2020-2021 Application Cycle

Got the email confirmation this morning that I passed initial requirements screening and am being passed on to faculty for review. I know my chances are pretty slim given I didn’t apply until October, but I thought it’s really nice of them that they send you this type of update. 🙂 Not all programs do that. 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2020 at 9:19 AM, alysd said:

Got the email confirmation this morning that I passed initial requirements screening and am being passed on to faculty for review. I know my chances are pretty slim given I didn’t apply until October, but I thought it’s really nice of them that they send you this type of update. 🙂 Not all programs do that. 

I'm in the same boat as you! I applied in August, which ALREADY felt really late, but then they told me my undergrad Lit classes didn't count towards the Composition prereq so I had to take a Writing class and my application didn't go into faculty review until the class was done -- it JUST finished 3 days ago, so its basically as if I applied in late October instead of early August. Sigh.... So I'm right there with you! Trying to remain hopeful! (for what it's worth, I selected Seattle & Kona, so fingers crossed) 

Good luck!

I got an interview for the Kona campus last week, however I’ve already been accepted into another program. I just gave up my slot. So excited to finally have a program in Hawai’i but the timing just didn’t make sense. Hoping it goes out to someone waiting for an interview ❤️ 

• Like 5

On 11/13/2020 at 6:19 PM, kbrad said:

Does anyone know how many people they interview? I got an invitation to interview and I’m trying to figure out the likelihood of getting in at this point 😅

I interviewed at Seattle on 9/25  and got accepted. We had around 30 people on our Zoom interview and I think around 17 people were accepted and it looks like its around the same numbers for the November interview as well. 
Good luck! If you have been invited to interview then they like what they see in yoru application, it's all down to your interview now so you stand a good chance. Give it your best! Good luck!

• Like 1