2022-2023 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SSPrePA said:

Accepted off the waitlist!!!! I'm ecstatic and have much thinking and planning to do.

The alternate list has solidly moved into the teens!

Ahhh so exciting! Congrats! Do you mind sharing your exact spot on the waitlist? Wondering how many more spots are open. I was accepted to a program starting in May so getting really antsy about hearing back from Emory with the later start date!

19 hours ago, sunshinestate said:

Ahhh so exciting! Congrats! Do you mind sharing your exact spot on the waitlist? Wondering how many more spots are open. I was accepted to a program starting in May so getting really antsy about hearing back from Emory with the later start date!

Didn’t feel comfortable putting my exact rank in public thread but sent private message. Thinking good thoughts for everybody to get to their program!

Hi everyone! I hope you’re having a great day. I checked this forum and it seems like there isn’t a group already made for the entering class. I went ahead and made a group chat on Facebook for the entering class of the recently accepted students. DM me so I can send you the link if you were accepted. I’m looking forward to meeting you all. 

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, nicaraguanpa said:

Hi! For anyone that has gotten an interview here. How long was your essay for the supplemental? Also, for the leadership part of it, did you just repeat what you put in CASPA?

Hi, interviewed, accepted, and ready to attend (I need to change my username)! Happy to answer these kinds of questions. Looking over it again my Emory supplemental essay was very similar length to my personal statement (4990 characters, 799 words). I did not repeat anything in the essays. But for the leadership and awards sections of the supplemental I did just copy and paste my CASPA descriptions.

Good luck. It's a nerve-wracking process, but Emory made it feel very smooth. Part of what made the decision to say yes to them so easy. Don't be afraid to pick up the phone and ask them clarifying questions and feel free to DM me. I'll help if I can.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me. Emory is my number one school and I know that we are perfect for each other hahaha. I have the same goals as the school and want to work with the same population they already work with. So I want to make a very good impression with them. Mine is currently 2 paragraphs, because I didn’t want to give them more words to read, but maybe I should to show them why I love their school so much. 

• 2 weeks later...