YALE 2022 Cycle (ONLINE)

On 8/28/2022 at 9:13 PM, Aubs191 said:

I was rejected the morning after the post interview too. It was truly unfortunate timing too because I was heading out for a backpacking trip with my sisters, put a damper on my mood for that day lol to say the least. So @mfcfpa  you definitely weren't the only one and you really should apply next cycle. I'm absolutely going to. It's just a kink in the road that's all. I truly wish good news for everyone else!!! 

On 8/29/2022 at 10:45 PM, Elena1234 said:

Take this year to do something you have been really wanting to do! And then reapply! Things happen for a reason. Don't give up! I always have a plan B and try to have something exciting to look forward to. You got this! 

Thank for the support from both of you! I’m not sure if I’ll apply the next cycle. I’m considering a career in healthcare Admin just because that’s also a feasible path for me at this point and I want to advance in some way career wise sooner than later. Next year would be my 4th cycle and it’s just too much wasted time and money. I’m definitely not the person to put all my eggs in one basket so luckily I’m at least currently waitlisted elsewhere at the moment. Best of luck to everyone! 

• Like 1

One thing I thought about, in their email they said they’ve decided the January 2023 cohort. However, they’re still interviewing at least 30 more people. It’s seems kind of wrong/unfair to those applicants to be interviewed AFTER the cohorts already decided, no? Id want to know if that were me, because you’re no longer interviewing for an empty seat, you’re interviewing to be placed on a waitlist in hopes an already accepted students gives up their seat. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, bevinamezcua said:

I don't believe the class is full (yet). I know the wording is weird in the email, but I believe they just mean that they have selected the candidates the are 100% placed in the 2023 cohort, and are leaving spots open for the remaining interviews and possibly those on the waitlist. Good luck, I am hopeful we will get pulled off!

My email stated that there were no more seats open in the cohort at all. Seems odd to have seats already promised to someone who hasn't interviewed. 

Edited by literalscreaming

17 minutes ago, Reej22 said:

I don’t know where I went wrong. 
4.0 gpa overall with science heavy semesters

medical assistant to on orthopedic spine surgeon 

2000 plus volunteer hours 

500 plus shadowing 

where can I improve? If anyone has any advice 

Perhaps you didn't interview well? I also look great on paper, but know I only did okayish on one of my interviews. Also, they had us write an impromptu essay, so maybe ours weren't as good as the others'?

45 minutes ago, Axr1982 said:

Be more woke or more of a minority with less money.

How can they determine you are not "woke?" Did they ask you specific questions during the interview process? 

I ask this because a friend of mine interviewed with the program. She is a very underserved minority, non-traditional, and on public assistance. Hence, the reasons why she applied to the program. She did not receive an acceptance. Thought she interviewed wrong. I told her if they really like a candidate, and they have what the program is vetting for, interview skills trumps all. Confused, she is.  

I'm a student (not at this program). Our interviews were grueling... I bombed. But I got in because they looked over my interview skillset and committed to their mission statement when choosing. 

Maybe this program should lessen the interview slots to pick quality candidates. I'm not saying those who are picked are NOT qualified, I'm sure most of them are! HOWEVER, oftentimes, too many interviews can saturate the admissions process. 

Edited by reapproachPA

49 minutes ago, Reej22 said:

I don’t know where I went wrong. 
4.0 gpa overall with science heavy semesters

medical assistant to on orthopedic spine surgeon 

2000 plus volunteer hours 

500 plus shadowing 

where can I improve? If anyone has any advice 

Maybe I am wrong, but you don't need to improve. That's great.

Did you apply to any other programs?

1 hour ago, Axr1982 said:

Be more woke or more of a minority with less money.

That was kinda outta pocket, I don't think being more woke or more of a poor minority will help...I'm sorry you also got waitlisted and wish you the best of luck, but be careful posting sarcastic comments online, they may come around to bite you in the ass

• Like 3