UF class of 2016 Applicants

it's always best to apply early. there are 2 interview sessions left- one next week and one the first week of December. If you are goimg to get an interview invite it will be before Thanksgiving.

I applied late. Heck, I'm not even sure if they have my application.  I'm hoping to hear a response from UF this coming week.  I really, really want to go back to UF!

Do you know if they send out rejection letters via email?

Also, did you get a generic email saying that they were reviewing your application?

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if they send out letters/emails to those who don't get interviews. It would be a VERY large task as over 1200 apply but only about 150 interview. If you interview and do not get accepted, yes, you should get a letter. Not sure about the email stating they are reviewing the application - I think so. You could send an email asking if everything is in order.

• 2 weeks later...

So I didn't get a call this week from UF for their last interview spots on Dec 2/3. I'm still praying that they will somehow miraculously open up another interview session. Does anyone know if they have anymore interview sessions or is it just over?! :(

I can't believe how amazing everything about the whole interview process was.

I thought the orientation was so informative and made me so much more excited about this program. Dinner at the swamp eased so many of my fears and I can't thank the current students enough for answering my questions. The interviews themselves were much more pleasant than I had anticipated.

Overall it was an impressive experience and I'm honored to have been chosen to take part in their interview process. I hope to hear something positive soon! Good luck to all who interviewed!

I'm happy everyone had a great time!

Best of luck to all who have interviewed this year and are still waiting. I hope and pray that phone call comes very soon. 

If you didn't get an interview or didn't get a spot this year, do not despair! There are students in the program who applied multiple times. Keeping pushing, find out what you can improve for next year, and remember that this forum is a great resource to help you reach your goal. 

Hi all! Congrats to all those being accepted to the program for 2014!  I am hopeful to join in 2015. Quick question for those entering this year: By the time I apply next year, I will still be little short of UF's recommended 1,000 Direct Patient Care hours, but I will have more than 4,000 indirect hours.  Is anyone aware of applicants entering the program short of direct patient care hours?  Has anyone here been accepted that could share their own experience?  Thanks for any responses!

Don't worry, the program will take into consideration the fact that you are applying a full year before you begin. There are a few people in the current first year class who were below the minimums when they applied. However, since they continued to work, they were just fine by the time school started the following year. 

Just make sure your application and essay are stellar and make the admissions director want to meet you. Getting that interview is key.

For everyone still waiting for this year, hang in there! Phone calls are coming very soon, I hope and pray you hear good news in the next few days! No matter the result, we will be here to help and encourage.

@trav - Checko is correct - UF extrapolates the hours provided you list them on your application as "start date" (whatever that is) to "present". They will presume you will continue working at the same number of hours per week up until school starts. So if you are working at least half time in direct patient care you shouldn't have any problem with the hours. I STRONGLY encourage you to fill out and submit your application as EARLY as possible. They start interviewing BEFORE the deadline so you need to get that app in by June "for best results". You can always update your application with changes, improvements by emailing the program.

Archived