2022-2023 Application Cycle

On 8/7/2022 at 5:02 PM, MorganWoodruff said:

Hey guys! 
I got an email 7/13 saying my application was in the review process, which would take 7-14 days. I still haven’t received anything back from them, not in junk either. Should I reach out? Or is no new good news?

I'm hoping to hear something soon as well. I'm just at the 7th-day mark. 

Morgan, Could you keep us posted if you hear anything? 

Good luck!

Edited by Favre34
Added more information.

11 minutes ago, Megalodon said:

Hi guys! I am currently in Emory‘s class of 2024, we just started 2 weeks ago. I was in this forum a year ago and if you guys have any questions you can reply to this thread. Hopefully I can help you guys out with any anxieties you have with application process and/or interview! 

Hello Megalodon,
I submitted my application on July 30th and received a confirmation email of everything on August 3rd. In your experience, how long does it usually take to get a response about an interview request? As I know, around this time is the busy season. In addition, I know the email states it takes 7-14 business days. 

Thank you in advance. 

1 hour ago, Favre34 said:

Hello Megalodon,
I submitted my application on July 30th and received a confirmation email of everything on August 3rd. In your experience, how long does it usually take to get a response about an interview request? As I know, around this time is the busy season. In addition, I know the email states it takes 7-14 business days. 

Thank you in advance. 

I submitted my application on May 1 and did not hear back until May 19. I would give them a little bit more than two weeks, just know they are working on thousands of applications. As long as it is confirmed that it went through, you are good for right now. Best of luck! 

2 hours ago, Megalodon said:

Hi guys! I am currently in Emory‘s class of 2024, we just started 2 weeks ago. I was in this forum a year ago and if you guys have any questions you can reply to this thread. Hopefully I can help you guys out with any anxieties you have with application process and/or interview! 

Hi I just sent you a PM! Could use some help now that I have the interview invite.

11 minutes ago, Megalodon said:

I submitted my application on May 1 and did not hear back until May 19. I would give them a little bit more than two weeks, just know they are working on thousands of applications. As long as it is confirmed that it went through, you are good for right now. Best of luck! 

Thanks for the feedback!

3 hours ago, Megalodon said:

Hey there 🙂 thanks for posting in here! Do you have any big tips for the interview? Also do you know if we can just casually visit campus for a tour? Or is there someone you know that might be able to facilitate a tour. My interview is virtual but I would love to at least come down and check out the campus and city. 

3 hours ago, Megalodon said:

Can you give us a general idea of the interview day? Like format and tip for success. Thank you.

2 hours ago, zae3499 said:

Hey there 🙂 thanks for posting in here! Do you have any big tips for the interview? Also do you know if we can just casually visit campus for a tour? Or is there someone you know that might be able to facilitate a tour. My interview is virtual but I would love to at least come down and check out the campus and city. 

Hello! Someone else asked for interview tips so I will post that in my next reply! As far as tours, I emailed our director and here is an email from him. 

"I will host a  1 – 2 hour Emory campus tour for interview candidates starting at the Emory Bookstore Starbucks lobby Sundays 2 – 3:30  on 10/9, 10/23 and 11/27

Guests are welcome. Sign up at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q_KiZJUxADnYk8jwROz-o_Xt-Dw1pmpOrWBG2eEENTw/edit?usp=sharing

Free parking behind the bookstore at Oxford Road Parking Deck
1390 Oxford Road NE, Atlanta 30307 https://transportation.emory.edu/visitor-parking "

I know these slots are after most interview dates, but decisions don't come until after Thanksgiving, and even longer if you're on the waitlist. Definitely go if you can and show your interest :) 

2 hours ago, FuturPAS said:

Can you give us a general idea of the interview day? Like format and tip for success. Thank you.

Interview is MMI style (Multiple mini interviews). You will talk to multiple people for around 5 minutes and they each will ask you different questions. I used a book called "How to ace your PA interview" I will link it. It helped me so much in preparing for common questions asked during PA interviews. But ultimately, show your passion for the career, be yourself, and stay humble.

Link for the book: https://www.amazon.com/How-Physician-Assistant-School-Interview/dp/1724839853/ref=asc_df_1724839853/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312446862670&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6192513948122149332&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9010926&hvtargid=pla-569966492864&psc=1

• Like 1

On 5/12/2022 at 11:31 PM, bevinamezcua said:

Both years mine was slightly long. About a page both years!

Did you happen to have any formatting issues when submitting your Emory specific essay? Mine is also about a page long but when coping my essay into the Emory provided word document I am not able to add any spaces in between paragraphs. Instead it just copies as just one long paragraph instead of 4 to 5 smaller paragraphs which is how I typed it up. Did you have this issue? And if so how did you fix it, or did you just post yours that way? 

11 hours ago, Keyes14 said:

Just curious, I am about to submit my application but my supplemental essay is roughly 600 words and 3700 characters with spaces. Is anyones essay this long or more concise than that? Also does Emory have a secondary fee besides the initial CAPSA fee? 

My supplemental was about 4 pages long. If 1 page explains your story then do it! Some people have to take more pages to get their point across while other can do the same in 1 page. You will be fine. Good luck! 

11 hours ago, Keyes14 said:

Did you happen to have any formatting issues when submitting your Emory specific essay? Mine is also about a page long but when coping my essay into the Emory provided word document I am not able to add any spaces in between paragraphs. Instead it just copies as just one long paragraph instead of 4 to 5 smaller paragraphs which is how I typed it up. Did you have this issue? And if so how did you fix it, or did you just post yours that way? 

I don't remember having this issue, I'm sorry! I did type mine directly into the word document though. I remember thinking the formatting looked weird, but it all looked fine once it was uploaded to Caspa. I wouldn't stress it, and good luck!