Kansas State University

On 7/2/2020 at 1:09 PM, JustaPAdreamer said:

CASPer taken: 5/7

CASPA submitted: 6/11

Supplemental submitted & fee paid: 6/28

Congrats and good luck to those who got interviews!!! Is anyone receiving an email from the program stating that their application is complete and ready for review or is the interview invite the next email (if offered one)?

There was no email that the application was under review. Just the interview invite.

• Like 1

Guest wildalaska

Just received an interview invite for July 28th. I'll be declining as I've already been accepted elsewhere. Good luck to everyone!!

On 7/1/2020 at 8:20 AM, RueRue95 said:

Hey guys! I interviewed on 6/26. No I did not get an Itinerary beforehand. 3-4 days before the interview I was sent a google calendar event for a familiarization session. This was very helpful and occurred two days before the interview. The session showed how things will go on interview day. Our group only had 10 people in it being interviewed. They did a lot of talking about the school in the group format and then would send us each individually to a panel of 3-4 people interviewing us. The interview lasted from 7am-2:30pm. When not being interviewed, we were in a “breakout room” with other interviewees and some administrators. Here you were free to talk about what you’d like. Halfway-3/4 the way through they allowed us to take breaks and turn off our video and sound. Be careful because it looks like the entire interview was recorded even between students. As far as interview style it was mixed question style, and consisted of two panels of 20 min each. I got some very specific questions about the pa profession. I also had some questions about specific things on my application. Be prepared for any kind of question. Good luck! Waiting to hear back about how it went! Should be a two week turnaround is what I’ve seen on the website. 

@RueRue95 thanks for this! Good Luck!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NOLAPALady said:

Can someone shed some light on the supplemental application? I cannot seem to find a link to it or the portal to pay the supplemental application fee.

The supplemental application is here: https://www.hhs.k-state.edu/pa/admission/supplemental.html

You'll have to fill out an application for graduate study and then it'll ask you for your payment, if I remember correctly. The application is found here: https://www.applyweb.com/kstateg/index.ftl

Good luck! 

I Interviewed with Morgan and received my acceptance yesterday as well. I created a private group on Facebook named “Kansas State Physician Assistant Class of 2023”. For anyone else that has been accepted or gets accepted in the future to join! Good luck to all of you. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, passion4PA said:

Hi everyone I just received an email stating that my original interview date of July 28th was rescheduled to July 30th along with a plan for an essay component. Has anyone else also receive this email (or was it just me haha)!? 

So glad you posted this-I thought it was just to me too! But I got it as well😊

19 minutes ago, passion4PA said:

Hi everyone I just received an email stating that my original interview date of July 28th was rescheduled to July 30th along with a plan for an essay component. Has anyone else also receive this email (or was it just me haha)!? 

Interesting tidbit that the interview was rescheduled. We had an essay component in our interview as well! 

• Like 2

On 7/9/2020 at 1:55 PM, arb1992 said:

Interesting tidbit that the interview was rescheduled. We had an essay component in our interview as well! 

I'm also in the 7/24 and 7/30 group. How do they have you submit the essay? Do you take a picture and send it to them or do they ask you to scan it somehow? 

12 hours ago, HC2PA said:

I'm also in the 7/24 and 7/30 group. How do they have you submit the essay? Do you take a picture and send it to them or do they ask you to scan it somehow? 

I interview 6/26 and they gave us 30 mins to write out our essay on a piece of paper. We took a photo of it with our phones and emailed it to them!

On 7/8/2020 at 7:22 PM, arb1992 said:

I Interviewed with Morgan and received my acceptance yesterday as well. I created a private group on Facebook named “Kansas State Physician Assistant Class of 2023”. For anyone else that has been accepted or gets accepted in the future to join! Good luck to all of you. 

Great idea to start a facebook page. I got accepted, but I can't seem to find the page. Have you created it yet?

1 hour ago, hwoo213 said:

Great idea to start a facebook page. I got accepted, but I can't seem to find the page. Have you created it yet?

Yes! It’s up and running. Is this Holli?? I can send you an invite to it. 

edit: saw you found the group. So glad you got accepted! 

Edited by arb1992

11 hours ago, NOLAPALady said:

Hey all, finally submitted my supplemental application moments ago. I am curious, how many of you are from Kansas, especially those who have already received an acceptance?

Thanks!

I’m from the Texas panhandle/South plains. Currently in Lubbock as I did my undergrad at Texas Tech. 

• Like 2