2021-2022 Application Cycle

Just now, JuliaC said:

And just as I finished typing the message above, I receive an email from UOP inviting me for an interview on 7/19!!

Oh wow! Congratulation! Awesome news!........ I'm glad to hear they're finally scheduling interviews! I wish you the best of luck on the interview. How exciting

- Jake

• Like 1

Hi! 

Has anyone applied and not heard anything back? I got the confirmation email that they are reviewing my application 2 weeks ago but haven’t gotten an email mentioning if I passed the initial screening yet. I was gonna shoot them an email this morning, but thought I’d ask if anyone is in that same boat first. 

1 hour ago, Alize said:

Hi! 

Has anyone applied and not heard anything back? I got the confirmation email that they are reviewing my application 2 weeks ago but haven’t gotten an email mentioning if I passed the initial screening yet. I was gonna shoot them an email this morning, but thought I’d ask if anyone is in that same boat first. 

I’m in the same boat as you @Alize

It sounds like the folks who did pass the initial screening have interviews in July. I figured I have a rejection letter coming via email since I never got an notice saying I passed the initial screening. Hopefully I’m wrong but I’m preparing for the bad news. 

- Jake

On 5/11/2021 at 9:27 PM, LDchick said:

Hey guys!

I'm a first year PA student at UOP in my second trimester now. I remembering being on this forum applying just a year ago so I completely understand how everyone is feeling. Please let me know if there are any questions anybody has about the UOP program specifically or my journey through the application process or interviews. Super busy with school but I will certainly get to you or any questions as soon as I can. Feel free to directly message me. Good luck!

I just got offered an interview!!! Im super excited! If there are interview questions that you remembered being asked would you be so kind in sharing them 😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jake408 said:

I’m in the same boat as you @Alize

It sounds like the folks who did pass the initial screening have interviews in July. I figured I have a rejection letter coming via email since I never got an notice saying I passed the initial screening. Hopefully I’m wrong but I’m preparing for the bad news. 

- Jake

Hmmm. I emailed them this morning to see what’s up. They don’t seem shy about sending rejection emails lol! Either way, I’d like to know one way or the other. Guess we’ll see! 

11 hours ago, krystal713 said:

I just got offered an interview!!! Im super excited! If there are interview questions that you remembered being asked would you be so kind in sharing them 😊

Hey! That’s against policy to share that information. But just be yourself is the best advice I can give! You’ll do great 🙂

Edited by LDchick
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Jake408 said:

Yes, please let me know what they say. Thank you!

This was their response: 

Thank you for applying to our program. Your application is still under review, and you will be notified when its status changes. We are just reviewing a large number of applications and want to ensure we are thorough. Thanks for checking!

So it sounds like they’re just taking their time going through applications. It’s not a rejection email until it is lol. So I guess we’ll just have to continue to be patient! 

Just now, Alize said:

This was their response: 

Thank you for applying to our program. Your application is still under review, and you will be notified when its status changes. We are just reviewing a large number of applications and want to ensure we are thorough. Thanks for checking!

So it sounds like they’re just taking their time going through applications. It’s not a rejection email until it is lol. So I guess we’ll just have to continue to be patient! 

Lol

I guess we're still in the running! Thank you for the update @Alize

Just now, ac123 said:

For the leadership experience question did you guys just list the experience and write a summary for each? With only a 300 character limit I barely have enough to explain each, let me know what you guys did please

I was barely able to fit in 2-3 concise sentences. I just did the best with what I had. It was very hard. 

Hello everyone! I'm Cintia! Pleasure to be here! I submitted my application on May 17 via CASPA, verified a few days later! I wish everyone nothing but good vibes on this journey! Be proud of where you stand. 

This is my first application cycle, and I am inevitably nervous yet super excited about this phase in my life!

How are you all preparing for interviews? I recently purchased a book from Amazon (link below) and I am wondering how you're all preparing.

https://www.amazon.com/Physician-Assistant-School-Interview-Guide/dp/1732076006

• Like 2

On 6/15/2021 at 7:57 AM, krystal713 said:

Congratulations to those of you who have received interview invites!!!

For those of us who have not gotten an email, just wait! There is still hope! Keep your head and hopes up high! 🙌

• Like 1