2020-2021 Application Cycle

I applied last year and interviewed in December at the Tacoma campus. I submitted my full CASPA application the last week of August and received an interview invite in October for a December date. My timeline for this year is:

June 6th- CASPA Application submitted

June 8th- Supplemental application submitted

June 18th- JST military transcripts and DD-214 submitted (this completed my full application)

July 8th- Application sent to full faculty review

I know the timelines are not going to be the same for everyone, so please don't get discouraged if you haven't heard anything. They really do have a ton of applicants each cycle, so keep your thoughts positive. I had a REALLY great time last year in my interview and meeting the other candidates. I hope I am lucky enough to get another interview this year. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MDalpias said:

When did you all apply and how long did it take? My app will go in tomorrow (new volunteer experience started today), thinking 2 weeks for CASPA verification, my supplemental is already in. 

I submitted my CASPA application 5/13 and it was verified 5/14, and then submitted the supplemental application on 5/21.  Received an email on 6/4 that I had satisfied the academic and clinical prereqs, but that they needed my GRE scores sent to a different code.  Received an email 6/9 that they had my scores and that my app would be moved forward to full faculty review.  Then I got the email today saying "criteria met, you'll get another update when the final review is complete."

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2020 at 6:22 AM, LNK21 said:

8/1 is the deadline for the CASPA application. 9/1 is for the deadline for their supplemental application.

Thanks! Do you know if the GRE scores need to be received by 8/1 deadline? I emailed them but they won’t get back to me for another 7-10 days.

On 6/26/2020 at 11:59 AM, kellspi said:

Hi all! Hopeful MEDEX PA student here! any other applicants with Kona as their top choice? 

Me! Just got my minimum requirements email today (submitted 7/10). I grew up on Oahu and studied on the mainland for college. So stoked for the Kona campus option! 

On 7/20/2020 at 9:51 AM, roadtomed said:

Thanks! Do you know if the GRE scores need to be received by 8/1 deadline? I emailed them but they won’t get back to me for another 7-10 days.

Hey roadtomed,

I just checked the MEDEX website and it states both the CASPA application and the Supplemental have the same deadline of 9/1 for this application cycle. My CASPA app showed a deadline of 9/1 also, so I am not sure why yours is showing a deadline if 8/1? Sometimes MEDEX does extend the supplemental app deadline, but they will notify on their website if that happens.

Hi everyone,

I am a first year student at MEDEX and just wanted to offer myself as a resource to all of you aspiring PA-S people! I relied on this forum a lot during my application and interview process and would be happy to share my experience with anyone who might have questions. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Guest wildalaska

I applied to Seattle as my first campus choice, and Anchorage as my second campus choice. I was stationed in Alaska in the Army so that’s my connection to the area.

I got an email from MEDEX today asking if I would like to switch my campus preferences and make Anchorage number one and Seattle number two. I’m wondering if this means they think I would be competitive for the Anchorage campus more so than Seattle?

Either way, it’s a tough decision. I’d love to go to either campus...

7 minutes ago, wildalaska said:

I applied to Seattle as my first campus choice, and Anchorage as my second campus choice. I was stationed in Alaska in the Army so that’s my connection to the area.

I got an email from MEDEX today asking if I would like to switch my campus preferences and make Anchorage number one and Seattle number two. I’m wondering if this means they think I would be competitive for the Anchorage campus more so than Seattle?

I would take that as a great sign!!  How exciting!

5 hours ago, wildalaska said:

It sounds like you are an applicant they are closely considering either way, yay! But my guess wouldn't be competitive wise, but rather they are nudging you to Alaska because they like that you have a good connection there. 

Plus isn't their system yes or no, and then they just honor your top choice if there are seats left? Then offer the second if not? Not like "well, there are so many applicants already for Seattle so no interview for him at all."

On 8/6/2020 at 1:51 PM, anjella said:

Hi everyone, 

I was wondering how you approached the supplementals? Also, it's already august 6th... is there any PA-S that applied late into the cycle that was accepted?? 

Process is taking longer than intended.. Thanks!

I'm right there with you! Definitely taking longer than I'd like to complete the supplemental - my goal is to have it in this weekend. Glad to know I'm not alone. I've seen in previous threads/years that students who submitted right up to the deadline still got interviews and accepted so it's not impossible, but certainly not ideal. Best of luck to you!!

19 hours ago, JessicaPortlandOR said:

I'm right there with you! Definitely taking longer than I'd like to complete the supplemental - my goal is to have it in this weekend. Glad to know I'm not alone. I've seen in previous threads/years that students who submitted right up to the deadline still got interviews and accepted so it's not impossible, but certainly not ideal. Best of luck to you!!

I am also just about to apply next week! Glad we are all in the same boat!

• Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 3:35 PM, wildalaska said:

Pretty sure we applied to all the same schools--I see you on all the forums I'm checking lol. But I also chose Seattle/Alaska as my 1/2 choices and they asked me the same thing (I have family in AK). I tried REALLY hard not to read too much into it and responded that because of my network in Seattle, I would prefer to keep Seattle as my first choice. It was hard not to think they thought I'd be more competitive at AK. I think Emily5771 is correct about their method though!

Definitely a tough choice. Either would be incredible!

Guest wildalaska
13 minutes ago, NYres said:

Pretty sure we applied to all the same schools--I see you on all the forums I'm checking lol. But I also chose Seattle/Alaska as my 1/2 choices and they asked me the same thing (I have family in AK). I tried REALLY hard not to read too much into it and responded that because of my network in Seattle, I would prefer to keep Seattle as my first choice. It was hard not to think they thought I'd be more competitive at AK. I think Emily5771 is correct about their method though!

Definitely a tough choice. Either would be incredible!

That’s awesome!! I ended up emailing them this morning with the same decision after thinking about it over the weekend! It’s hard not to read into it too much haha!

On 8/8/2020 at 8:11 PM, TaylorS3 said:

I am also just about to apply next week! Glad we are all in the same boat!

On 8/8/2020 at 12:59 AM, JessicaPortlandOR said:

My people! I'm currently finishing up my supplemental app too, and hoping to get it in before the weekend. I did submit my CASPA late last week so it's verified. So much personal crap has come up and I had originally intended to submit right when CASPA opened... yet here I am.

So glad to know I'm not alone here. 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stinacs said:

On August 4th I received an email from the MEDEX program stating they are extending their application deadline to Nov 1st and the all GRE scores, while recommend, are not required for the 2020-2021 cycle.

Did anyone else receive the same email? 

I also received this email. Upon follow up it mainly applies to people who have already submitted but have incomplete files (I'm still finishing a class). They also stated that this adjustment will not affect the interview timeline, they will still begin in September, so it is still in your best interest to complete all needed requirements as soon as possible. Direct quote from their follow-up email "However, we still strongly recommend applying early since there are less spots available in the program the further along we get in our interview season"