Hi there 

has anyone have any experience with facemydoc ? It is a telehealth company that provide you with the platform to operate as an independent contractor. They provide collaborating physician and you would have to pay about $10-$15 per chart review and get your own malpractice insurance. 

There is a membership fee that varies with every state. So far everything looks pretty OK on the paper.

You will work from home and have freedom to work as many hours as you like and sdt you’re on schedule.

4 hours ago, dream2pa said:

They are advertising $125/hour on their website .

like I said it looks good on paper but not sure .

thank you for your input .

you know what they say, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Let's say you do 15 min appts, so 4/hr. $60 to the doc, now you are at 65/hr and paying your own malpractice. The doc is getting the better deal here.  60/hr for signing your charts, for which he has no liability.

I am also curious on anyones experience with this. I agree it seems like a good deal on paper. Curious how much the malpractice insurance actually costs for one provider on telehealth in which they have a company that they say they work with that provides a large discount. Its estimated at $109 avg. fee per visit. $10-15 per patient chart review still leaves you $94-$99 per patient seen... 

• 6 months later...

I cannot fathom PAYING for my work.

Maybe for a transcriptionist but - NO, I have voice recognition and type very well. 

And malpractice is not cheap. Tail coverage, limits? Do states have differing limits state by state?

As I have said before - the Pandemic made telehealth companies sprout up like roofing companies after a hurricane. They can't all be that great........

And don't forget the legal. You have to be licensed in the state the patient is in - HUGE liability issues on that one.

How many states are you covering? How many licenses? Can you get a license in a state without a doc in the same state?

How about the DEA fee - but, telehealth, you can't use a DEA - hard copy rx's only.

TOO many what if's here.

Hard pass

• Upvote 1

THIS IS ALARMING...... 

From the FaceMyDoc website

NEVER read anything like this on a company face forward website.

Who runs this nightmare?

Business Conduct Policy

FaceMyDoc is committed to operating the best-in-service telehealth network in North America; with first-­class people, dynamic technology, unrivaled support, and a friendly professional staff. To promote safety and comfort for all, staff as well as provider members are asked to act appropriately at all times.

FaceMyDoc has a Zero Tolerance Policy regarding the conduct of our staff and our providers; this policy applies to everyone.

FaceMyDoc is a closely-held organization and we expect our staff and member providers representing FaceMyDoc to act maturely, to be patient and understanding, and to respect the rights, feelings and dignity of others. This Business Conduct Policy outlines general prohibited actions. The actions listed below are not an all-­inclusive list of behaviors considered inappropriate:

• Do not send messages that are deliberately hostile and insulting to staff, patients or other providers.
  • Do not use offensive language.
  • Do not harass others or place unnecessary pressure on them to obtain what you want.
  • Do not communicate negatively about the Company to others whether online or offline, including on the Company platform and third-party platforms such as social media sites.
  • Do not make demands or write messages in CAPS.

Any one found in breach of this conduct will result in permanent termination of the individual, with or without notice effective immediately.  .

The protection of staff, providers and patients who are using the FaceMyDoc platform is of paramount concern to the Company. Therefore, we reserve the right to deny access or membership to any person for any reason.

The Company Management will investigate all reported incidents. Suspension or termination of FaceMyDoc membership privileges may result from a determination by the Company Management if in his/her discretion a violation of the FaceMyDoc Code of Conduct has occurred. In the event of termination of members, there are  no refunds as stated in our Provider Membership Agreement. Refunds will only be given at the discretion of the Company in an amount that is equivalent to what the Company decides, regardless of the total dollar amount of the membership package or other services that were purchased. The terms of any refunds, if applicable, will be outlined in the FaceMyDoc Cancellation Agreement.

Any questions about these policies should be directed to our Support staff. Open a ticket by clicking here and someone should respond within 72 hours.

Giving the benefit of the doubt, I don't think that list of demands is all that bad.  My assumption for some of those is that they have occurred and so implemented rules as a result (e.g. the ALL CAPS).

The issue is that they are just vague enough to allow for the company to have complete control and they can deny access or membership.  That is a huge problem when you are paying an enormous subscription fee.

But, I don't plan on ever paying to work.  That is ludicrous.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2021 at 1:22 PM, FaceMyDoc said:

I worked for them for 4 months, run!!!  This is such a scam and they do nothing but take your money 

I have also been curious and have talked to HR as well has watched the webinar. Please tell me more. I was wondering about how you get patients, collaborate with other providers, reimbursement, etc. I was on the fence but now considering a hard no. Any input is great. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have talked to them as well regarding a position, but  paying the collaborating physician $10-15 a chart is a bit steep and also paying $5600 in my state for membership fees seems like a lot.  I have asked to talk with others that are currently doing this job and they said they would have someone call me, but I have yet to hear back from them. When asked if I could see a certain amount of patients a day they said it takes time and you could see 50-100 patients in the first year. Again this is not very many.   Any input that someone could give me regarding working with this group I would appreciate. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2021 at 8:01 AM, pabell said:

I have also been curious and have talked to HR as well has watched the webinar. Please tell me more. I was wondering about how you get patients, collaborate with other providers, reimbursement, etc. I was on the fence but now considering a hard no. Any input is great. 

I'd be more than happy to answer your questions directly and you can learn more about the earnings potential/reimbursements by reading my recent post on the forum here.

You can pick and choose the patients you'd like to see from our online waiting room where you can see their location, their type of insurance (if any) and what is the reason for their visit. If you need a collaborating physician we can set you up with one through our network and through our partnership with CollaboratingDocs.com 

Hope this helps.

Edited by FMDCEO

On 11/2/2021 at 12:23 AM, Reality Check 2 said:

THIS IS ALARMING...... 

From the FaceMyDoc website

NEVER read anything like this on a company face forward website.

Who runs this nightmare?

Business Conduct Policy

FaceMyDoc is committed to operating the best-in-service telehealth network in North America; with first-­class people, dynamic technology, unrivaled support, and a friendly professional staff. To promote safety and comfort for all, staff as well as provider members are asked to act appropriately at all times.

FaceMyDoc has a Zero Tolerance Policy regarding the conduct of our staff and our providers; this policy applies to everyone.

FaceMyDoc is a closely-held organization and we expect our staff and member providers representing FaceMyDoc to act maturely, to be patient and understanding, and to respect the rights, feelings and dignity of others. This Business Conduct Policy outlines general prohibited actions. The actions listed below are not an all-­inclusive list of behaviors considered inappropriate:

• Do not send messages that are deliberately hostile and insulting to staff, patients or other providers.
  • Do not use offensive language.
  • Do not harass others or place unnecessary pressure on them to obtain what you want.
  • Do not communicate negatively about the Company to others whether online or offline, including on the Company platform and third-party platforms such as social media sites.
  • Do not make demands or write messages in CAPS.

Any one found in breach of this conduct will result in permanent termination of the individual, with or without notice effective immediately.  .

The protection of staff, providers and patients who are using the FaceMyDoc platform is of paramount concern to the Company. Therefore, we reserve the right to deny access or membership to any person for any reason.

The Company Management will investigate all reported incidents. Suspension or termination of FaceMyDoc membership privileges may result from a determination by the Company Management if in his/her discretion a violation of the FaceMyDoc Code of Conduct has occurred. In the event of termination of members, there are  no refunds as stated in our Provider Membership Agreement. Refunds will only be given at the discretion of the Company in an amount that is equivalent to what the Company decides, regardless of the total dollar amount of the membership package or other services that were purchased. The terms of any refunds, if applicable, will be outlined in the FaceMyDoc Cancellation Agreement.

Any questions about these policies should be directed to our Support staff. Open a ticket by clicking here and someone should respond within 72 hours.

I'm glad you've done your due diligence on us and have found this on our website as it is listed in the footer menu for the whole world to see. The reply from mgriffiths is correct in that we created this policy after there was some abusive behavior exhibited by a provider to our staff and also to patients. 

What is wrong with requiring that the feelings, rights and dignity of others is respected by all who use our platform? In today's day and age with all of the madness in the world, it is only right that as the Founder and CEO of the company that I expect that. 

Although from someone who promotes such negativity (particularly on Christmas Eve of all days!) I can see why you would have a problem with this.

• Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Reality Check 2 said:

No purpose in continuing this conversation.

Not interested in this company or its communications. 

Done

interesting thread going on besides this one

I feel like I am trying to purchase a used car from Mr Licausi.  Slick presentation, with huge holes and omissions in it.   Interested to see if he will answer honestly as I have a sneaking suspicion there is a fair number of PA on this forum with first hand knowledge of his company that might keep things honest.  

He said a 5 min visit is a 214 - yeah that in itself is likely a slam dunk on insurance fraud.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ventana said:

He said a 5 min visit is a 214 - yeah that in itself is likely a slam dunk on insurance fraud.

Pt w/ GERD and had breakthrough reflux at night. Already on PPI. You add Famotidine qhs. Visit takes <5 min it’s a 214.

Pt has GERD and constipation. Doing great on PPI and Metamucil and you review appropriate PPI administration. <7-10min visit. That’s a 214.  

Any pt with a chronic disease requiring monitoring, such as HIV, Hep B, IBD. Automatically a 214 no matter how long you visit.

Pt has GERD, constipation, abdominal pain, and elevated liver enzymes. You order labs, CT, discuss meds. 30min visit. That’s a 214.

I can bill a 214 for screening colonoscopy now if a pt has a FHx or PMHx of polyps. Rx the prep. 5 min visit. 

Pt has GERD. Controlling sxs with tums or resolved w/ weight loss. That’s a 213.

In most cases, you only way you can get a 5 is if the pt has severe exacerbation, life threatening illness requiring consultation with another external physician etc. 

Lots of things changed last year. I’m not siding with the facemydoc guy but it sounds like you may be under billing. I thought it was nuts at first too. But the gimmick now is that they won’t have to pay for those level 5 visits anymore. 

Edited by ANESMCR
  • Like 1