YALE 2022 Cycle (ONLINE)

1 hour ago, literalscreaming said:

That was kinda outta pocket, I don't think being more woke or more of a poor minority will help...I'm sorry you also got waitlisted and wish you the best of luck, but be careful posting sarcastic comments online, they may come around to bite you in the ass

“Yale Medical School is committed to contributing to a health care workforce that reflects the diversity of the patients it serves. We seek to enroll students from a range of ethnic and economic backgrounds, including from communities that have been historically underrepresented in the medical profession.”

Thanks for the advice about something biting be in the ass.  Here is some advise, phony words of encouragement will not get you off the waitlist any sooner, but thank you for contributing to one of the fakest processes I’ve ever had privilege of being a part of.

4 minutes ago, Axr1982 said:

“Yale Medical School is committed to contributing to a health care workforce that reflects the diversity of the patients it serves. We seek to enroll students from a range of ethnic and economic backgrounds, including from communities that have been historically underrepresented in the medical profession.”

Thanks for the advice about something biting be in the ass.  Here is some advise, phony words of encouragement will not get you off the waitlist any sooner, but thank you for contributing to one of the fakest processes I’ve ever had privilege of being a part of.

Man you gotta stop being bitter just because you're pissed about not getting an outright yes. its life dude, it sucks but it is LITERALLY life. being a POS won't get you anywhere other than being miserable on your own lmao. I was trying to be nice but you obviousllllyy don't deserve it, keep saying ill shit online for no reason ❤️ I truly hope you have the day you deserve.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Axr1982 said:

You are so incredibly entitled and ignorant. In your little self pity party, you have failed to recognize the difficulties people who are "of a minority with less money" face, and how those same people struggle more through this application process. The process is designed against them. They likely don't have access to stellar education, a career center, or have the financial means to pay the application fees, GRE tests, CASPer tests, etc. You have also failed to recognize that those same people "of a minority with less money" have also been likely rejected or waitlisted like you.

Almost every graduate programs, regardless of whether they are medical school, PA school, master programs, or PhD programs, have made statements similar to the one you quoted above. This current push towards diversity and inclusion is BECAUSE minority people are under-represented. Just because a school is making an effort to recognize and mitigate bias towards a group of people that have historically been favored, like non-minority people, does not mean that minority people will automatically be accepted into PA programs. 

It is absolutely WILD to me that I have to explain this to you - someone who aspires to work in a career of servitude, especially a career that is meant to serve those in underserved communities. 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Axr1982 said:

Gee, I wonder why Yale didn't choose to accept you?

• Like 2

Guys, this has to stop. I was outright rejected, not even waitlisted. Angry? Upset? Lost??? yes. I spent 4K I saved up on a Biochemistry pre-req in hopes of becoming a student. Did they know that? No?? Do they care? Probably not. That’s ok tho!! 

Perhaps Yale online has to work through a few things. They’re on probation, after all. It’a an ongoing learning curve for everyone!!!!

There are other programs out there! Maybe there will be more online/hybrid programs next cycle! And if some of you guys are inclined to apply to this PA school again, good luck! Hopefully things will change, and be in your favor!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Axr1982 said:

Loving the advice. It keeps coming!  Yale is missing out on you! You want me reach out and tell them they must have overlooked putting you on the “select now” for extreme wisdom list? I can’t wait to see what you put next… Literally can’t….

Are you okay? Because this is actually hilarious. Keep making a fool of yourself dude LOL

24 minutes ago, qiuhas said:

You are so incredibly entitled and ignorant. In your little self pity party, you have failed to recognize the difficulties people who are "of a minority with less money" face, and how those same people struggle more through this application process. The process is designed against them. They likely don't have access to stellar education, a career center, or have the financial means to pay the application fees, GRE tests, CASPer tests, etc. You have also failed to recognize that those same people "of a minority with less money" have also been likely rejected or waitlisted like you.

Almost every graduate programs, regardless of whether they are medical school, PA school, master programs, or PhD programs, have made statements similar to the one you quoted above. This current push towards diversity and inclusion is BECAUSE minority people are under-represented. Just because a school is making an effort to recognize and mitigate bias towards a group of people that have historically been favored, like non-minority people, does not mean that minority people will automatically be accepted into PA programs. 

It is absolutely WILD to me that I have to explain this to you - someone who aspires to work in a career of servitude, especially a career that is meant to serve those in underserved communities. 

What you are saying is the most racist thing on this whole thread. Tell me more about a process designed against “them”. You should probably pump the social justice virtue signaling brakes if you come equipped with those.

America is the land of opportunity for anyone who goes out and gets it. Please spare me the system is rigged garbage.  It is people who believe that that feed into that garbage. As someone who put themselves through college and did 20 years in the military going to countries seeing real underserved people, the “underserved less fortunate people of America” are victims of their own undoing. So thank you for the lesson, but you are the problem. 

6 minutes ago, Axr1982 said:

What you are saying is the most racist thing on this whole thread. Tell me more about a process designed against “them”. You should probably pump the social justice virtue signaling brakes if you come equipped with those.

America is the land of opportunity for anyone who goes out and gets it. Please spare me the system is rigged garbage.  It is people who believe that that feed into that garbage. As someone who put themselves through college and did 20 years in the military going to countries seeing real underserved people, the “underserved less fortunate people of America” are victims of their own undoing. So thank you for the lesson, but you are the problem. 

My dad did not serve 25 years in the military for an asshat like you to be racist, ignorant, and rude and then use your military experience to justify yourself. Keep going. Keep giving us free entertainment please, this is just amazing 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Axr1982 said:

As someone with 19 years and my service put me through college I would like to say you are missing a main point, this isn’t a forum for what you’re doing. There are also underserved people all over the world. Our country does not fall under the same category of “victims of their own undoing”. I can say I hope you’re retired and can no longer influence the younger service members with your hate. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Reej22 said:

I don’t know where I went wrong. 
4.0 gpa overall with science heavy semesters

medical assistant to on orthopedic spine surgeon 

2000 plus volunteer hours 

500 plus shadowing 

where can I improve? If anyone has any advice 

Noo 😞  That's not the question. My research and this interview with James Van Rhee & Jane McDaniel through the PA Platform really clarified a lot for me.

They stressed how important the interview is because they want to see your true personality. I was waitlisted too, and felt like I had a rough start with my first interviewer (I was so nervous I blacked out and that is still the only interview I can't remember), but then relaxed and had a great experience with the rest. And obviously there were many others that just crushed it. The other thing said too is they form a class with the best applicants who will provide each other the best experience. It was clarified that their value of "diversity" did not mean they're looking to fill seats with a desired mixture of race, gender, sex and socioeconomic status in the cohort, but diversity in life experience and background. If you get an interview, your stats/CASPA app are no longer in question. It's who has a great personality with a background that can add value to the cohort they're building. The MMI and essay was meant to blindside everyone, and pretty much leveled the playing field. So I know reflecting on that and working on interview skills is the way to improve.

Honestly I have to believe that if we're waitlisted, we still align with their vision of who should be in the class, because cohorts are constantly filled with students off the waitlist, and otherwise, we would've just been rejected. Every student ambassador in my post-interview session break-out group were re-applicants & pulled from the waitlist, who seemed like first-pick material. So it might not feel like it, but this is at least a confirmation that you've got what they're looking for, and you have a lot of reasons to be proud!

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, MKaitz said:

Noo 😞  That's not the question. My research and this interview with James Van Rhee & Jane McDaniel through the PA Platform really clarified a lot for me.

They stressed how important the interview is because they want to see your true personality. I was waitlisted too, and felt like I had a rough start with my first interviewer (I was so nervous I blacked out and that is still the only interview I can't remember), but then relaxed and had a great experience with the rest. And obviously there were many others that just crushed it. The other thing said too is they form a class with the best applicants who will provide each other the best experience. It was clarified that their value of "diversity" did not mean they're looking to fill seats with a desired mixture of race, gender, sex and socioeconomic status in the cohort, but diversity in life experience and background. If you get an interview, your stats/CASPA app are no longer in question. It's who has a great personality with a background that can add value to the cohort they're building. The MMI and essay was meant to blindside everyone, and pretty much leveled the playing field. So I know reflecting on that and working on interview skills is the way to improve.

Honestly I have to believe that if we're waitlisted, we still align with their vision of who should be in the class, because cohorts are constantly filled with students off the waitlist, and otherwise, we would've just been rejected. Every student ambassador in my post-interview session break-out group were re-applicants & pulled from the waitlist, who seemed like first-pick material. So it might not feel like it, but this is at least a confirmation that you've got what they're looking for, and you have a lot of reasons to be proud!

VERY well said! I look forward to potentially being in the cohort with you. You seem like you’d be a great addition to any program. 

• Like 1

This self entitled person. Sometimes you may be good enough but not enough seats unfortunately. Smh. This is my 5th application cycle. I am a poor minority. But I'll leave you with this message... "Pick yourself up by the boot straps but what if people don't even have boots to begin with?"

Edited by VQueenNerd
Added sentence
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, MKaitz said:

This 100% I watched all I could on YouTube as well. I went into the interview trying to be myself and laid back. I got the feeling this program really appreciates life experience and more non traditional students, not that they don’t take the more traditional and they even say that in some of the YouTube interviews. I also think the sheer number of applicants makes it difficult obviously. I took the advice of applying as early as I could also. I think that is very beneficial for anyone reapplying. Keep diversifying your PCE and get as much “high level” or unique PCE hours as you can.

Edited by Tah0609
  • Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 6:54 AM, literalscreaming said:

One thing I thought about, in their email they said they’ve decided the January 2023 cohort. However, they’re still interviewing at least 30 more people. It’s seems kind of wrong/unfair to those applicants to be interviewed AFTER the cohorts already decided, no? Id want to know if that were me, because you’re no longer interviewing for an empty seat, you’re interviewing to be placed on a waitlist in hopes an already accepted students gives up their seat. 

Would you be willing to share the email? My admissions counselor says they keep slots open for each interview cycle. I’m curious what changed. I agree though… It’s disheartening for someone that has yet to interview. 

On 9/10/2022 at 1:52 PM, ArmyWifePA said:

Would you be willing to share the email? My admissions counselor says they keep slots open for each interview cycle. I’m curious what changed. I agree though… It’s disheartening for someone that has yet to interview. 

"The Admissions Committee of the Yale School of Medicine Physician Assistant Online Program has made its selections for the January 2023 cohort. We interviewed many extremely well-qualified candidates this year, which made the selection process very challenging for the Committee. Although we are unable to offer you a position in the class at this time, we would like to offer you a seat on the Waitlist."

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, krenolds said:

"The Admissions Committee of the Yale School of Medicine Physician Assistant Online Program has made its selections for the January 2023 cohort. We interviewed many extremely well-qualified candidates this year, which made the selection process very challenging for the Committee. Although we are unable to offer you a position in the class at this time, we would like to offer you a seat on the Waitlist."

I was wondering if those that were waitlisted earlier in the cycle received the same wording in their email?  

I have an interview on the 19th and want to know if there is even a glimmer of a chance that I could be accepted.

18 hours ago, gtudor9 said:

I was wondering if those that were waitlisted earlier in the cycle received the same wording in their email?  

I have an interview on the 19th and want to know if there is even a glimmer of a chance that I could be accepted.

I was waitlisted in June and got the same wording. Good luck on your interview, you’ve got this!

• Like 1