2022-2023 Application Cycle

Hi there future PAs! So I got this response from Emory in early June stating:The review concluded without a final decision with regard to your application.  This places you in the “remain in consideration” status with the Committee. This is not a “rejection”.  Your application will remain in consideration until the end of our interview season in November 2022.

Has anyone heard anything similar or heard any follow ups? 

:,)

23 hours ago, PAclass2025 said:

Hi there future PAs! So I got this response from Emory in early June stating:The review concluded without a final decision with regard to your application.  This places you in the “remain in consideration” status with the Committee. This is not a “rejection”.  Your application will remain in consideration until the end of our interview season in November 2022.

Has anyone heard anything similar or heard any follow ups? 

:,)

I received the same email. Haven’t heard any follow ups yet. 

Hi everyone. Excuse my ignorance, I just finally got on this website. 

I applied to Emory (08/05) as reach school and two weeks after applying was asked to interview September 28th. After reading through the forum I am either extremely excited or a little scared. I know most of you applied over the summer and received interviews Oct/Nov. Since I applied later and received a interview sooner than most is that a good thing or bad thing? I keep wanting to say might be a good thing or maybe they just want to stock up on the waitlist before the real smart people get interviewed. I know everyone is saying they don't make decisions till after thanksgiving, but is that true for September interviews? Two months of waiting will probably put me in the mad house. 

Edited by deerejerkey

21 minutes ago, deerejerkey said:

I applied to Emory (08/05) as reach school and two weeks after applying was asked to interview September 28th. After reading through the forum I am either extremely excited or a little scared. I know most of you applied over the summer and received interviews Oct/Nov. Since I applied later and received a interview sooner than most is that a good thing or bad thing? lol I keep wanting to say might be a good thing or maybe they just want to stock up on the waitlist before the real smart people get interviewed. I know everyone is saying they don't make decisions till after thanksgiving, but is that true for September interviews? Two months of waiting will probably put me in the mad house. lol

I don't think anyone can give you the DL on what an early or late interview means. Competitive candidates interview at all sessions; this is Emory. This would be from the first interview to the very last. The benefit of the later ones was waiting 2.5 weeks for a decision. However, waiting is the name of the game for graduate medical admissions.

Edited by TeddyRucpin
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, deerejerkey said:

I applied to Emory (08/05) as reach school and two weeks after applying was asked to interview September 28th. After reading through the forum I am either extremely excited or a little scared. I know most of you applied over the summer and received interviews Oct/Nov. Since I applied later and received a interview sooner than most is that a good thing or bad thing? I keep wanting to say might be a good thing or maybe they just want to stock up on the waitlist before the real smart people get interviewed. I know everyone is saying they don't make decisions till after thanksgiving, but is that true for September interviews? Two months of waiting will probably put me in the mad house. 

It could be for any reason. There could have been interview spots that opened if someone withdrew. Take the invite as a good thing and crush it. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, deerejerkey said:

Emory PA student here! They likely opened more interview slots that start back at the beginning of the interview calendar/period. Don't panic! An interview is an amazing sign, don't overthink it 🙂

Edited by Megalodon

On 8/23/2022 at 7:46 PM, hellopaschool1234 said:

Got my interview today and I also applied 14 days ago. 

On 8/30/2022 at 4:06 PM, deerejerkey said:

I applied back in May and got the "waiting pool" email and haven't heard more. I'm just curious what everyone's grades/PCE/GRE scores are like. Would y'all mind sharing? 

22 minutes ago, NosepickerMD said:

Applied in mid July, still waiting to hear back.

One of my LORs is by Fulton County’s chief clinical officer who is also an Emory school of med faculty. He has been busy as shit with MPox breaking out and my LOR didn’t get in till august 30th.

I’ve been to 3 tours/open houses. Met Allan, connected with current students. I have great GRE scores, over 4000 hours of PCE in the same metro area that Emory serves, and I wrote my Emory essay specifically to Allan, trying to stand out by being more conversational.

Still haven’t heard back. I guess no news is good news for now, wondering if the late LOR is gonna screw me though (I had enough LORs to verify when I applied). 

my other LORs are from the heads of the chemistry department and biology department from my undergrad alma mater, a PA and an RN that I’ve worked with.

I am an americorps alum, former wildland firefighter, and have pretty solid grades. I work exclusively in underserved communities and just launched Georgia’s first publicly funded drug user health program.

This is also my second time applying, I figured I’d be a pretty competitive applicant for Atlanta schools this time around and am really starting to panic that I haven’t heard anything yet. I do have an arrest record (misdemeanor I have not been convicted of) and address it in my essays. I am also a former dropout and wondering if my academic record from 10 years ago is screwing me.

Sorry for the rant but I’m just caught in that application anxiety rn, especially seeing so many others get interviews. Am I fucked or should I be hopeful?

The application process is strange yet highly competitive. I wouldn’t bank on anything from personal experience going through the process. I had some awesome connections from a university where I worked/trained/received LORs from faculty/studied at and I didn’t get a look. Flat out rejection. 

See what happens. It’s barely into September I do think the program does a good job with bringing in people from highly different backgrounds, which is contrary to most PA schools these days.  

Edited by TeddyRucpin

16 minutes ago, NosepickerMD said:

Hey Teddy! Thank you for replying and helping calm my nerves. Definitely getting that neurotic anxiety from seeing folks who applied at the same time or later than me getting interviews.

I remember during the open house the statistic was more or less that 1/3 of applicants were interviewed and then about 1/4 or 1/5 of those were accepted. I definitely know that if I get an interview I can crush it. Emory is definitely my reach school but it’s my number one for a reason.

No problem. It was a reach for me too and I applied a little bit later than you. The MMI is a great experience compared to traditional interviews too. 

58 minutes ago, NosepickerMD said:

Welp got an email today saying my application was incomplete because I hadn’t submitted the supplemental fee. I had submitted it and I even emailed the confirmation to an admissions officer the same day I paid the fee well over a month ago. 

I can’t help but feel a little pissed off and that I am now at a disadvantage having my application reviewed so late in the cycle with fewer spots and fewer interviews left available. Please somebody help me not cry at my cubicle at work

It's going to be okay. From what it sounds like you have a great and strong application. Maybe now that everything is complete you will hear something from Emory soon!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, FuturPAS said:

Has anyone been to the in person tour with Allan? If so, what was your experience and what is the dress code? Thanks.

I did it in the summer; it was HOT. I wore shorts. It was a great experience; Allan is the best of the best.

It's still mid 80's in the day with some days still above 90 in Atlanta. Summer lasts a long time here.

• Like 1