2022-2023 Application Cycle

19 minutes ago, amallory said:

Hey everyone! Congrats on getting interviews! I'm submitting today now that my class is finally done! I was wondering if over a page is too long for the essay? Mine is about a paragraph into the second page, should I try to condense? I just want to know before I submit! Thanks! 🙂

Mine was about 4 pages and I got an interview so you’re fine honestly. For those of you who think you need 4 pages, it’s not true. Just write what you feel that shows them who you really are. Some people can get their story across in one page while others like me need more. You got this good luck!

1 hour ago, prepafl said:

hey everyone! happy monday. i received my interview date for 9/23 this past friday, 6/10. 🙂 

I am scheduled for October 3rd! Did you receive confirmation from Kaye yet? I sent my headshot and driver's license late Friday due to being out of town, and haven't heard back yet. Good luck!!!

47 minutes ago, bevinamezcua said:

I am scheduled for October 3rd! Did you receive confirmation from Kaye yet? I sent my headshot and driver's license late Friday due to being out of town, and haven't heard back yet. Good luck!!!

i haven't done it if i'm honest, taking the headshot at some point this week. best of luck to you! 

• Like 1

I was verified 6/3, received my confirmation from Emory 6/8, and was rejected 6/10/22. I’m a low GPA applicant and a first time applicant so, while I was crushed, I know this is part of the process.

Good luck everyone! Remember, if you haven’t heard anything yet, that is a good sign!

6 hours ago, absurdlyafraid said:

Hey guys! I just had a quick question- do you guys think they read our CASPA personal statement and the narrative on the supplemental? Thanks!

Yes I believe they definitely do! The open house indicates that the Emory narrative is an important part of the application. Good luck!

Hi all,

I have worked as a CNA at 3 different locations over the last 3 years. I changed jobs all for legitimate reasons (i.e. needing to find a full-time position that wasn't available at my current job, changing from outpatient to critical care, etc.) ANYWAYS, should I list these jobs separately or combine them into one? The problem is, if I list them separately I feel my descriptions will be almost exactly the same and become very boring. How should I list these jobs and describe my experiences?

10 hours ago, lenn19 said:

Hi all,

I have worked as a CNA at 3 different locations over the last 3 years. I changed jobs all for legitimate reasons (i.e. needing to find a full-time position that wasn't available at my current job, changing from outpatient to critical care, etc.) ANYWAYS, should I list these jobs separately or combine them into one? The problem is, if I list them separately I feel my descriptions will be almost exactly the same and become very boring. How should I list these jobs and describe my experiences?

Yes I would list them all separately! Maybe include what you witnessed in outpatient vs critical care that helped prepare you to be a PA. Good luck!!

I received this email from Emory on 6/21 and already paid the supplemental fee before submitting my application through CASPA. Am I supposed to receive a an “application complete” from them after this.

I also put my GRE scores in CASPA, but did not send them to EMORY since it’s not required so I’m not sure if this is the reason it’s not complete yet.

I sent an email to confirm if they have everything they need and hopefully I can get my application under review. 

D9E5265C-BDA4-4B77-99FD-0161C2C9D8DB.png

Edited by kdreamz88

For those of you who have received an interview invite, after replying to the email with the necessary ID/photos, did you receive an email response confirming that they have received it? I emailed them back on June 16, but I haven't gotten a response since, and I'm curious whether they further confirm our interview date and time.

8 hours ago, jprepa7 said:

For those of you who have received an interview invite, after replying to the email with the necessary ID/photos, did you receive an email response confirming that they have received it? I emailed them back on June 16, but I haven't gotten a response since, and I'm curious whether they further confirm our interview date and time.

I received one. My friend did not.