YALE 2022 Cycle (ONLINE)

2 hours ago, ScrantonPA said:

So why did they reject people that have been on the waitlist but add more people to the waitlist from later interviews? Just wanting to understand how this works.

I believe they rank people on the waitlist. They give each candidate a score and move them up and down the list accordingly. 

Hi everyone! I just found this forum and wanted to say hello and good luck to all of you. It's nice to have a place to talk to other people going through this crazy application experience. It's such an emotional process because it means so much. Personally, I learned today that I have been added to the waitlist (interviewed 9/15, placed on waitlist 9/21) and am trying to stay optimistic that a few spots might still open up while also preparing for my next steps should that not work out. Ever since my interview, every time my phone rings, my heart skips. I'm sure you guys can relate. Anyway, I wish all of us luck, and thanks for sharing your experiences. It's nice to not feel alone through this. 🙂

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Dreaming said:

Hi everyone! I just found this forum and wanted to say hello and good luck to all of you. It's nice to have a place to talk to other people going through this crazy application experience. It's such an emotional process because it means so much. Personally, I learned today that I have been added to the waitlist (interviewed 9/15, placed on waitlist 9/21) and am trying to stay optimistic that a few spots might still open up while also preparing for my next steps should that not work out. Ever since my interview, every time my phone rings, my heart skips. I'm sure you guys can relate. Anyway, I wish all of us luck, and thanks for sharing your experiences. It's nice to not feel alone through this. 🙂

You couldn't be more spot on🖤 Good luck to you as well. We've got this!!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Perhaps said:

I believe they rank people on the waitlist. They give each candidate a score and move them up and down the list accordingly. 

I think they should share with students where in the waitlist each of us are. This is the first program that waitlists applicants and then a couple of days/weeks same applicants are rejected.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 3:02 PM, gtudor9 said:

I believe so.  I had received an invite for the post interview session on 9/15 however my interview wasn't scheduled until 9/19.  I emailed my admissions councilor about this and he told me the next post interview session would be 10/6.  However, I have yet to received an email invite for that date.

This exact same thing happened to me but earlier this cycle! My original post interview was scheduled for 3 days before my interview. I ended up Receiving the invite to my real post interview session like a week before. It all worked out.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 10:43 AM, ragonzalez328 said:

Has anyone received an email with a link for the Oct 6th post interview yet? 

When I interviewed back in June, I received the post interview webinar link the day of the webinar. So, they will likely send it out for you guys on October 6th.

Good luck everyone!!