NHSC Scholarship 2022-2023

Hey guys, I just wanted to get this thread started since according to last years timeline the applications opened in about a month from now! I know that the 2022-23 application cycle has not happened yet, but does anyone know why online it says that the 2022 application is closed if it hasn't even opened yet? 

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 3.48.13 PM.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, QuiteContrary said:

So I tried to make an account on the portal but I haven't gotten my confirmation email yet so I cannot login. Anyone else having this issue?

I had this same issue and called a representative to inquire and learned the following:

If you registered with a Yahoo e-mail, this is a fairly common issue (mine took a few hours to come through). The same thing happened to me when I created an account using my Gmail e=mail and the representative ended up rectifying the issue for me fairly easily. I do think it will eventually come through, but it might take a bit.

Not sure where you're seeing that, but this is taken from the Application and Program Guide PDF:

Anticipated Awards
The NHSC SP expects the fiscal year (FY) 2022 application cycle to be very competitive. The program anticipates more applicants for scholarship awards than there are funds available. In the past, SP funds have been sufficient to fund approximately 10% of the applications received for new awards.

2 hours ago, PApivot said:

Not sure where you're seeing that, but this is taken from the Application and Program Guide PDF:

So when you click on "Apply Now" on the main site, youll see a portion of the page is in a yellow box. At the bottom of that box it says: 

Last year, we awarded every eligible applicant. Join the largest class of scholars this year!

Am i misunderstanding it? 

Does anyone know if I can somehow bypass the letter of recommendation needed from my previous academic program? I graduated from my last program in 2015, and the faculty I worked with there no longer work there. I took all of my prerequisites online for PA school. I'm struggling to figure out what to do. Anyone have any tips or advice?

9 minutes ago, pawrote said:

Does anyone know if I can somehow bypass the letter of recommendation needed from my previous academic program? I graduated from my last program in 2015, and the faculty I worked with there no longer work there. I took all of my prerequisites online for PA school. I'm struggling to figure out what to do. Anyone have any tips or advice?

I'm not really sure. I think your best bet would be to contact the number on the program guidance booklet. Maybe you can still receive a letter of rec from the faculty and just have them explain they no longer work at that institution?

Hey all! My program starts late September, before the 30th. I called the scholarship program and they recommended I put a start date of July 2nd on the application. However, when my school fills out the Verification of Enrollment, they will most likely put the actual start date (September). Wouldn't this count as information not matching on application and supporting documentation? 

On 3/16/2022 at 7:13 PM, QuiteContrary said:

So when you click on "Apply Now" on the main site, youll see a portion of the page is in a yellow box. At the bottom of that box it says: 

Last year, we awarded every eligible applicant. Join the largest class of scholars this year!

Am i misunderstanding it? 

Yeah, it's on this page. https://nhsc.hrsa.gov/scholarships/how-to-apply

On 3/27/2022 at 10:38 PM, QuiteContrary said:

I went but there was like no extra information that isnt already in the PDF or on their website. I have a copy of the ppt slides they used if you want to PM me your email I can send them. 

I just to make sure... the word limit is 500 words per essay right? 🙂

6 hours ago, malh2001 said:

Does anyone know if you get a message or notification when the recommendation letters get submitted on your behalf?

Yes, you do! I got an email that one of my recommenders submitted their letter. I believe they said you will not receive an email if they don't submit though.