NHSC Scholarship 2022-2023

18 minutes ago, TinaH said:

Also received a countersignature. Congrats, everyone!

They did not send a notification. You must login to the portal, click on your signed contract, and scroll down to the bottom. It will show an electronic signature by an OFAM Approver.

I see a link  that says signed contract but when I click it there’s no signatures on their end it seems like 🤔 I wonder if it means I’m not signed yet. Do you see their actual signature anywhere?

22 minutes ago, pbluver97 said:

I think the countersigning happens over the span of like a week, so for those of us that didn’t receive one today we are not forgotten about!☺️

I hope you're right! I feel so down after knowing this, but so happy for everyone that has received one!!!! I'm hopeful for countersignatures this week for all of us!! 

1 hour ago, Pastudenttt24 said:

I see a link  that says signed contract but when I click it there’s no signatures on their end it seems like 🤔 I wonder if it means I’m not signed yet. Do you see their actual signature anywhere?

Yes, you will see their electronic signature at the end of the document, right under your electronic signature. It will say:

Signature: Electronically signed by ________

Role: OFAM Approver, HRSA

Date: ________

• Like 1

On 8/29/2022 at 5:49 PM, mylocopinocci said:

I didnt get one and im a finalist. Is that a bad sign??

Update: I received a summer EVF yesterday evening. I just sent them the completed form out. I just checked and I still have no countersignature. Probably waiting on my filled out EVF I hope.

But sounds like they are sending things out sporadically so I wouldn't stress if you dont have a countersignature yet.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TinaH said:

Yes, you will see their electronic signature at the end of the document, right under your electronic signature. It will say:

Signature: Electronically signed by ________

Role: OFAM Approver, HRSA

Date: ________

Do we sign that document and send it to them? I never got an email about signing that, but I do see a link saying "your NHSC signed contract" but I don’t see where it has my signature or theirs? 🤔 or are we supposed to sign it after we receive a signature?

32 minutes ago, PurduePA2022 said:

Do we think countersignstures will only be released in the mornings or should I keep checking religiously throughout the whole day 😅

I think when they release, they do so all at once. I don't know if they continue throughout the day, but from what I've seen in past years it is mostly all at one time. I did call to see if there was a method to choosing who was signed or signed first and she wouldn't give any information.  Simply said nothing is a guarantee being a finalist and that we would all know a yes or no by the September 30th deadline. I just wanted a little hope, but she wasn't giving jt haha 

Still waiting on the NHSC to reach out to me about updating my EVF form because I accidently put "N/A" for the "Discipline" section... I also don't have my signature for the 2023-2024 school year so I hope that's not an issue for funding. Wish I was part of the people who had a co-sign today already (congratulations, btw!), it would be so much less to worry about! 😅

58 minutes ago, ChristianPrePA said:

Still waiting on the NHSC to reach out to me about updating my EVF form because I accidently put "N/A" for the "Discipline" section... I also don't have my signature for the 2023-2024 school year so I hope that's not an issue for funding. Wish I was part of the people who had a co-sign today already (congratulations, btw!), it would be so much less to worry about! 😅

... I think that it's okay if you put "N/A" for discipline since we're PAs and do not specialize, or rather, we do not choose a specialty in school, and most programs do not offer 'disciplines'.  

1 minute ago, QuiteContrary said:

Just got an email saying to check my portal for a message, but it just says congratulatioms for being awarded and theres nothing on the page. Am I missing something?

Did you just get notified of being a finalist for the first time, or did you already know you were a finalist & this is something to do with countersignature?

4 minutes ago, QuiteContrary said:

Just got an email saying to check my portal for a message, but it just says congratulatioms for being awarded and theres nothing on the page. Am I missing something?

You no longer have any info on the "Applying for the NHSC Scholarship Program" page because you now need to access the "In a Loan Repayment or Scholarship Program" page! Your message will be there.

image.thumb.png.91c22505a09ec7fe63fa552e6ac42f0d.png

Congrats!

3 hours ago, Pastudent0991 said:

Do we know of anyone that has been a finalist before, but never received a countersignature/scholarship? I know it states there's no guarantee, but everyone I speak to says mostly all that become finalist receive awards

I’ve never heard of that and multiple people have told me that finalist=scholarship 

55 minutes ago, pbluver97 said:

I’ve never heard of that and multiple people have told me that finalist=scholarship 

That's what I heard, too, but I'm still stressing out a little. Sigh. We got a month still. And if we don't get the scholarship, there's next year and even the Loan Repayment Program.