2021-2022 Application Cycle

Hey guys!

I'm a first year PA student at UOP in my second trimester now. I remembering being on this forum applying just a year ago so I completely understand how everyone is feeling. Please let me know if there are any questions anybody has about the UOP program specifically or my journey through the application process or interviews. Super busy with school but I will certainly get to you or any questions as soon as I can. Feel free to directly message me. Good luck!

Edited by LDchick
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2021 at 6:23 PM, fiestatristan said:

Already got denied. Was surprised how fast that was. Oh well. 

That was a quick decision from them. I didn't know they were sending out decisions already. I'm still waiting for their response. Do you know why they may have come to that decision? And you have many chances so don't worry!

Just now, LittleZigZag said:

That was a quick decision from them. I didn't know they were sending out decisions already. I'm still waiting for their response. Do you know why they may have come to that decision? And you have many chances so don't worry!

UOP does a screening process before sending out invites to qualified candidates for the program. It filters things like hours, gpa, etc. I got the pass for screening pretty early on then got my interview email in June so keep a look out! I am not sure when they are planning on doing interviews this round but get excited because it was a really fun process!

3 minutes ago, LDchick said:

UOP does a screening process before sending out invites to qualified candidates for the program. It filters things like hours, gpa, etc. I got the pass for screening pretty early on then got my interview email in June so keep a look out! I am not sure when they are planning on doing interviews this round but get excited because it was a really fun process!

Ah thanks for your response. I know how busy you are with your didactic year! I'm glad the interview process was positive for you! Hopefully it will go well this year 🙂

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 9:27 PM, LDchick said:

Hey guys!

I'm a first year PA student at UOP in my second trimester now. I remembering being on this forum applying just a year ago so I completely understand how everyone is feeling. Please let me know if there are any questions anybody has about the UOP program specifically or my journey through the application process or interviews. Super busy with school but I will certainly get to you or any questions as soon as I can. Feel free to directly message me. Good luck!

Thank you so much for taking some time to monitor this thread!

I sent in my application this week and got an auto reply that UoP had received it. It stated they would review my information and get back to me. I noticed that the email was signed by Jacie Touart, Interim Admissions Director. From the website's information and my own research I understood Jed Grant to be the Admissions Director. Is there a change in leadership and faculty taking place currently? 

Hi Friends, 

I hope all and loved ones are well, safe, and healthy. 

I applied to the University of the Pacific today! I'm so S-T-O-K-E-D!!!! Still waiting on CASPA Verification, booooo!!!! 

Very Respectfully, 

Ryan C. Martin-Valenzuela, M.S. 

U.S. Navy, Retired 

My Pronouns Are: He/His/Him 

• Like 1

Hello Everyone,

I'm also applying to the UOP PA Program this cycle. I want to wish everyone the best of luck. It will be my first time applying. I've been working on all my pre-req's for the last 3 years and I'm excited to finally have the opportunity to apply. Anyone else from the Sacramento Valley applying to the UOP PA program this cycle?

Ryan Martin-Valenzuela, I see you just submitted your application to UOP. Congratulations! I'm sure its a great feeling. I see you're also retired Navy. Thank you for your service sir. Were you a medic in the Navy?

- Jake

Edited by Jake408
More info

31 minutes ago, MSN214 said:

@Jake408  My caspa was verified on May 20th and I received an initial screening email from UOP on May 24th so the turn around was pretty quick! Good luck with your applications!

Thank you @MSN214

Looks like a really fast turn around time. I appreciate the additional info.  I wish you the best of luck as well!

- Jake

On 5/27/2021 at 2:20 PM, PrePA2024 said:

Thank you so much for taking some time to monitor this thread!

I sent in my application this week and got an auto reply that UoP had received it. It stated they would review my information and get back to me. I noticed that the email was signed by Jacie Touart, Interim Admissions Director. From the website's information and my own research I understood Jed Grant to be the Admissions Director. Is there a change in leadership and faculty taking place currently? 

Hey!

Jed, our admissions director, is apart of the military on top of being a PA-C and sitting on the PA board too. He’s a very busy man! Lol he was called to active duty this year so Jacie has stepped up as interim admission director. Both have always been involved in admissions though. Jacie is AMAZING and teaches many of our courses along with doing admissions for now. I am unsure when Jed will return from overseas but he will be back! Hope this clears things up. If you have more questions, feel free to message me!

Edited by LDchick