2022-2023 Application Cycle

-Received the rejection email this morning. The best to those accepted!

-For those of you in limbo and/or receiving rejections, keep your heads up. And most importantly, I implore you to NEVER EVER GIVE UP. In full candor, this has been 15 years in the making for me, I did receive interview invitations to other program, and I am STILL in shock because I did NOT expect ANY interview invitations whatsoever. It will happen for you, so keep it going because I want it for you too. ✊

-For those of you ANXIOUS (or anyone needing a phenomenal tool to calm the mind):
From Dr. Andrew Human's podcast (Huberman Lab) -

This science-based behavioral tool and many other tools which I gleaned from his podcast have been invaluable for me in my journey. May this and his other lessons serve you well! 

1 hour ago, Supersillywill said:

-Received the rejection email this morning. The best to those accepted!

-For those of you in limbo and/or receiving rejections, keep your heads up. And most importantly, I implore you to NEVER EVER GIVE UP. In full candor, this has been 15 years in the making for me, I did receive interview invitations to other program, and I am STILL in shock because I did NOT expect ANY interview invitations whatsoever. It will happen for you, so keep it going because I want it for you too. ✊

-For those of you ANXIOUS (or anyone needing a phenomenal tool to calm the mind):
From Dr. Andrew Human's podcast (Huberman Lab) -

This science-based behavioral tool and many other tools which I gleaned from his podcast have been invaluable for me in my journey. May this and his other lessons serve you well! 

Sorry to hear that. Good luck to you and your journey to getting into a program. Was this post interview or did you receive a rejection with no interview?

Hi friends! I am a current first year PA student at Emory. We found out that we were waitlisted or accepted on November 22 last year. I personally was alternate listed at spot 14 (it will tell you what spot you are in the email) and got my official acceptance on December 13. The alternate list is heavily used. They took over 50 people off of it this previous cycle. Take care of yourselves, and know that this anxiety won’t last for long! Wishing you all the best and hopefully will meet some of you soon.

Edited by Megalodon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Megalodon said:

Hi friends! I am a current first year PA student at Emory. We found out that we were waitlisted or accepted on November 22 last year. I personally was alternate listed at spot 14 (it will tell you what spot you are in the email) and got my official acceptance on December 13. The alternate list is heavily used. They took over 50 people off of it this previous cycle. Take care of yourselves, and know that this anxiety won’t last for long! Wishing you all the best and hopefully will meet some of you soon.

Thanks for letting us know. It’s agony to wait 😔. I’m so anxious waiting to hear back as this is my top choice program. I keep checking my email, I need to keep my mind occupied on something else 😅

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, kdreamz88 said:

Thanks for letting us know. It’s agony to wait 😔. I’m so anxious waiting to hear back as this is my top choice program. I keep checking my email, I need to keep my mind occupied on something else 😅

I felt the same way. Do something with friends or family, go on a hike, do something that you really enjoy instead, it’ll really help with the stress. I wish that someone told me to do that when I was waiting for my email!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Megalodon said:

I felt the same way. Do something with friends or family, go on a hike, do something that you really enjoy instead, it’ll really help with the stress. I wish that someone told me to do that when I was waiting for my email!

Yes, thanks for this. Honestly, keeping myself distracted with hobbies and being around family will calm my nerves. I appreciate this so much. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kdreamz88 said:

You're not alone! I've been anxiously waiting decisions since the interview. My boyfriend has had to put up with my obsessive thinking since then 😂. Glad there are others out there in the same boat! This too shall pass and we will all end up where we need to be. 🙂

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Megalodon said:

This might be a dumb question because I’m overthinking everything🥲 but is alternate listed the same as waitlisted?

2 hours ago, sunshinestate said:

You're not alone! I've been anxiously waiting decisions since the interview. My boyfriend has had to put up with my obsessive thinking since then 😂. Glad there are others out there in the same boat! This too shall pass and we will all end up where we need to be. 🙂

We definitely are on the same boat lol 😂 my whole family has to put up with my obsessive thinking since I got the interview invite 😅 here’s to us getting accepted. Good luck to you all. 🤞🏾🍀

• Like 1

On 11/16/2022 at 12:01 PM, Megalodon said:

Thanks so much ❤️