Got into PA school on the 2nd try?

I am wondering if anyone that didnt get into PA school their first time applying if they got in their second time. I was waitlisted the first time and am wondering if I have any chance of getting in my second try. Any PA's or PA students out there that didn't get in the first time but ended up being successful?

Heck yeah. Tons of people don't get on their first or second attempt. I got in on my second attempt. I had classmates who had applied 3 times. That is not uncommon at all. I did a bunch more shadowing and I am an RN so I started picking up shifts in different departments and I sought out much better references. Do not give up if you really want to be a PA!!!

• 5 months later...

Well, I just got another "we regret to inform you that you have not been selected for admission" email this year. Should I just give up? I've taken 9 classes to increase my GPA (all 9 classes were A's and pre-reqs). I have 5000 hrs of HCE. I've given up the past 3 years for this (my daugther barely sees me and I took a $20K decrease in pay for the HCE). My pre-req GPA was over 3.7 and my overall GPA is 3.0 (last 40 credit hours GPA is 3.75). I am so mad that people with only 100-500 hours of HCE are getting accepted!

Well, I just got another "we regret to inform you that you have not been selected for admission" email this year. Should I just give up? I've taken 9 classes to increase my GPA (all 9 classes were A's and pre-reqs). I have 5000 hrs of HCE. I've given up the past 3 years for this (my daugther barely sees me and I took a $20K decrease in pay for the HCE). My pre-req GPA was over 3.7 and my overall GPA is 3.0 (last 40 credit hours GPA is 3.75). I am so mad that people with only 100-500 hours of HCE are getting accepted!

How was your science GPA?

How was your science GPA?

Are you only applying to one place?

Are you only applying to one place?

I notice your pre-req GPA is 3.7, but your overall GPA is 3.0. A 3.0 cumGPA is pretty low. I know most programs state the average accepted applicant has a 3.6 or higher (at least, the ones I've investigated). While they may accept a lower cumGPA, a 3.0 isn't very competitive. What type of HCE do you have?

I notice your pre-req GPA is 3.7, but your overall GPA is 3.0. A 3.0 cumGPA is pretty low. I know most programs state the average accepted applicant has a 3.6 or higher (at least, the ones I've investigated). While they may accept a lower cumGPA, a 3.0 isn't very competitive. What type of HCE do you have?

Archived