.caspaonline.org/caspaHelpPages/frequently-asked-questions/transcripts/standardized-tests/

here's a link to the page that shows which schools participate in it (under CASPA GRE Code).

That's interesting (and new). I don't know anything about it but I do know that as long as CASPA has your GRE scores that you should not fret over whether or not UF has them. It won't hold you back from getting an interview either way. Nor will forgetting to print and mail in your supplemental.

Archived