Kansas State University

26 minutes ago, Ndiroff1 said:

Hey! I'm scheduled for an interview this Friday. I'm nervous too but we're all going to be ok 🙂

Congrats! I barely sent my CASPA in August so I think I might be a little late. I was reading that a lot of you sent it in June. Was the email sent by an individual? Let us know how it goes!

Edited by Lokiandlavette

5 hours ago, Lokiandlavette said:

Congrats! I barely sent my CASPA in August so I think I might be a little late. I was reading that a lot of you sent it in June. Was the email sent by an individual? Let us know how it goes!

I submitted mine in August too and haven't heard back! I am equally as nervous! 

6 hours ago, Lokiandlavette said:

I submitted my CASPA application in June also. But there is still another interview date after mine, so don't give up hope! I received my invitation email from "Kansas State University". Fingers crossed for all of us! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ndiroff1 said:

I submitted my CASPA application in June also. But there is still another interview date after mine, so don't give up hope! I received my invitation email from "Kansas State University". Fingers crossed for all of us! 

Thank you for the encouraging words! I hope we hear from then soon. Also thanks for letting us know which email. I'll be on the lookout (hopefully for good news) 

• Like 1

Hello everyone, 

I have submitted my application on 07/14/20 and I have received an email for an interview invite on 09/18/20 yesterday. However, earlier today I have received another regarding a walk through of the virtual interview as well as a 30 brief 30 minutes essay that will be done a week prior to the interview date. For those of you who have done this walk through session, would you be willing to share the essay portion experience? Was it interview question-like or was it an essay that we have to write regarding a certain topic that will be provided during the day of? Thank you so so much. 

26 minutes ago, Manisethika said:

Hello everyone, 

I have submitted my application on 07/14/20 and I have received an email for an interview invite on 09/18/20 yesterday. However, earlier today I have received another regarding a walk through of the virtual interview as well as a 30 brief 30 minutes essay that will be done a week prior to the interview date. For those of you who have done this walk through session, would you be willing to share the essay portion experience? Was it interview question-like or was it an essay that we have to write regarding a certain topic that will be provided during the day of? Thank you so so much. 

Without going into detail, from my experience the essay leaned more toward an interview question. However, you should prepare for anything. I believe they have a pool of questions they use. 

Is it not a GRE style essay question, if that is your concern. But again , full disclaimer, there are probably several questions they choose from.

Be yourself, have confidence, engage and have fun during the interview process. I think that's the most important thing at this stage.

Good luck! 

8 hours ago, Manisethika said:

@WakadanPAOh no no, I was not asking for the detail; I was just wondering what kind of questions to expect. Thank you so so much for responding. These information is really helpful. And of course, thank you so much for the advises. I really appreciate it!

I would have to respectfully disagree with @WakandanPA. I thought that the skills I honed while shooting for a 5.0+ on the GRE essay portion were exactly transferrable and helped me crush this essay. If you want tips, go watch GregMAT on YouTube. His GRE essay structures and formulaic writing are what I felt gave me an edge.

Edited by ClearlyPixelated

9 hours ago, Manisethika said:

@WakadanPAOh no no, I was not asking for the detail; I was just wondering what kind of questions to expect. Thank you so so much for responding. These information is really helpful. And of course, thank you so much for the advises. I really appreciate it!

I thought it was more similar to an interview-type question but then again, they probably choose from a pool of questions. Regardless of the type of question, you should be able to write a clearly thought out, succinct and structured response. As for the walk-through, as others have mentioned earlier, it was fairly casual. The faculty and candidates introduced themselves followed up by a virtual tour and the essay. My walkthrough day lasted about 2.5 hours. Just be yourself and have fun with it! 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ndiroff1 said:

Hey guys, for those interviewing tomorrow, have you received a zoom link or calendar event yet? I haven't received anything. 

Thanks!

Sujatha didn't send our link out until later. However, if you're like me it never did come through and I had to request a link the next morning. What I would do is wait until 7PM or 8PM Central Time and then REPLY directly back in the email that you received from her so that she has a chain of emails to refer to and send through if there is a problem.

8 minutes ago, ClearlyPixelated said:

Sujatha didn't send our link out until later. However, if you're like me it never did come through and I had to request a link the next morning. What I would do is wait until 7PM or 8PM Central Time and then REPLY directly back in the email that you received from her so that she has a chain of emails to refer to and send through if there is a problem.

Ahh ok. Hopefully it comes soon. If not I'll send her an email. Appreciate you letting me know!