Jump to content

2020-2021 Application Cycle


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, MackenzieB said:

applied last round and interviewed at Tacoma. was unfortunately waitlisted. submitted my application 5/13, best of luck everyone!

If you don't mind, what are your stats? What do you think was the biggest contributor to getting an interview?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Reuvan said:

If you don't mind, what are your stats? What do you think was the biggest contributor to getting an interview?

Overall GPA: 3.6

sGPA: 3.45

experience: 5000 hrs between scribing and CNA

I think essay responses highlighting my work/volunteer experience in different settings and connection to WWAMI (I work in WA) were biggest factors 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, MackenzieB said:

Overall GPA: 3.6

sGPA: 3.45

experience: 5000 hrs between scribing and CNA

I think essay responses highlighting my work/volunteer experience in different settings and connection to WWAMI (I work in WA) were biggest factors 

Thank you for this information. Good luck this round!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest wildalaska

Submitted supplemental to UW on May 3rd, submitted CASPA to UW on May 11th, verified the same day. Submitted update to supplemental for a new question added at the request of UW on May 19th. Haven't heard anything since!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Reuvan said:

Nice getting in there early. I submitted my supplemental yesterday, got an email confirming the submission but haven't got a complete confirmation. MackenzieB  thanks for the info, what was your GRE score by chance? Hopefully you'll get another interview this year.  

Thanks!! I scored a 304 on the GRE. Something to note they did place a lot a lot of emphasis on accepting reapplicants at Tacoma at least, but I did meet a few first timers that were accepted as well. Best of luck everyone!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, LisaS said:

Hi All, 

I got in this last round. Anchorage class 12 staring in a few weeks. I am happy to answer questions. 

Congrats. Thanks for the offer. What was the interview process like, and what did you think you did that got you accepted?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi everyone!

I am a first time applicant and live in WA. I am going back a forth between choosing Tacoma as my first choice location or Seattle. On one hand Tacoma has a smaller class size and from the info session, it was mentioned that Tacoma is more family oriented and has more one on one time with professors which sounds great. But I am wondering if I am putting myself at a disadvantage by putting Tacoma as my first choice when it is a smaller class and they accept more reapplicants/veterans in there class compared to Seattle. Does anyone have any insight?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest wildalaska
3 hours ago, LisaS said:

Hi All, 

I got in this last round. Anchorage class 12 staring in a few weeks. I am happy to answer questions. 

Awesome! I lived in Fairbanks for 3.5 years, and chose Anchorage as my second campus preference. How was the interview there?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/27/2020 at 5:39 PM, Reuvan said:

Congrats. Thanks for the offer. What was the interview process like, and what did you think you did that got you accepted?

The interview process was stressful, but also fun (at least for me). All of the questions were about getting to know us as individuals, no academic questions. I believe my persistence played a part. I applies 3 times and interviewed twice. I took steps after each rejection to improve areas where I was lacking both academically and professionally. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/27/2020 at 7:49 PM, wildalaska said:

Awesome! I lived in Fairbanks for 3.5 years, and chose Anchorage as my second campus preference. How was the interview there?

We have several folks from Fairbanks in our class starting in June. I interviewed 2 years in a row. Both times it was stressful, but also fun. It is a full day, they provide lunch. Three group interviews with 2 interviewers, and groups of 3 candidates. First interview is get to know you, second had a ethical focus, and third was more of a hot seat, to see what your made of. There are also Q & A sessions with current students, and the admissions team, and a group activities. 

Feel free to PM me, or email spin0068@gmail.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest wildalaska

Did anyone submit their supplemental application early, and then get a few emails about an additional question the program added to the supplemental? At first, they asked us to edit our supplemental application (which we can't do), so they sent a second email asking to send our answer "directly to them". I replied to this email with my answer on May 19th, but have not heard back from them. Should I have sent a separate email? Am I overthinking it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wildalaska said:

Did anyone submit their supplemental application early, and then get a few emails about an additional question the program added to the supplemental? At first, they asked us to edit our supplemental application (which we can't do), so they sent a second email asking to send our answer "directly to them". I replied to this email with my answer on May 19th, but have not heard back from them. Should I have sent a separate email? Am I overthinking it?

I would shoot them an email asking them to confirm if they received your supplemental via email. I know they have a lot going on, so follow ups can be delayed sometimes. Completely appropriate to confirm they received a part of your application, if you did not received verification.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest wildalaska
39 minutes ago, marigold47 said:

@wildalaska I similarly submitted the supplemental application before they added the additional question. I sent them an email with my answer to the question, then a few days later followed up to confirm my answer was added to my application. They were fine with it!

Awesome! I'll definitely shoot them a quick email.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While we're on the topic of the supplemental app, what are some good examples to put in the section talking about Family Practice/Primary care? This area also talks about Rural and Under-served populations. I have experience in rural and under-served, but as an athletic trainer working in athletics and physical therapy, not primary care. Trying to decide if coordinating large scale pre-participation exams in this area would count. I do not have it as PCE on CASPA, it is listed as HCE. What experiences did you all report here?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest wildalaska
19 hours ago, MDalpias said:

While we're on the topic of the supplemental app, what are some good examples to put in the section talking about Family Practice/Primary care? This area also talks about Rural and Under-served populations. I have experience in rural and under-served, but as an athletic trainer working in athletics and physical therapy, not primary care. Trying to decide if coordinating large scale pre-participation exams in this area would count. I do not have it as PCE on CASPA, it is listed as HCE. What experiences did you all report here?

Specifically for primary care experience, I listed my experience as a medical assistant in an outpatient internal medicine clinic, and my time in the clinic working with a PA while I was an Army medic. I don't have any rural/underserved population experience, unfortunately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to jump on here as this forum was a HUGE help and great resource for me the two cycles I applied.

I was accepted to Seattle campus for 2020 (starting Monday) and would love to answer any questions you may have.

 

For those still chucking away at essays, keep going, keep breathing, really let your personality shine. For those submitted, kick back and let the waiting game begin. 

 

Best of luck to you all!

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More