NHSC Scholarship 2022-2023

5 hours ago, QuiteContrary said:

Did you have to request that through your finaid or did they do it automatically? 

I gave our student accounts office the info that was given to us when we received the scholarship and they followed that and billed NHSC.  I did not have to do anything else with it, just a lot of waiting.

12 hours ago, Quinn3337 said:

My school account was credited 1/11 for tuition for the summer and fall semesters

Did they take out loans before hand? If so did the payment just go to the loan company or did the school give you the money they received to pay the loans? My school took out loans before the payment for the semesters and my loan account hasn't changed since they took it out so Im not sure how they're planning to go about covering the money they took out before the scholarship went through 😅

So I have not done it yet but I believe the process is NHSC pays/credits your student account for the past tuition.  Whatever loans you took out from your school you can ask to request that amount back as a check and then use that to pay back your loan.  I'm not sure if the school can make that process easier but I will be working on it in the next week

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I am a NHSC Scholar, and I need your help and/or advice. I was awarded back in September 7, 2022, and NHSC has STILL YET to pay a dime of my tuition. I am beyond fed up with them, and it feels like there is nothing i can do. I always get told to put an inquiry on the portal, but that seems to be freaking useless. The people on those lines seem incompetent, and they can never really tell me WHEN my tuition will be paid, or what the hold up is, nor can they give me any contact information either. I was wondering did anyone have any advice on how to find out what is taking them so long to pay my tuition?  It is going on 5 months, and this is a bit ridiculous and unprofessional if you ask me. I was trying to see if I could find Mr. Jamie King's information to see if I could reach him, but I have had no luck. If anyone has any advice on what I can do it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

4 hours ago, MRAMBITION1488 said:

Hi everyone, I am a NHSC Scholar, and I need your help and/or advice. I was awarded back in September 7, 2022, and NHSC has STILL YET to pay a dime of my tuition. I am beyond fed up with them, and it feels like there is nothing i can do. I always get told to put an inquiry on the portal, but that seems to be freaking useless. The people on those lines seem incompetent, and they can never really tell me WHEN my tuition will be paid, or what the hold up is, nor can they give me any contact information either. I was wondering did anyone have any advice on how to find out what is taking them so long to pay my tuition?  It is going on 5 months, and this is a bit ridiculous and unprofessional if you ask me. I was trying to see if I could find Mr. Jamie King's information to see if I could reach him, but I have had no luck. If anyone has any advice on what I can do it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I think a lot of us are in the same boat including myself...

I reached out to them about a month ago and all they told me is that they are in the process of submitting payments but that there is nothing for us to do right now so just to be patient.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2023 at 5:33 PM, MRAMBITION1488 said:

Any updates? Or anyone else still missing their tuition reimbursement? I have not and they have not been good with communication about this.

• 1 month later...

Hello! Congrats to all who were accepted into the NHSC program last year. I am applying for the scholarship this cycle, and I'm a little confused about how the tuition reimbursement process works. I started my program in Jan 2023, so I know that I will not get funding for my first semester of school, however my second semester extends from May 2023-August 2023. Would the scholarship cover the summer semester in its entirety? I called the helpline, but the person who answered wasn't able to provide me with a lot of clarity. If I am able to get reimbursement for that semester, should I take it out entirely in loans? I have a little money saved from a previous job that I was going to put towards tuition, but I don't want to do so if loans are the only way to get reimbursed. Thank you so much for your help! I thought it made sense to hear from those who have actually been through this process.

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, FuturePAAllie3534 said:

Hi! I am still in undergrad but I want to pursue PA school in the future. I am going to be a junior in the Fall 2022. This scholarship looks amazing! When would I apply for this scholarship if I plan to apply to PA school Spring 2025? 

I believe once you are in PA school you can apply! I remember during the process you have to submit proof of in school verification and on their site it says one of the requirements is "Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a full-time student", so once you get an acceptance you can start your application when the cycle opens in April/May! Best of luck on your PA journey! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Has anyone in the S2S program gotten their money yet. We were originally told that it will be deposited around August 1st. That came and went and then I messaged them and then they said mid-August and then I messaged them again and they said I was missing the employment verification form. They did not say where can I find it and it is no where on the portal and they stopped replying to me. My classmate is having the same problem. This is super stressful because interest will start on September 1st and they do not care.

• 6 months later...
Hi all! I was recently accepted to a program and I'm very interested in applying for the NHSC scholarship.

My concern is that they require an academic LOR, but I graduated undergrad more than a handful of years ago, and I’m not sure how many professors would remember me. (And my academic advisor from that school recently retired!) More recently, I've taken prereq courses, but I didn't have any "strong" relationships with those professors as they were one-off night courses for the most part. My PA program starts in August 2024, so I assume that I won't be able to ask them for a letter either 😅

I can't imagine that I'm the only one who has been in this position. I was hoping to get some advice on what others have done? 🙂 Thank you!