UF class of 2016 Applicants

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, if we haven't heard a peep, that means we're rejected? I wish they would send out a letter, making it official. What did we pay the supplemental application fee for? 

Waiting is the worst part of the this process. However, relax :) Phone calls are still being made. Letters go out after this part of the process is done. Everyone gets something in the mail.

@aliss - those who interviewed and are accepted get a phone call. Those who interviewed but are not among the first sixty chosen are sent a letter that says they are either an alternate (ie waitlisted) or were not accepted. The letters will probably be mailed either the end of December or sometime in January. IF waitlisted, the waiting begins again because those who have accepted and put down deposits on seats might still choose to go somewhere else.

The 1100+ people who applied but did not interview will likely not hear anything.

The 1100+ people who applied but did not interview will likely not hear anything.

Welp... that seems to include me. I find this very frustrating. Other schools have significantly more applicants than UF, but still manage to send an answer to each candidate.  I guess it wasn't meant to be! 

I wasn't offered an interview last year and still received a letter. I think it took a while for me to get it, but if i remember correctly i still got one. But @aliss929 don't get discouraged...if this is something you really want then apply again (if that ends up being necessary). I didn't even get an interview last year, and this time I got in! even better i got that glorious phone call in September, so i didn't have to go through this terrible wait again. 

I wasn't offered an interview last year and still received a letter. I think it took a while for me to get it, but if i remember correctly i still got one. But @aliss929 don't get discouraged...if this is something you really want then apply again (if that ends up being necessary). I didn't even get an interview last year, and this time I got in! even better i got that glorious phone call in September, so i didn't have to go through this terrible wait again. 

Bubbles, thanks for the encouragement. Fortunately, I have a spot in the Emory PA Program.  I'm just bitter.  I felt that I was a competitive candidate, yet, I didn't even get an interview invite from UF. 

Hey, none of us have a reason to be bitter we are all blessed to be able to apply. I had an interview this year but we are all strong candidates in our own way. I only applied to one school at least you had the foreknowledge to apply elsewhere. Emry is a great school be proud of this accomplishment, I know I am proud to have been at least considered.

Past experience has been that they like to try to get things done by Christmas break which starts at close of business on Friday. I am NOT an insider so I do NOT know what they are doing this year. I do know that the first year students finished the semester today and the second years finish on Friday so in addition to trying to finalize the class of 2016 they are doing end of semester business for the class of 2014 and 2015. It's a busy week so hang in there! I have a friend in the class of 2014 who received his acceptance phone call on a Friday night at 7 pm. Until waitlist and rejection letters go out, everyone still has hope :-) HANG in there! And don't forget that a lot of us have to try two or more times to get in. If it's your dream, it is worth every bit of the wait.

Several of my shadows applied this year and two of them are still waiting to hear. They aren't on the forum so if I hear from them I will post on here. Otherwise, just keep checking to on the forum to see if anyone has posted. GOOD LUCK!

Hey, none of us have a reason to be bitter we are all blessed to be able to apply. I had an interview this year but we are all strong candidates in our own way. I only applied to one school at least you had the foreknowledge to apply elsewhere. Emry is a great school be proud of this accomplishment, I know I am proud to have been at least considered.

Well said paramedic. Any interview, or any word at all from any school should give an applicant hope. At that point, you know that schools are interested in you, and you are doing the right things. Whether you are the 'right fit' or not is completely up to the program. I am more than honored to have been a part of this amazing process. If anything I grew a TON by the interview. I learned that the interview is not just a one-way street. The applicant is just as much interviewing the school as the school is interviewing the applicant. I also learned that I needed to be more confident and comfortable with myself, my application, and accomplishments to truly shine. UF was a fantastic start to my interviewing process and allowed me at the very least to get accepted into three programs this year (after only being wait-listed last year). 

Don't be discouraged in the least bit. If something is truly your dream, it will happen if you work hard and truly want it. Some things just weren't meant to happen when you want it to happen. Time may be just the answer (for experience at the very least). 

Best of luck to everyone. Although I am one of many to be waiting for my call, I am honored and humbled by my experiences. Thank you to everyone (especially GC and Woodsters) for being so incredibly helpful throughout the process. You all are what make UF so different from the rest.

@ Paramedic. You are a good and true character. I know you will do well in your future, and I hope you keep in touch! It was a pleasure to have met you in the interview!! Good luck to you! :)

technically it could happen as late as the end of January. In recent years they have tried to finalize by Christmas break so I am hopeful for you all. That's why I said you wouldn't know for sure it was over until you get a phone call or a letter in the mail confirming your status. None of us have any way of knowing what they are doing, you can only hope :-)

Archived