NHSC Scholarship 2022-2023

5 minutes ago, eventuallyPA said:

Same here 😞 i wonder if maybe they're going alphabetically by names or schools to notify people 🤔

I don't think there's a rhyme or reason to it, honestly. I'm the only one in my program who has received a countersignature so far, but I'm surrounded by phenomenal applicants and am convinced they'll receive theirs soon. I'm sure you will too!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ChristianPrePA said:

Co-signed! (I believe lol)

It says: "Signature: Electronically signed by Jamie King
Role: OFAM Approver, HRSA
Date: Sep 2, 2022 1:07:45 PM"

Is this what everyone else got who had a co-signature?

It doesn't say anything in my portal, just on the contract document. Stay hopeful everyone!

yup i got the same thing and somewhere else it mentioned James King i believe

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChristianPrePA said:

Co-signed! (I believe lol)

It says: "Signature: Electronically signed by Jamie King
Role: OFAM Approver, HRSA
Date: Sep 2, 2022 1:07:45 PM"

Is this what everyone else got who had a co-signature?

It doesn't say anything in my portal, just on the contract document. Stay hopeful everyone!

Congratulations, that is it! You should get an email in the coming days with a subject something like 'you have a message from the BHW in your portal' with your 'offical' congrats message and instructions on moving from the applicant to the participant portal.👍

• Like 1

I got the countersign today; however, I did not receive the summer EVF form to fill out, and I did request funding for the summer. I wonder why! Am super excited about the countersignature, so no complaints. Just worried they may take it away or that it is not my actual sign I got it when there is still paper work to be filled out haha

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rayrachel53 said:

I got the countersign today; however, I did not receive the summer EVF form to fill out, and I did request funding for the summer. I wonder why! Am super excited about the countersignature, so no complaints. Just worried they may take it away or that it is not my actual sign I got it when there is still paper work to be filled out haha

I never filled out the summer EVF form either, I don't think there's multiple EVF forms because it's already noted on our regular EVF. The NHSC will just request a invoice from your program for the summer and fall now, I believe.

• Thanks 1

So I have yet to receive a finalist notification. My application still says “under review.” I called and they said they send out finalist notifications up until late September. I am trying not to lose hope… but not going to lie… I’m losing hope. It seems everyone in my class has become a finalist except for me. Just came here to vent

27 minutes ago, Pagozm said:

So I have yet to receive a finalist notification. My application still says “under review.” I called and they said they send out finalist notifications up until late September. I am trying not to lose hope… but not going to lie… I’m losing hope. It seems everyone in my class has become a finalist except for me. Just came here to vent

I'm in exactly the same boat pretty much. One of my classmates heard back the very first day... I still haven't heard anything. 2 of my other classmates also hadn't heard anything before we went on a break between semesters (starting back up tomorrow). Also losing hope/getting pretty discouraged since I haven't heard from anyone on this forum or the Student Doctor one getting new notification of finalist status in weeks.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Chispa said:

I'm in exactly the same boat pretty much. One of my classmates heard back the very first day... I still haven't heard anything. 2 of my other classmates also hadn't heard anything before we went on a break between semesters (starting back up tomorrow). Also losing hope/getting pretty discouraged since I haven't heard from anyone on this forum or the Student Doctor one getting new notification of finalist status in weeks.

im sorry you guys 😞 I know it's so hard waiting but I hope it gives you some hope knowing that when I went through a forum frim a past cycle... someone found out Sept 27th. It's such a hard thing to wait when it's so silent on their end but please keep faith!! Sending love ❤️ 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Chispa said:

Hoping for the both of us that this isn’t the end. Things have been silent, but I’ve started to think that maybe we’re on some “waitlist” of sorts. Makes me feel better lol 🥲

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JoannHegbe said:

im sorry you guys 😞 I know it's so hard waiting but I hope it gives you some hope knowing that when I went through a forum frim a past cycle... someone found out Sept 27th. It's such a hard thing to wait when it's so silent on their end but please keep faith!! Sending love ❤️ 

Thank you for your kind words! I’ve heard from an older classmate they didn’t hear anything until days before. I’ll keep being patient until they officially reject. And I’ll stay hopeful! 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Pagozm said:

Thank you for your kind words! I’ve heard from an older classmate they didn’t hear anything until days before. I’ll keep being patient until they officially reject. And I’ll stay hopeful! 

Also, if you don't get it, you can apply next year if you're still in school. And if you never get the scholarship, you can get a job in a HPSA and apply for the loan repayment program which awards like $50k/yr. 

• Like 1