I do telehealth and no call/video is EVER 5 minutes.

Chronic disease management takes time and effort.

Billing is not all there is to it. Notes, rx's, referrals, etc.

Our calls take the first 5 minutes to just get the tech going - older crowd - and do all the disclaimers and such for telehealth - e911, address of patient location, disclaimers. etc.

So, I would be billing 99214 without doubt.

I could maybe do 3, maybe 4 in an hour. 

But, again, not interested in this employer - telehealth in general is evolving and needs to be held to standards.

Medicine should never be all about money. It is an ART. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

ANESMCR is correct...this isn't "insurance fraud", this is value-based care.  Time is only billed for behavioral health visits now and complexity is used in primary care, urgent care etc.  A 99214 per CMS pays $140 per visit (national average) which goes back to the math I gave you here. If you're not sure how to determine complexity, you can use the free Codify calculator and select their Medical Decision Making tool. 

Ventana- what holes and ommissions? I've answered every single one of your questions here. Did I miss something? Again, I'm not trying to sell you anything.  We wouldn't onboard anyone with such pessimism as energy radiates and we couldn't have the negativity affecting our patients. If this was just about sales, I would ignore this and let anyone come work with us. 

Most of our patients need a medication refill or an antibiotic, so yes Reality Check 2, you can do a visit in 5 minutes. In fact, MDLIVE put out a report last year that their average visit was 3 minutes.  And then you have Khealth who is delivering care over text messages! 😂

As far as telehealth as a means to deliver good care overtime- the NHS in the UK has now issued guidance requiring that GPs ask their patients to do a telehealth visit prior to an office visit. The idea is to force the adoption of technology. If you know much about geopolitics, then you know they test out many ideas in the UK first before bringing them here to the US. This will most surely become a trend we see emerge here with the NIH or other health departments issuing the same guidance to US providers.

Whether you think the care is good or not, telehealth will only continue to expand in usage and scope. The pandemic is not ending anytime soon and things are never going back to how they used to be. The full technological evolution of healthcare is here. Eventually, a certain percentage of providers will be replaced by robots, software and AI. They are already using software as FDA approved treatments in behavioral health and robots in hospitals. 

Good medicine cannot be measured in minutes or CPT codes.

Real peer review and quality assurance show the benefits of an interaction or intervention with a medical professional.

This type of job is obviously not for me. If it works for others - great.

We should put quality practice ahead of the number per hour and time of visits.

I expect some snippy reply from CEO guy - whatever. 

Be good practitioners - do good things - do things right. 

• Like 1

I think you’ve proven your point, answered questions thoroughly, and saved face. Now it’s just personal opinion for some. Telehealth is fine as long as it isn’t serving complex patients imo. Med refills, routine follow up’s, and antibiotics etc-Great way to serve the patient population. Higher complexity, urgent care, and chronic disease-not so much. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Holes and omissions. 

leaving out you are the billing company and that you will take a % of collections. 

ommission on the fact their appears to be a flat monthly fee for software use and provider listing (industry norm is the %of collections covers this)

Using gross hourly figure to make it look attractive when you also control the “expense” side with fees and charges that are unavoidable

stating that billing is only on complexity. They have allowed complexity (as the previous guidelines did somewhat) to help determine coded level.  You can indeed still bill on time or complexity.  They didn’t throw old system just allow complexity to help guide.  

the bigger question I have not touched on, but others have, and you alluded to, is the utility and value of telehealth.  The fact  most your visits are for ABX and Med refills to me is a huge red flag.  Hardly any colds require ABX but if someone is paying you with the expectation to get script (not expectation of a solid reasonable professional medical evaluation) well then you only have a binary decision. Script yes or no.  Talk to PA’s in concierge practices to learn more of the negative impact that this has on the patient provider relationship and how it can erode the medical profession.

I am one of the few PA who have owned and run my own practice and I have seen how easy it is to bend rules to make more $ and cheapen the provider-patient relationship.  I am all for a great proven model of telehealth however my experience in working 5 years as house call clinician and the the last two years in front line primary care during Covid has reenforced the value of great relationship based face to face primary care.  Yes I do telemedicine sparingly when appropriate to follow up on routine stable chronic conditions.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Telemedicine is garbage and I dont care what company it is.  It's all about throwing antibiotics out to every single person with a runny nose so you can get off the phone and onto the next one.  

Then the PCP has to spend 30 mins telling the patients why the telemed doc was an idiot who was just throwing out abx like candy all day.

The CEO of Teladoc went to the Texas State Medical Board and lied to their face stating that their providers don't script abx for URIs.  It was outrageous lies over and over again.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Face My Doc is a fraudulent company. They will not deliver on anything they promised. After paying for your $29 background check and providing your credentials and personal information, they will be IMPOSSIBLE to reach. Their website support and cut links lead to inactive pages, they don’t answer the phone as it is voicemail only, no one responds to emails and one year after paying for your background check, out of nowhere they will begin charging you a monthly fee of $29. No warning, no notification and no communication as to why. Stay far away from these guys! They are a sophisticated group of organized crime/scammers. Because you initially gave access to your bank account, your bank won’t consider it as fraud and since they currently don’t have any job openings listed on indeed, you can’t report them as fraud. They know exactly what they are doing. World class scammers. BEWARE AND STAY FAR AWAY!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I never paid any attention because it didn't interest me but your post made me go look. Dead links here and there. The entire web site is VERY basic and seems to be oriented towards gathering personal information. The "I need a doctor" link is dead.

I don't know if they are scammers or just a failed business idea but the web site looks abandoned. Last "webinar" listed for people to watch was in April.

As the Founder & CEO of the company, I take personal offense to this- especially when I've sacrificed years of my life away from friends and family to building FaceMyDoc. 

If you were charged $29, it seems as if our system had you classified as a patient and charged the annual patient fee (it is not monthly so refrain from assuming and telling others that it is monthly- you know what happens when you assume don't you?). 

We have thousands of patients and hundreds of providers across the country, so yes our phone lines are tied up much of the time with calls from one group or the other. We need to expand our call center operations which we are currently in the midst of doing. There is no record of any emails requests from anyone with your name Tori.

It is very easy to contact us in other ways, like 99% of everyone else who can't reach us via phone- and thats by Google chat. All you need to do is put FaceMyDoc into Google and you'll get a chat option where we would be happy to help you! 

If you would contact us we would be happy to return your Starbucks money as your $29 isn't making or breaking anyone over here.

1 hour ago, Tori08797 said:

Face My Doc is a fraudulent company. They will not deliver on anything they promised. After paying for your $29 background check and providing your credentials and personal information, they will be IMPOSSIBLE to reach. Their website support and cut links lead to inactive pages, they don’t answer the phone as it is voicemail only, no one responds to emails and one year after paying for your background check, out of nowhere they will begin charging you a monthly fee of $29. No warning, no notification and no communication as to why. Stay far away from these guys! They are a sophisticated group of organized crime/scammers. Because you initially gave access to your bank account, your bank won’t consider it as fraud and since they currently don’t have any job openings listed on indeed, you can’t report them as fraud. They know exactly what they are doing. World class scammers. BEWARE AND STAY FAR AWAY!!!

14 hours ago, FMDCEO said:

As the Founder & CEO of the company, I take personal offense to this- especially when I've sacrificed years of my life away from friends and family to building FaceMyDoc. 

I have started 3 businesses from a concept to selling them when they were successful including starting my own practice. I can imagine its very frustrating to see your baby get smeared. I think it takes some courage to come face your accusers.

That said nobody but you cares about your blood, sweat, and tears and time away from family and friends. We are all potential users and customers and you are only as good as can be determined by a casual observer in a very short attention span world so you might want to fix things that need to be fixed and address concerns instead of getting your ass up and belittling. If someone accuses you and their accusation isn't true you have a choice of setting them strait or ignoring them. A snarky insulting CEO isn't a good face on any company.

10 days ago I took a 43k withdrawl from one of my retirement accounts and my investment company wired it to the wrong account. Actually they wired it into the ether because they simply omitted a number from my account. When I called and we figured out what happened their response was to shrug and tell me to call back in 3 weeks and they would check to see if the wired transfer had bounced back to them. Not an adequate answer. So after generally making a nuisance out of myself I finally got a call from someone in answer to my BBB complaint. He promised to fix things and keep me posted. Keep in mind my money is still missing. This morning I got an "answer" to my BBB complaint. "We have reached out to the consumer and consider this matter closed."

Negatory Pig Pen. The matter is closed when I have my money in my bank account.

This is one of the largest and best regarded fund management companies in the world. Today they suck...because you are only as good as your response to a bad situation. You can bet I am sharing their suckiness with anyone and everyone including HR at my last employer which is where this fund came from.

Edited by sas5814
extra information
  • Upvote 2

THE best advertisement is word of mouth recommendations.

Attack responses and failure to address real complaints will tank any company.

Like Scott, I have had issues with the same investment company and a company I owned voting stock in.

Assertiveness on my part - tenacity, really - got the issue resolved and the company is no longer in my portfolio or on my shopping list. 

HOW a company reacts to things makes or breaks them, whether as consumers or employees.

My first impression is not good for this company. It hasn't changed. It likely won't.

Done with this thread.

Moving on to my day.

21 hours ago, sas5814 said:

I never paid any attention because it didn't interest me but your post made me go look. Dead links here and there. The entire web site is VERY basic and seems to be oriented towards gathering personal information. The "I need a doctor" link is dead.

I don't know if they are scammers or just a failed business idea but the web site looks abandoned. Last "webinar" listed for people to watch was in April.

We need to have a "basic" website- especially with the difficult many people have with technology, things have to be simple. Maybe you have McAfee or something running in your browser because the "Find A Doctor" link works just fine for us and all of our staff plus family members- we just tested it on over 100 devices. Sometimes McAfee and others block certain sites- try disabling it and click the link again. If it doesn't work send an email to info@facemydoctor.com so we can look into.

The webinar in April was a special guest feature from one of our partners regarding Remote Patient Webinar- otherwise, we do webinars everyday, 4 times per day. 

I run AVG but it could still be blocking some links. It hasn't happened before as far as I know but with technology anything is possible.

You might pull down outdated links because they give people an impression of an out of date web site. Its an easy conclusion to draw and, like I said, its short attention span theater most days. 

I hope you have continued success. It sounds like you have put a lot into this and its working for you. I know what it is like to create something from nothing but an idea. Its pretty energizing.

55 minutes ago, FMDCEO said:

Where are you seeing the outdated links? I've already updated the Google sitemaps quite awhile ago and the current menu seems to be working. Thanks for your input- it's easy to miss things like bad links when you're running a business. I'm sure you can relate!

I'd have to go back and look at it. It just occurred to me I was on my work/government computer and the security is so tight links are often blocked. I'll poke around over the weekend on my own laptop and see how it shakes out. If I find dead links or outdated ones I'll PM you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

they are a complete scam. i filed a BBB complaint and have not heard from them. i considered working for them in 2021 and decided against it. i gave them permission to access my bank account AT THAT TIME for ONE background check. so why did they pull $ out this past summer? and why can' i reach anyone to get it back? it doesn't matter how much, they have no permission to go into my bank account in perpetuity. f them

The point is--it's not your $30 to take. And since YOU should not have debited my bank account for no reason, the onus should not be on ME to email, call, instagram, BBB etc to get it back. if your company billing product cannot tell the difference between a job applicant from 2021 and a patient, that seems like a big problem. and since you have not returned my $, it also seems like fraud.