Kansas State University

On 7/11/2020 at 9:40 PM, NOLAPALady said:

Hey all, finally submitted my supplemental application moments ago. I am curious, how many of you are from Kansas, especially those who have already received an acceptance?

Thanks!

I am from Overland Park but have lived in Iowa for the past 5 years for undergrad and post grad full-time work! 

• Like 2

On 7/11/2020 at 9:40 PM, NOLAPALady said:

Hey all, finally submitted my supplemental application moments ago. I am curious, how many of you are from Kansas, especially those who have already received an acceptance?

Thanks!

I grew up in Olathe and got my undergrad from KUMC. Been working in KC since and live in Overland Park!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2020 at 5:22 PM, TreasuredPA said:

I have a question about the hours verification on CASPA. I've had 3-4 different PCE jobs & 5 PAs that I shadowed. Am I required to have them all write me a verification, some were really old so I'd rather have something recent only.

Also, since many of you are getting interviews how many more interview dates are left? I'm afraid I may be a little late. 

It says on their admissions page under Admissions Interview: "Each interview will be conducted over a one-day period, typically on a Friday. Interview dates are June 26th, July 30th, August 21st, September 4th, and September 18th 2020."

I recently got my invitation for the August 21st date.

On 7/17/2020 at 6:13 PM, Ameer432 said:

I am from Memphis, TN and graduated from Mississippi State University 2 years ago in Biochemistry. I am excited for the interview July 30 and I look forward to meeting all of you.

Congratulations! How did you interview went? Any tips for the interview? How was the set up? Did they let you know when would they be sending out decisions?

16 minutes ago, CMF81 said:

I did too- I was curious about others, sorry you did not get a seat either. One door closes another opens. Shocked as I really felt it went well.  Disappointed my own alma mater did not want me- but pushing forward.  Did you get mention of waitlisted? I did not, confused by that as Kurt clearly said to expect a waitlist at minimum “unless you commit murder” if no seat acceptance.  Not my words😬😉

Yeah, I remember Kurt saying that.  I was at least expecting a waitlist but to be outright rejected was surprising, especially considering Kurt's statement.  I was just told to apply next year, but earlier.  Everyone in the 7/30 interview group seemed like a great candidate for the program too!   The current cycle is still early for interviews so hopefully we hear more offers soon!

13 minutes ago, NOLAPALady said:

@CMF81 @philvpham10 sorry you guys didn't get in. Fingers crossed that you get an opportunity at another program.

Do you have any thoughts on why they decided not to offer a seat or have you followed up with the program for feedback?

I think I let my nerves get to me during the first panel of interviews but thought I did much better during the second portion with Dr. Guevara and Sujatha as I was more familiar with those two faculty members.  I emailed Dr. Guevara for feedback in case I do decide to apply next year and am waiting for a response.  I'm sure she's busy managing the next group of interviews though!

25 minutes ago, CMF81 said:

I kind of felt more nervous in the first one as well, which is likely normal. I also emailed, eager to find out something. I also had the comment about reapplying and earlier (must be generic), which doesn't really get me a lot since I applied the first week of May, but, if it comes to reapplying I will apply 4/30 next year:) I hope good things for you Phil! 

Good luck to you as well, Cailin!  It’s not a matter of “if” but “when”!

• Like 1

@philvpham10 @CMF81 Hi Phil and Cailin! I remember both of you from our 07/30 interview session, and both of you were great! I'm sad that entire group wasn't accepted because it was such a fun mix of people. I got accepted, but I want both of you to know that this was my 5th time applying to PA schools. FIFTH! And I know exactly how both of you are feeling- to go through the rejection process 4 years in a row was incredibly difficult, but rejection actually became my biggest motivator to keep pushing forward and continue to be better and strengthen myself as an applicant in any way. Cailin- I know exactly where you're coming from; I graduated with my Masters at a prestigious health sciences university in my hometown, and even though I literally graduated top of my class, winning some o the highest of awards and accolades, that university didn't even give me an interview to their PA program. I was so surprised, but I know at the end of the day, it's all a part of some bigger plan. And you being a mother is your biggest strength! I've read in prep books that it's looked highly upon mentioning your family and saying how they are your support, so I think you answered exactly how you should've. Phil- nerves are the absolute worst, especially in the beginning of the interview. I felt like that too, but what really helped me is participating in mock interviews beforehand. For any future interviews, try that and I'm positive it will help! You kind of get your nerves out of the way doing mock interviews, and for the real one, you will feel ready! I wish you both the absolute best, I know both your times are coming soon. If you ever feel like giving up, just remember it took me five times! So keep going, you both got this!!! Good luck!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, PA1304 said:

@philvpham10 @CMF81 Hi Phil and Cailin! I remember both of you from our 07/30 interview session, and both of you were great! I'm sad that entire group wasn't accepted because it was such a fun mix of people. I got accepted, but I want both of you to know that this was my 5th time applying to PA schools. FIFTH! And I know exactly how both of you are feeling- to go through the rejection process 4 years in a row was incredibly difficult, but rejection actually became my biggest motivator to keep pushing forward and continue to be better and strengthen myself as an applicant in any way. Cailin- I know exactly where you're coming from; I graduated with my Masters at a prestigious health sciences university in my hometown, and even though I literally graduated top of my class, winning some o the highest of awards and accolades, that university didn't even give me an interview to their PA program. I was so surprised, but I know at the end of the day, it's all a part of some bigger plan. And you being a mother is your biggest strength! I've read in prep books that it's looked highly upon mentioning your family and saying how they are your support, so I think you answered exactly how you should've. Phil- nerves are the absolute worst, especially in the beginning of the interview. I felt like that too, but what really helped me is participating in mock interviews beforehand. For any future interviews, try that and I'm positive it will help! You kind of get your nerves out of the way doing mock interviews, and for the real one, you will feel ready! I wish you both the absolute best, I know both your times are coming soon. If you ever feel like giving up, just remember it took me five times! So keep going, you both got this!!! Good luck!

Such amazing words of encouragement!

I will second the feeling of  whats seems like constant rejection sucks. This is my second year applying, and so far this cycle I have received 3 rejections and have been rejected from my alma mater as well. This process is a long hard road full of ups and downs BUT! I truly believe that we all will end up in a program that is the right place for us at the right time in our lives.