HOD meeting updates

17 minutes ago, deltawave said:

Not sure on that point, but the overwhelming majority are for change. I would be absolutely floored if there is no title change. 

There have been some anti-change, but almost all are emotional and personal instead of logical or based on facts and data. 

I think there will be name change if the testimony is any indication, but I’m afraid it’s going to be associate as a middle ground. It’ll help me not cringe when I state the name, but I’m afraid it’s not going to help outside of making us feel better instead of with jobs and legislation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LT_Oneal_PAC said:

I think there will be name change if the testimony is any indication, but I’m afraid it’s going to be associate as a middle ground. It’ll help me not cringe when I state the name, but I’m afraid it’s not going to help outside of making us feel better instead of with jobs and legislation.

I would concur with this assessment, unfortunately. 

We should move all the way forward to MCP. Keeping PA just kicks the can down the road. 

• Like 2

On the HOD now...Lots of old heads loving Physician Associate for all the repeated reasons... Ihave heard one person testify about MCP being favored in NY after previously being least favored 4 weeks prior. So, after consideration many PAs favored MCP after previously favoring Physician Associate ( I being one of them) and that person brought up potential AAPA income loss due to drop in membership due to frustration from PAs if AAPA does not act on this ...I definitely will drop membership if they again fail us...

• Upvote 2

One guy just gave an impassioned testimony that Associate is "in our DNA" then went on about how comparing us to NPs is detrimental :facepalm: Seriously dude? theyre kicking our assess in the job market! But calling us practitioners is bad because of that...man...I think they will kill the resolution lots of con testimony but if it passes, MCP is out...just my opinion. 

Edited by Joelseff

7 minutes ago, deltawave said:

As will I. I will drop my membership faster than you can say assistant. 

7 minutes ago, deltawave said:

As will I. I will drop my membership faster than you can say assistant. 

not so fast

the real meat is the push to OTP

We all stop joining AAPA, monies dry up, no funds for OTP and we all loose......

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Joelseff said:

They moved on. Now talking about Doctorate as entry level degree...

The OPTION for schools to offer an entry level doctorate, I believe is more correct. An interesting topic I didn’t realize was on the agenda.

clarification: the resolution being discussed is to OPPOSE doctorate entry level, not that they make it mandatory. So if passed it limits school and student choice to have a entry level doctorate if the market desired it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, deltawave said:

Well, in summation: it was ~4.5 hours of people clamoring for some sort of title change. 

Many great points for MCP over PAnything. 

Oh Ok...I just jumped in an hour ago...had patients all day. I can stay on another half hour. 

Having a hard time keeping up what "Pro" and "Con" actually means on these resolutions 😂 I'm dense... I know... Hahahah

Edit: OK... Pro to the doctorate resolution right now means they are against "Entry Level" doctorates but not to oppose tracks for doctorates. 

Edited by Joelseff

50 minutes ago, deltawave said:

Well, in summation: it was ~4.5 hours of people clamoring for some sort of title change. 

Many great points for MCP over PAnything. 

I was actually surprised to hear more pro-MCP supporters. I highly doubt they will ignore all that and the WPP report. My prediction is they will agree with the change, but will give one more year to make a decision on the Title. It's ganna be associate vs MCP.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, deltawave said:

My hope is that they do not stall on title change. Why do we need a year? It has been years already. Let's get this thing going. 

I agree with you. I don't need another year and you don't either. We are all very informed on this topic and I think MCP is the way to go. Unfortunately mostly of PAs have no clue. Some barely read the TCI report this week. I have been analyzing, listening and debating for the past 6 months since the report came out. AAPA did nothing other than releasing the report. They could've done more open discussions on this topic.

• Upvote 1

would rather wait a year for MCP then just get in PAssociate now....

I really think people will warm up to the idea once they think about it and learn the pro's of it are not for us but for EVERYONE ELSE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!!!  Which does nothing but help us in the long run.... 

• Upvote 1

• ventana locked, unlocked and locked this topic