Kansas State University

4 minutes ago, jc6816 said:

Just had my interview today. 
it was virtual. A lot of waiting around for your turn to interview. They definitely record you in the “waiting room” but I’m not sure how much weight interactions there will be weighted. 

Hope you had a good interview. Not sure about the "waiting room". Were you interviewed all together but take turns? How did you feel about the interview.?

18 hours ago, iyo1789 said:

Hope you had a good interview. Not sure about the "waiting room". Were you interviewed all together but take turns? How did you feel about the interview.?

Thank you! It’s always so hard to tell. 
You have 2 interviews throughout the day. Each is 20-25 minutes. You take turns going into “breakout rooms” on zoom where 3 or 4 faculty interview you.  When you’re not in an interview. You’re conversing with the other applicants separately from those currently interviewing. 
I feel like my first interview was rocky but I felt much more confident in my second interview. And like I mentioned, they record your interactions with the other applicants. 

1 hour ago, jc6816 said:

Thank you! It’s always so hard to tell. 
You have 2 interviews throughout the day. Each is 20-25 minutes. You take turns going into “breakout rooms” on zoom where 3 or 4 faculty interview you.  When you’re not in an interview. You’re conversing with the other applicants separately from those currently interviewing. 
I feel like my first interview was rocky but I felt much more confident in my second interview. And like I mentioned, they record your interactions with the other applicants. 

JC! I hope you get in! You did so well during the group interaction. You were so easy to talk to and genuinely excited to be there. Fingers crossed for you!

3 hours ago, NOLAPALady said:

JC! I hope you get in! You did so well during the group interaction. You were so easy to talk to and genuinely excited to be there. Fingers crossed for you!

Brittany! Thank you so much! Best of luck to you as well! I’m trying not to get my hopes up since this is my second cycle of applications so I know how bad that sting of rejection can be. All we can do is wait now though! 

• Upvote 1

On 8/21/2020 at 7:19 PM, jc6816 said:

Just had my interview today. 
it was virtual. A lot of waiting around for your turn to interview. They definitely record you in the “waiting room” but I’m not sure how much weight interactions there will be weighted. 

I was in that group too.

I don't know how much that weighs in either but I sure was conscious about it after understanding the reality I was being watched the whole time. Hopefully I didn't say anything too dumb. I can't imagine that I did, but you never know. Regardless, It was really nice to meet the whole group!

Edited by ClearlyPixelated
  • Like 1

@jc6816 Yaaasss!!! My fingers are crossed for you too.  Wait-list is not a rejection so there's still a good chance you're going to get in. 

@AjeBaje I'm accepted!! Just hoping everything goes well with the accreditation process bc I don't think I'll be applying to more schools like I originally planned. This entire process is exhausting.

Did you check your email???

Edited by WakadanPA