Support FAPA PAC in their push for autonomy! ***click bait title removed***

***Mod edit to remove click bait title***
please I beg you all support. A win for FL is a win for us all!’n

US IN FL ARE PUSHING FOR AUTONOMY AGAIN THIS YEAR... IF WE ARE ABLE TO ACHIEVE THIS IT WILL OPEN THE FLOODGATES FOR PA's ACROSS THE COUNTRY TO ACHIEVE THE SAME... DONATE EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT A PA IN FL!
FROM OUR FL ACADEMY OF PA's PRESIDENT:
Hi FL PA Community!
Great day today for the Florida PA Community!
As promised, our PA Autonomy Bill HB 431 has been made public out of Bill Drafting this am. Please see the comprehensive Bill below.
https://www.myfloridahouse.gov/.../Bills/billsdetail.aspx...
The Senate version of this Bill should come out very shortly.
As stated before, FAPA will have a town hall mtg this Thursday evening via Zoom with FAPA Leadership to discuss this Bill. Will send this invite out again soon.
As always, please donate to the FAPA Political Action Committee and renew/join as a FAPA member at www.FAPAonline.org
Great day today! More great news to come!
Gregory Burns, MMS, DHSc, PA-C, DFAAPA
FAPA President
#flpasforautonomy #fapa #aapa #pacandothat

• Like 1

I urge everyone to outside of FL  to contribute as much as you can to your state PAC before contributing to FL or any other state. Contributions to FL while a nice gesture do nothing to help get legislation passed in any other state.  Thinking that passage of a law in one state will “open a flood gate” is extremely politically naive.

Edited by VeryOldPA
  • Downvote 1

44 minutes ago, VeryOldPA said:

I urge everyone to outside of FL  to contribute as much as you can to your state PAC before contributing to FL or any other state. Contributions to FL while a nice gesture do nothing to help get legislation passed in any other state.  Thinking that passage of a law in one state will “open a flood gate” is extremely politically naive.

I don't think that's true. FL is the third state in this country by population, so if it passes in FL, other state organizations could point to FL. Also, some organizations are a lot more proactive than others. While North Dakota OTP is great, it's an extremely small state that probably only had an effect on a handful of PAs

Edited by iconic
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, bldavi2 said:

please I beg you all support. A win for FL is a win for us all!’n

US IN FL ARE PUSHING FOR AUTONOMY AGAIN THIS YEAR... IF WE ARE ABLE TO ACHIEVE THIS IT WILL OPEN THE FLOODGATES FOR PA's ACROSS THE COUNTRY TO ACHIEVE THE SAME... DONATE EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT A PA IN FL!
FROM OUR FL ACADEMY OF PA's PRESIDENT:
Hi FL PA Community!
Great day today for the Florida PA Community!
As promised, our PA Autonomy Bill HB 431 has been made public out of Bill Drafting this am. Please see the comprehensive Bill below.
https://www.myfloridahouse.gov/.../Bills/billsdetail.aspx...
The Senate version of this Bill should come out very shortly.
As stated before, FAPA will have a town hall mtg this Thursday evening via Zoom with FAPA Leadership to discuss this Bill. Will send this invite out again soon.
As always, please donate to the FAPA Political Action Committee and renew/join as a FAPA member at www.FAPAonline.org
Great day today! More great news to come!
Gregory Burns, MMS, DHSc, PA-C, DFAAPA
FAPA President
#flpasforautonomy #fapa #aapa #pacandothat

not really the right professional message to be sending as president of the FL PA

Sounds desperate and it is click bait for a title.....   below what professional PA leaders should be attaching their names to

Why are PA so tight with donations???

most of us make north of six figures

why not just donate $10 and call it good - will not even hurt.....

$$$$ drive politics, we (everyone on state boards) is working their Ars off right now trying to get advancement, sign up to help or make a donation, really is it like the cost of a few coffee's......

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, ventana said:

not really the right professional message to be sending as president of the FL PA

Sounds desperate and it is click bait for a title.....   below what professional PA leaders should be attaching their names to

$$$$ drive politics, we (everyone on state boards) is working their Ars off right now trying to get advancement, sign up to help or make a donation, really is it like the cost of a few coffee's......

Burns has nothing to do with this guy and his clickbait titles. He is VERY professional and is getting amazing things done as FL president. I’m not part of FAPA in anyway, but have followed closely since they almost got independence last year. Really a example for other state orgs to follow.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, VeryOldPA said:

OK. Color me a techno dummy. WTF Is a “clickbait” post?

1 hour ago, VeryOldPA said:

Clickbait is a intentionally exciting or provocative title that is only remotely or not all related to the information contained within a link. Think “MATTHEW PERRY DESTROYS HIS “FRIENDS” CASTMATES IN A SINGLE TWEET” then you read it and he just says Joey ate his donut once and still hasn’t gotten him a new one.

I also have to disagree. First, I think we can contribute to both. A one time donation outside your norm to help another state push for positive legislation can only help us all. The more precedent we set, the easier it will be, especially for states like mine that have relatively few PAs and thus far less PAC dollars. I hope one day the favor will be returned when we try to push legislation like this.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, ventana said:

I am not Mr Burns and I’m not the president of FAPA. I’m not even in the state of Florida. But I am very active in my owns states association. I do understand that more wins in other states is a win for us all. And yes I am desperate. Aren’t we all? Have u been living under a rock?

This is literally the absolute most vile and selfish thing I’ve ever seen posted. You should be ashamed. As a PA who lives across the country from Florida with friends practicing in that state I posted in support while simultaneously being very involved, including financially to my own states PAC. I can chew gum and walk at the same time. It’s scary that ppl that selfish are out there providing medical care.

28 minutes ago, LT_Oneal_PAC said:

Clickbait is a intentionally exciting or provocative title that is only remotely or not all related to the information contained within a link. Think “MATTHEW PERRY DESTROYS HIS “FRIENDS” CASTMATES IN A SINGLE TWEET” then you read it and he just says Joey ate his donut once and still hasn’t gotten him a new one.

what an amazing example...😂

I would disagree with sentiment.  Achieving independence in the first state will ALWAYS be the hardest.  So, getting it done helps everyone else down the line.  Doesn't mean one shouldn't contribute to their state PAC though.

5 hours ago, bldavi2 said:

And yes I am desperate. Aren’t we all? Have u been living under a rock?

nope not under a rock, but instead working hard to change

have been a glass ceiling breaker in my local system, currently serving on my state PA board, leading committee on name change, speaking at local PA programs, precepting pa-s to help guide, and a mod here - careful when you sling insults when you have zero idea 

Being desperate and actually sending out emails that are such are two different things

I apologize for thinking the OP was the  FAPA president.....  my error

Also the more I think of this I think there might be a problem with it

Last time I checked I think you had to be a member of the organization in order to contribute to the PAC - might be something to figure out before asking for donations.....

2 hours ago, ventana said:

nope not under a rock, but instead working hard to change

have been a glass ceiling breaker in my local system, currently serving on my state PA board, leading committee on name change, speaking at local PA programs, precepting pa-s to help guide, and a mod here - careful when you sling insults when you have zero idea 

Being desperate and actually sending out emails that are such are two different things

I apologize for thinking the OP was the  FAPA president.....  my error

Also the more I think of this I think there might be a problem with it

Last time I checked I think you had to be a member of the organization in order to contribute to the PAC - might be something to figure out before asking for donations.....

Remember you don’t know who you’re talking to either. I just don’t feel the need boast about my accomplishments and contributions on a forum. let’s not act you weren’t being rude earlier when I was simply trying to spread the word. Be honest...would you have clicked on it if you weren’t interested in “scandal”. I posted the same thing a week ago and no one viewed it! 

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A MEMBER OF FAPA TO DONATE TO THEIR PAC. You don’t even have to be a member of AAPA to support theirs. Don’t believe me? I encourage you to go test it out by going to the FAPA website and donating $100.  That’s just wouldn’t be a smart model..and would limit their donations from those associated with PAs. Duh. Just stop being a hater cuz they have support will you! This isn’t a competition amongst us. 

lastly. Why are so offended that I’m speaking out and taking an initiative to get Burn’s post seen. Maybe the reason we’re so behind is because too many ppl DONT do that. Ugh. 

Edited by bldavi2
  • Downvote 2

YES I would have clicked on a reasonable title(and in fact did read you post about a week earlier), and if you review the comments and the fact the title was changed you will realize it was not appreciated

My response detailing what I do was merely in response to you statement you made below(you went back and deleted you original post saying you were desperate and then asked me this question.

11 hours ago, ventana said:
  17 hours ago, bldavi2 said:

And yes I am desperate. Aren’t we all? Have u been living under a rock?

I have not said you can not donate to a PAC - I have merely brought up the question - in 2 seconds I find this - I am not sure why AAPA states this but it brings up the question - and it is reasonable to research it make sure you are not asking PAs to do something that is not appropriate  from https://www.aapa.org/advocacy-central/federal-advocacy/aapa-political-action-committee-pa-pac/

AAPA Political Action Committee: PA PAC

Welcome! AAPA’s Political Action Committee, PA PAC, supports candidates for Congress (both Republicans and Democrats) who are committed to the principles that drive the PA profession.

You must be a member of AAPA in order to support AAPA PAC.

So we have

1) click bait title

2) someone getting ultra defensive/offensive in their posts 

3) still has not clearly answered the question rather non-members of FAPA can donate (just copy paste a link or something instead of throwing insults because AAPA PAC does bring up the question) and since you are the one asking it is only kind and professional to ensure you are not asking for something that should not be done

4) now going back and editing/deleting prior posts of their own

So I ask you - so far you have not lead with professionalism, nor demonstrated professionalism, why should I pay attention to your post (especially since when I clicked on the link you provided the last update is April 23, 2019 - not exactly URGENT from that date)

Urgent: Invest Now to Support Pro PA Bills in the Legislature

Tuesday, April 23, 2019   (2 Comments)
Posted by: Courtney Miller

HB821 Passes on the House Floor

On April 17, 2019, the Florida House of Representatives passed HB821by a vote of 75 yeas and 37 nays. This is a huge success for both the PA and APRN professions as we sought to increase access to primary care for many Floridians by creating a mechanism for the professions to practice autonomously. Other items in the bill include favorable changes to the composition of the PA Council and deletion of antiquated language in PA statute. 

However, the bill can not become law unless a bill is also passed out of the Senate. SB 972 has language similar to HB821,but does not include PAs yet. 

We need your support today!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ventana said:

YES I would have clicked on a reasonable title(and in fact did read you post about a week earlier), and if you review the comments and the fact the title was changed you will realize it was not appreciated

My response detailing what I do was merely in response to you statement you made below(you went back and deleted you original post saying you were desperate and then asked me this question.

I have not said you can not donate to a PAC - I have merely brought up the question - in 2 seconds I find this - I am not sure why AAPA states this but it brings up the question - and it is reasonable to research it make sure you are not asking PAs to do something that is not appropriate  from https://www.aapa.org/advocacy-central/federal-advocacy/aapa-political-action-committee-pa-pac/

Welcome! AAPA’s Political Action Committee, PA PAC, supports candidates for Congress (both Republicans and Democrats) who are committed to the principles that drive the PA profession.

So we have

1) click bait title

3) still has not clearly answered the question rather non-members of FAPA can donate (just copy paste a link or something instead of throwing insults because AAPA PAC does bring up the question) and since you are the one asking it is only kind and professional to ensure you are not asking for something that should not be done

So I ask you - so far you have not lead with professionalism, nor demonstrated professionalism, why should I pay attention to your post (especially since when I clicked on the link you provided the last update is April 23, 2019 - not exactly URGENT from that date)

On April 17, 2019, the Florida House of Representatives passed HB821by a vote of 75 yeas and 37 nays. This is a huge success for both the PA and APRN professions as we sought to increase access to primary care for many Floridians by creating a mechanism for the professions to practice autonomously. Other items in the bill include favorable changes to the composition of the PA Council and deletion of antiquated language in PA statute. 

However, the bill can not become law unless a bill is also passed out of the Senate. SB 972 has language similar to HB821,but does not include PAs yet. 

3 hours ago, ventana said:

So we have

1) click bait title

I didn’t delete anything. Maybe it was changed just like my “click bait” title got changed. Like I said you can donate to FAPA without being a member. I’ve done it twice now. That’s all this post was about but you had to ruin it and make it about your holier than thou  righteousness and professionalism. I’m not at work or representing my true self in a place to discuss lay topics on some website. Looks like I was wrong about AAPA...but still.... Get over yourself and go donate. 

Edited by bldavi2

21 hours ago, bldavi2 said:

It’s scary that ppl that selfish are out there providing medical care.

Most definitely.  Research has shown that the amount of money that one donates to a PAC is directly related to their ability to practice safe, effective, compassionate medical care.

You sir, are a moron.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bldavi2 said:

I didn’t delete anything. Maybe it was changed just like my “click bait” title got changed. Like I said you can donate to FAPA without being a member. I’ve done it twice now. That’s all this post was about but you had to ruin it and make it about your holier than thou  righteousness and professionalism. I’m not at work or representing my true self in a place to discuss lay topics on some website. Looks like I was wrong about AAPA...but still.... Get over yourself and go donate. 

1) your previous post disappeared, very likely your delete as mods take the no deletion thing very serious

2) have you yet answered the question about rather it is okay to donate?  Simply saying "I did it" does not provide a definitive answer and I would hate to get other PAs into an issue.  I support supporting other states, and give almost till it hurts to my state and AAPA but I would like a definitive answer before I donate to FL - since you are the one requesting this it would be reasonable for you to provide guidance that it is okay (in the age of google this should take you about 3 min to find the answer.....)

3) I have ruined nothing, I am merely asking questions and responding to you comments/accusations . 

if you were wrong about AAPA and don't understand the underpinnings of making IRS trackable donationsions to an out of state PAC I suggest you get the answers 

11 hours ago, ventana said:

1) your previous post disappeared, very likely your delete as mods take the no deletion thing very serious

2) have you yet answered the question about rather it is okay to donate?  Simply saying "I did it" does not provide a definitive answer and I would hate to get other PAs into an issue.  I support supporting other states, and give almost till it hurts to my state and AAPA but I would like a definitive answer before I donate to FL - since you are the one requesting this it would be reasonable for you to provide guidance that it is okay (in the age of google this should take you about 3 min to find the answer.....)

3) I have ruined nothing, I am merely asking questions and responding to you comments/accusations . 

if you were wrong about AAPA and don't understand the underpinnings of making IRS trackable donationsions to an out of state PAC I suggest you get the answers 

As I’ve said before. You do not have to be a member of FAPA to donate to their PAC. I am not a member of FAPA and was able to donate using the instructions in mr Burns post. I will not responding to you “questions” anymore. This thread was supposed to be about supporting Florida PAs. I’m sorry it was ruined so you could make about yourself. 

Point of order........

One size does not fit all...

AAPA PAC is a federal,PAC and operates under federal law. 

State PACs like FL operate under the laws off the state. The FL PAC obviously allows donations from anyone.  Another state may require you be A resident of the state or a member of the organization..