Johnson and Wales 2020-2021 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, ELindaP said:

I just got an interview as well! It is on September 1st. 

Same! When you replied to the interview invite, did you write a new email to Katie or did you reply to the webadmit address? I just want to make sure I replied to the correct email confirming my interview. Thanks and congrats! 

4 hours ago, MRGRFull said:

Same! When you replied to the interview invite, did you write a new email to Katie or did you reply to the webadmit address? I just want to make sure I replied to the correct email confirming my interview. Thanks and congrats! 

I responded directly back to the email and it included Katie's email. Congrats on getting an interview and best of luck:)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am anxiously awaiting an invitation to interview! J&W is my top school - the only worry I have is that they're on probation for their accreditation. For those who have been accepted or have also applied with this school as their top, I was hoping you could help ease my mind? They are up for review in Sept 2021, so what would happen to our cycle if they lose it?

Edited by smarisa

54 minutes ago, smarisa said:

I am anxiously awaiting an invitation to interview! J&W is my top school - the only worry I have is that they're on probation for their accreditation. For those who have been accepted or have also applied with this school as their top, I was hoping you could help ease my mind? They are up for review in Sept 2021, so what would happen to our cycle if they lose it?

If they lost accreditation after you started attending, your class would still graduate. Also, as long as the program was accredited when you matriculated, you are still eligible to sit for the PANCE.

1 hour ago, smarisa said:

I spoke with them last year during an info session and the reason they are on probation basically comes down to paperwork. Every school has to meet compliance standards so when they go on probation it's typically because of a paperwork issue. I guess you think of it like an audit, and something was missing or not up to par in the paperwork or the data, etc. It's not because of something egregious. Living in the area, and knowing people who have gone through the program, the education at JWU is excellent. So their probation status is not due to something bad, but schools have to follow those guidelines and they missed something. I wouldn't worry at all.

• Like 1

I am anxiously awaiting an invite from them as well. This is the school I want to go to. I am not the most competitive student, but I am well rounded and have tons of experience in various areas that others won't likely have. What I found odd was only 2 people in this group mentioned they received interview invites. Either there aren't a lot of members in this group or they sent out very few invites the first time around, which I guess would make sense if they are doing them in person and limiting the amount of people they bring on site to meet. Can anyone confirm how they are conducting interviews?

So I am really hoping to receive an interview invite in the next round!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Mazzzzzzzelous said:

I am anxiously awaiting an invite from them as well. This is the school I want to go to. I am not the most competitive student, but I am well rounded and have tons of experience in various areas that others won't likely have. What I found odd was only 2 people in this group mentioned they received interview invites. Either there aren't a lot of members in this group or they sent out very few invites the first time around, which I guess would make sense if they are doing them in person and limiting the amount of people they bring on site to meet. Can anyone confirm how they are conducting interviews?

So I am really hoping to receive an interview invite in the next round!

hey! I also received an interview invite for 9/1 and was accepted. the interview was done virtually. best of luck to you and hope you hear something soon 🙂 

• Like 1