NHSC Scholarship 2022-2023

3 minutes ago, ali21 said:

even if we did have an employer? I quit my last job a few weeks ago in preparation for PA school, i wouldn't enter that information?

No, they're not a current employer. This W-4 form is for NHSC, since we're receiving taxable income from them in the form of a monthly stipend.

9 minutes ago, TinaH said:

I don't think it's a big enough mistake to warrant concern. I think they mainly wanted the W-4 for our full name, permanent address, and SSN. As long as you filled out that correctly, I think it should be fine.

Ah okay phew!! I think I was just all too excited to get it filled out and submitted lol.

1 minute ago, ali21 said:

Also, what do we put down for Discipline and Specialty for Program information. I'm thinking Discipline is where we write Physician Assistant but not totally sure, and I feel like Specialty is something for med school students 

I called to ask about that and they said to just put "primary care" since that will cover pretty much every specialty we can work under the scholarship!

• Like 1

I wonder how soon they'll send out another round of finalists (if they're going to)? I spoke with students in the cohort above from my school who got it last year, & they didn't hear all at once, there was a few days in between.

Congrats to all of you who've heard about finalist status! I'm still playing the waiting game, but trying to stay hopeful.

33 minutes ago, Kbelle25 said:

I called to ask about that and they said to just put "primary care" since that will cover pretty much every specialty we can work under the scholarship!

I was told to put "N/A" for specialty because specialty mostly relates to doctors and NPs who do have to choose a specialty during their academic program. But I don't think it matters as much as the other text fields on the form 🙂

4 hours ago, Lux1010 said:

Cue beginning to check for that countersignature now - I feel we're all pretty good at waiting, but personally my growth in patience is nowhere to be seen 🤦‍♂️ haha

For anyone curious, as an FYI: - it seems that, from previous years' timelines, that if you're a finalist it could take anywhere from a month until the end of September to receive a countersignature on your contract.

Best wishes to you all!

So if it takes a month to get a countersignature. Do finalist still have to get loans to pay for school until the NHSC scholarship kicks in? My payment is due on Aug 24th 😅

2 minutes ago, Isachz said:

So if it takes a month to get a countersignature. Do finalist still have to get loans to pay for school until the NHSC scholarship kicks in? My payment is due on Aug 24th 😅

yes, unfortunately they don't pay out the reward until november anyways so you would have to use loans to cover the first semester. Once the scholarship credits your account though you can turn around and pay the loan right back though!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 8/8/2022 at 9:46 AM, 1C0aT said:

I'm confused about the W-4 form. Is this for the 2021 year or are we supposed to fill out the one they provide? what do we put for income? 

I confused about this too. What part are we supposed to fill out? If I have zero dependents then I just put "0" for everything in section 3 and leave section 4 alone?

5 hours ago, Alondra said:

Hey guys, 

I am trying to fill out the form to confirm my interest in the scholarship, but I keep getting an SSN error. Is this happening to anyone else? 

1 hour ago, AspPAS said:

Maybe try adding dashes like this 000-00-0000

I actually just submitted my form about 2 hours ago and it worked just fine (without the dashes), maybe you accidentally typed it in wrong or there was a network error earlier? 

17 hours ago, Alondra said:

Hey guys, 

I am trying to fill out the form to confirm my interest in the scholarship, but I keep getting an SSN error. Is this happening to anyone else? 

I am having the same issues with my SS. It doesn't really make sense that we entered the wrong Social Security being that they were able to pull our credit report

Hello! I am new to this…so I am sorry if this question has been asked before. I received a finalist email…submitted my documents the next day and signed my portion of the contract. Now my status says “accepted award waiting for final review”.

What does this mean? Did I get the scholarship? Another thing, I don’t think they checked my credit, I didn’t get an alert? This shouldn’t disqualify me since I don’t have any defaulted loans..

Thanks 😊 

20 hours ago, PrePAmommy said:

Hello! I am new to this…so I am sorry if this question has been asked before. I received a finalist email…submitted my documents the next day and signed my portion of the contract. Now my status says “accepted award waiting for final review”.

What does this mean? Did I get the scholarship? Another thing, I don’t think they checked my credit, I didn’t get an alert? This shouldn’t disqualify me since I don’t have any defaulted loans..

Thanks 😊 

I was wondering the same thing! Does this mean we are basically only waiting for their countersignature and we're all set? I mean, we did have to provide our bank acc info so it seems like there wouldn't that much more steps after that!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JessN said:

I was wondering the same thing! Does this mean we are basically only waiting for their countersignature and we're all set? I mean, we did have to provide our bank acc info so it seems like there wouldn't that much more steps after that!

According to the contract, it is binding once it is counter signed. So yes it is final once that happens. Last year this happened Aug 24th. However, we dont actually get payment for tuition/stipend until November.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ibarraom said:

According to the contract, it is binding once it is counter signed. So yes it is final once that happens. Last year this happened Aug 24th. However, we dont actually get payment for tuition/stipend until November.

Does anyone know the likelihood of us getting a counter signature? I know it said this doesn’t guarantee we get the scholarship but also read in the 2021 thread that typically all the finalists get the scholarship. Does anyone know how true this is?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chispa said:

@rachels91 when did you get notified? Was it Monday or another day this week?

I'm still waiting to hear anything and hopeful that they'll still send out more finalist notifications

I was notified on Monday around the same time as everyone else who posted. Have hope though--a few months ago I spoke with a representative from HRSA who told me something along the lines, "don't stress out if you don't hear back when your friends do. they do these things in batches." so based off that statement it's safe to assume they will send out more, but I obviously can't say for sure. I'm rooting for you!

• Like 1

Just wondering, does anyone know how to identify places that are NHSC approved locations? I know they have the one on their site to use to find locations, but wanted to see if anyone else knew if there’s another way to check or look up locations that may not be visible on their site due to current available positions? Just out of curiosity. Thanks in advanced 🙂    

2 minutes ago, EventuallyPA24 said:

Just wondering, does anyone know how to identify places that are NHSC approved locations? I know they have the one on their site to use to find locations, but wanted to see if anyone else knew if there’s another way to check or look up locations that may not be visible on their site due to current available positions? Just out of curiosity. Thanks in advanced 🙂    

Yes! Try this:

connector.hrsa.gov

• Thanks 1

On 8/11/2022 at 2:54 PM, ibarraom said:

Do you know if the tuition coverage is also covering for months prior to this fall semester?

For example, my program started May 2022 but according to my school, that summer semester is part of my first year of school in their program.