2022-2023 Application Cycle

4 minutes ago, deerejerkey said:

Hi everyone!

Question for those that have interviewed or have any idea about it. I'm a little confused. They said there's a writing portion for the interview, but they didn't say what it was about. Does anybody have any clue what they want you to write about? 

That kind of stuff is usually given during the interview day itself. It’s not something you prep or plan for beforehand.

24 minutes ago, deerejerkey said:

Hi everyone!

Question for those that have interviewed or have any idea about it. I'm a little confused. They said there's a writing portion for the interview, but they didn't say what it was about. Does anybody have any clue what they want you to write about? 

I just had my interview today. I’m sure we can’t talk about what the prompt is since we just interviewed. They give you a 25 minute timer to write about the prompt they give you. It’s really chill so don’t stress too much about it. 

• Like 3

Hi everyone! I submitted my application in early August (8/07). I haven't gotten any updates from Emory, positive or negative. I was reading through some of the posts on here, and it looks like some of you all heard back in two weeks. Has anyone experienced this as well - similar timeline and still waiting to hear? I don't know whether to be worried or not, but the suspense is killing me either way!

On 9/30/2022 at 4:18 PM, AS6395 said:

Hi everyone! I submitted my application in early August (8/07). I haven't gotten any updates from Emory, positive or negative. I was reading through some of the posts on here, and it looks like some of you all heard back in two weeks. Has anyone experienced this as well - similar timeline and still waiting to hear? I don't know whether to be worried or not, but the suspense is killing me either way!

Hello there! I'm on the same boat, submitted my application mid-August and have not heard anything other than the email stating it take 7-14 business days to process my application. I am debating whether or not to email them, but I may wait til the end of this week before I send an email out to them. Best of luck! 

On 9/30/2022 at 7:18 PM, AS6395 said:

I will say I submitted mine pretty early, 6/1 and heard back in not too soon after that I got an interview in Oct. They let me know way in advance but I know they are still conducting interviews throughout Oct and decisions will come out Nov. I heard that on their website they encourage people to apply early. 

8 minutes ago, kfwieder said:

Is anyone going on the tour this Sunday? Trying to figure out what is appropriate to wear because I know it is more chill and will have a lot of walking, not a formal event, but also want to make a good impression! Anyone else thought about this? 

I’m going on Sunday too! I’m wearing business casual. Allan said since we’re walking around to be comfortable. He’s super chill. No need to wear a suit or anything like that. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/16/2022 at 9:54 AM, FuturPAS said:

Has anyone been to the in person tour with Allan? If so, what was your experience and what is the dress code? Thanks.

I am going to one in October, and I did my interview just recently. He said to dress casual and wear comfy shoes. But Allan is amazing, I know I am going to enjoy this interview! I absolutely adore him!

32 minutes ago, Jsolonar said:

Has anyone received an acceptance yet? 

We were told that we would hear if we got an acceptance in early November after they have finished interviewing all the candidates. Maybe some have gotten it if they are dual degree, but I’m not sure.

Edited by kdreamz88

17 hours ago, app2223 said:

What was the MMI experience like? Obviously don't give me the questions they asked but i'm more curious about the stress of it. I've never done an MMI before

It's a great experience. I am not sure if one can prepare. However, it lets you think on the spot, which I think, is good for applicants. This avoids canned answers too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeddyRucpin said:

It's a great experience. I am not sure if one can prepare. However, it lets you think on the spot, which I think, is good for applicants. This avoids canned answers too.

I just finished mine and 100% agree with the preparing part. I didn't even really prepare but could rely on a few stories from work. It helped decrease the stress of knowing I can't really prepare for it though

On 10/16/2022 at 7:53 PM, app2223 said:

What was the MMI experience like? Obviously don't give me the questions they asked but i'm more curious about the stress of it. I've never done an MMI before

I personally enjoyed the MMI format of the interview. I wouldn’t say that you can truly prepare for it, but it you are able to still practice to keep within the time limit and articulate your words in a cohesive manner than that would be good as well. I recommend using BeMo MMI questions to practice as  they have about 200 questions that you can practice or use as a baseline. Perhaps this will help lesson the stress and anxiety that may arise during the interview. Get more comfortable speaking in a virtual setting and recall your experiences because you most likely will be using them as examples during your interview. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kdreamz88 said:

Is it just me or is anyone else happy and excited it’s finally November! 😊 I’m praying for an acceptance in the following weeks because I absolutely love this program and it’s my top choice. Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone still interviewing 🙏🏾💕🙌🏾

Same!!! It’s acceptance month!! 🤗🤗 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1