2022-2023 Application Cycle

59 minutes ago, PApowder said:

Thank you! And congratulations on even making it to the waitlist! I would have been so elated to be on the waitlist. I hope you get in.

Thank you so much ♥️ I was a little bummed since getting accepted from spot 42 feels unattainable but I should be grateful! Good luck to you, I am sure you will do amazing wherever you end up!

17 hours ago, sunshinestate said:

Thank you so much ♥️ I was a little bummed since getting accepted from spot 42 feels unattainable but I should be grateful! Good luck to you, I am sure you will do amazing wherever you end up!

Last year they took 50 or so off the waitlist from what I’ve heard so 42 seems hopeful!!!! Good luck! 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, kfwieder said:

Last year they took 50 or so off the waitlist from what I’ve heard so 42 seems hopeful!!!! Good luck! 

I am in the 40s too but my thing is that I don’t want to wait until June to get off. Most people will cancel after they sent financial package. But at this time it will be chaos trying to get settle. Hopefully they move fast.

3 hours ago, FuturPAS said:

I am in the 40s too but my thing is that I don’t want to wait until June to get off. Most people will cancel after they sent financial package. But at this time it will be chaos trying to get settle. Hopefully they move fast.

I feel the exact same way! Really hoping the list moves fast because another program I was waitlisted for starts in May. I'd hate to commit to them and eventually get off the waitlist for Emory and miss my chance. 

Edited by sunshinestate

3 hours ago, sunshinestate said:

Not that I've heard, I talked to #6 on the waitlist today at the tour and he had not yet been taken off. Per Alan, they reached the 40s last year around April 🤞🏼

How was the tour? Did Allan say that all emails were sent out? There are some people who still haven’t heard back at all after interviewing. 

2 hours ago, WOMENINMEDICINE said:

How was the tour? Did Allan say that all emails were sent out? There are some people who still haven’t heard back at all after interviewing. 

Tour was fine! Would've liked to see more of the hospital and sim lab/cadaver lab but it was mostly a general tour of the campus + classroom/lecture hall we would be spending time in. He didn't mention anything about whether all the emails had been sent out. I know it must be very frustrating and exhausting waiting! Hope you get an answer soon. 🙂

Edited by sunshinestate

8 minutes ago, sunshinestate said:

Tour was fine! Would've liked to see more of the hospital and sim lab/cadaver lab but it was mostly a general tour of the campus + classroom/lecture hall we would be spending time in. He didn't mention anything about whether all the emails had been sent out. I know it must be very frustrating and exhausting waiting! Hope you get an answer soon. 🙂

Cadaver lab is a no go; active dissection is year round between MD, DPT, and us. Let me know if you have any questions. 

The hospital is on campus as you probably saw but it’s one of many sites you go for DELP (early clinical experience) and rotations. It would probably be challenging to tour EUH, especially with a group. I can say, it’s the type of place that people are sent to from other hospitals for a higher level/specialty care. Really good place. 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 9:24 AM, SoFloPA said:

Congratulations!!! Did anyone start a groupme for accepted students? I’d love to connect with everyone!!

I would also love to know if there is a group set up for accepted students as well. Also, for those of you who toured the campus, what was your impression? I am really eager to see the school. 

16 hours ago, Dreaming said:

I would also love to know if there is a group set up for accepted students as well. Also, for those of you who toured the campus, what was your impression? I am really eager to see the school. 

I personally loved the campus. It is situated in the city but in a neighborhood so it does not feel chaotic. It also had much more of a "small campus" feel while still being very historic and beautiful. I thought it was a great mixture! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kfwieder said:

I personally loved the campus. It is situated in the city but in a neighborhood so it does not feel chaotic. It also had much more of a "small campus" feel while still being very historic and beautiful. I thought it was a great mixture! 

Thank you so much! This is great news. 

23 hours ago, Dreaming said:

The campus is amazing. While the zip code may say Atlanta, this is the suburbs. It’s not the city; you’ll see sky scrapers in the distance. The CDC is next door. Emory University Hospital is on the campus and the children’s hospital is across the street. You’ll have access to all the facilities; a number of us use the gym regularly, for example  

Classes are split between the School of Medicine (SOM) and the 1462 building. SOM is where we have OSCE suites for physical assessment, cadaver dissection, and a big lecture hall. The other building we have a designated classroom. Labs can take place at both locations but mainly SOM. Both have a variety of places to study. Lots of libraries too. 

Cadaver lab has 24/7 access with your ID card. You’ll be there, a lot. 

Contact me with any questions. 

Edited by TeddyRucpin

4 hours ago, ChelsfuturePA said:

Hey yall!!!! 

The waitlist is moving!!!! I just got my acceptance letter & I was ranked #3!!! 

Hang in there!!!! IT’S MOVING!!! 😁

You are an amazing human! Thank you for updating us. I too am on the waitlist so I’m patiently waiting! Fingers crossed the list keeps moving. 

• Upvote 1