Johnson and Wales 2020-2021 Application Cycle

Guest aPpA5
1 hour ago, Mazzzzzzzelous said:

I am also verified. I applied on May 17th and verified that day. I received notification from the JWU portal on Monday that they received my application and will be reviewing it this summer.

How did you get access to the portal? Did they send an email out? Thanks!

4 minutes ago, aPpA5 said:

How did you get access to the portal? Did they send an email out? Thanks!

I don't have access to their portal. I received an email from the portal that said my application had been received in their portal with a reminder about their program requirements for classes, PCE hours. shadowing and 3 LORs.

Then it goes on to say that once my application is verified through CASPA, (which it was), my prerequisite coursework will be reviewed by the admissions team and forwarded for faculty review. They are rolling admissions and begin reviewing applications over the summer and start scheduling interviews in late summer/early fall and continue through March 1.

It's also still 36 seats.

Guest aPpA5
Just now, Mazzzzzzzelous said:

I don't have access to their portal. I received an email from the portal that said my application had been received in their portal with a reminder about their program requirements for classes, PCE hours. shadowing and 3 LORs.

Then it goes on to say that once my application is verified through CASPA, (which it was), my prerequisite coursework will be reviewed by the admissions team and forwarded for faculty review. They are rolling admissions and begin reviewing applications over the summer and start scheduling interviews in late summer/early fall and continue through March 1.

It's also still 36 seats.

ok! Thanks for the clarification! I believe I got the same email as well! Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest aPpA5

I got this email the day after I applied (5/14)

"Thank you for applying to the Physician Assistant Studies program at Johnson & WalesUniversity, your application has been received in our portal!

As a reminder, our program requirements are listed below;

Two Biology classes with labs (8 credits total)  Microbiology preferred

Two Chemistry classes with labs (8 credits total)

Two Anatomy /Physiology classes with labs (8 credits total and completed within the past 7 years)

Two (6 credits total) Behavioral Science courses (Psychology preferred, Sociology is acceptable as well) 

One College level math (3 credits) Statistics preferred

Minimum of 250 Direct Patient Care Hours 

PA Shadowing (no minimum number of hours but some experience shadowing a PA is required)

3 Letters of Recommendations 

Once your application has been verified through CASPA, your prerequisite coursework will be reviewed by our admissions team and then forwarded for faculty review.  

Our program participates in rolling admissions.  We begin reviewing applications over the summer and start scheduling our interviews in late summer/early fall.  Interviews typically continue through our March 1 deadline.  We will be interviewing to fill 36 seats for the June 2021 start and are continuously monitoring the flow and quality of applications.  Due to our careful analysis, many times candidates will not hear back from us with a decision until the end of the cycle.  Your patience is greatly appreciated!  

Thank you for your interest in our program.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.  

Best,

Katie Spolidoro 
Admissions, Center for Physician Assistant Studies"

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, lillie said:

Does anyone know around what time they typically send out interview invites? And/or how the interviews are usually laid out? Obviously this could all change due to covid but just curious 

As far as interview invites, they will probably go out anytime between the end of July and early August. The email confirmation states they won't do it until late summer. Historically, that has been the timeline. As far as interview layout - hopefully in person since we are doing so well  here!

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, stephnie said:

Hey guys, when it asks to list reasons for applying in the program materials section, did you actually list them like bullet points or write a brief statement? The 9999 character limit just confuses me. Thanks and good luck!

I wrote paragraph form, not bullets. I was pretty concise, def didn't use the limit

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...