YALE 2022 Cycle (ONLINE)

On 10/17/2022 at 5:06 PM, Moonchaser69 said:

I have not heard anything either. I interviewed 10/6 so I figure it will be awhile. 

When did you interview?or when was your post?  After the post interview is 2 weeks. 

im waitlisted along with 300 other amazing applicants seems like as most people in September got waitlisted. 

• Like 1

I received my email today that I was not accepted. I’m devastated. It’s difficult to accept because I know what it means to me and how hard I had to work to get here. I wish the interviews would have been a slightly different format. Regardless, I know the personal struggles I overcame to get where I am, so I’m still proud of myself for making it this far. Congrats to all that got a seat. I wish you the very best. To those that did not, don’t give up. There’s always next year. Take care everyone! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 8/27/2022 at 2:12 PM, happyandhopeful said:

Hey there! I’m a current student at YPAO and just wanted to encourage you that you are absolutely not the only one this happened to. It seems like there are about 5-6 rounds of interviews with groups of between 60-80 interviewees. In each of those groups it seems 10-15ppl are accepted and around that many waitlisted. So if you are being generous with your estimations my guess is of the people who interview at least half are rejected. These are all just my own personal estimates based on the few application cycles I have watched (the program itself has never shared any of this type of info with us). 

I think not many people know about the forum and a lot of people won’t publicly share bad news, so the numbers you see here aren’t a real reflection. I say all of this to encourage you and let you know you aren’t alone and to keep chasing your dream! It also took me a few cycles to get in but it’s worth it!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, literalscreaming said:

I will not be accepting a seat at Yale, I got accepted to a program that I believe does more for their students during clinical years and has far better student support. Best of luck everyone!

Congrats! It is important to find a program that is a good fit! Just curious -- is there something that makes you feel like this program doesn't support its students? 

• Like 1

To those of you that didn't get in this cycle, I am so sorry. I know how much work and energy goes into the application process and the interview and I know how much a lot of you wanted this. While I know for some of you, you didn't get the news you wanted, I wanted to congratulate each of you on getting this far. To get an interview with a school like Yale, is a huge accomplishment, whether or not you become a final selection. Don't give up on your dream. My counselor said that a lot of students re-applied and got in. 

For me, I'm still holding hope out here on the waitlist. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1