YALE 2022 Cycle (ONLINE)

14 hours ago, Persistandsuceed said:

James Van Rhee stepped down from the role of program director, I’m not sure what is going on with this program. 
still waitlisted, as many other great applicants and is has been radio silent. 
program is in probationary status. 😣😑

Oh my gosh. I wonder what is going to happen to this program? I know there was a lot of noise surrounding the admissions and interview processes. 

In my opinion, this is not setting the bar high for hybrid physician assistant/associate programs. 

I do wish current students and other prospective students the very best on their journey wherever they go. 

1 hour ago, opalphant said:

Oh my gosh. I wonder what is going to happen to this program? I know there was a lot of noise surrounding the admissions and interview processes. 

In my opinion, this is not setting the bar high for hybrid physician assistant/associate programs. 

I do wish current students and other prospective students the very best on their journey wherever they go. 

Here are my two cents.. 

Going on probation status sounds worse than it is.. I would recommend reading their entire page regarding their accreditation status. If you speak with any current or past Yale PA student, the program has excellent reviews and a top school to receive an education from. The application process might be a little slow, but that is just the nature of this process, some schools are faster, some slower! Either way, we are all anxiously waiting - a little woosahhh and time, we will find out eventually, so many of us are in the same boat! 

With a PD stepping down, it does not mean a bad thing, maybe something significant is going on in their personal life and they could not perform the PD role anymore or maybe they do not wish to be the PD anymore! It doesn't always mean a negative thing. 

This is still an excellent program, the bar is still high - I would kill to have an accepted spot, regardless of the probation and PD stepping down! Acceptance from this program entails you as a PA student at Yale University - Yale!! A top Ivy league school. I think we should all still be very eager for an acceptance if this is a top school for you. 

OK thank you for coming to my ted talk - We've got this!! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, PAdnr said:

Here are my two cents.. 

Going on probation status sounds worse than it is.. I would recommend reading their entire page regarding their accreditation status. If you speak with any current or past Yale PA student, the program has excellent reviews and a top school to receive an education from. The application process might be a little slow, but that is just the nature of this process, some schools are faster, some slower! Either way, we are all anxiously waiting - a little woosahhh and time, we will find out eventually, so many of us are in the same boat! 

With a PD stepping down, it does not mean a bad thing, maybe something significant is going on in their personal life and they could not perform the PD role anymore or maybe they do not wish to be the PD anymore! It doesn't always mean a negative thing. 

This is still an excellent program, the bar is still high - I would kill to have an accepted spot, regardless of the probation and PD stepping down! Acceptance from this program entails you as a PA student at Yale University - Yale!! A top Ivy league school. I think we should all still be very eager for an acceptance if this is a top school for you. 

OK thank you for coming to my ted talk - We've got this!! 

This! I spoke with a few current and previous students and they raved about the program and their experience. I am sure it wasn’t easy for the P.D. to leave as I know he was super passionate about this program and helped it to reach such high standards. If he is leaving, I’m sure there is a good reason and the next P.D. will be equally passionate and continue to build an innovative and future forward way of learning. I am still on the waitlist as well and yes it is hard to wait but if I get the acceptance call I will cry, celebrate, and enroll without hesitation. They have a lot of amazing candidates to go through and a lot of change is happening so I think we all just have to give some grace through this transition. Hopefully we will all get the call in the next few weeks and can start celebrating together. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, 

I just got my official rejection off the waitlist from Yale. I interviewed on 9/15 and was placed on the waitlist on 9/21. I am a bit sad but now that I am out of limbo very energized for the next application cycle. I have been working to improve my application while waiting ( as I am sure all of you have been, too), so this news just hyper focuses me. This is my top choice school, and I will apply as soon as the cycle opens in April. 

Good luck to all those still waiting for the call from Yale or other schools. 

Take care, everyone-

A

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...