2020-2021 Application Cycle

19 hours ago, pseudonym said:

I just got an invite to interview for the Seattle campus on 11/7!!

I'm so overwhelmed - I've been working toward this for so long!! 

There is hope for non-traditional students with less-than-stellar undergraduate performance. Keep on trucking out there, folks! 😊

For those who are curious on my timeline: I submitted to CASPA on 5/12 and secondary on 5/26. Confirmed by MEDEX on July 8th. 

Congratulations! 🥳 Hard work pays off! 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, PAgehopeful said:

Just received an invitation to interview for the Seattle campus on 11/7! So excited and hopefully we can do a zoom meeting before for the November interviews!!

My timeline: Submitted 8/1, moved on to faculty review 8/18!

Congratulations! I am interviewing that day as well 🙂 What day would work best for a zoom get together? I’m happy to set it up! Looking forward to meeting everyone! 

Edited by LNNDIOSA

11 hours ago, ellieg said:

Does anyone know how many seats are filled in the Kona (and Seattle) location? I just found out about this school when I attended an info session and this seems like an amazing school! I really want to apply, but I just want to know how slim my odds are if I apply this week! Thanks!

Hi! The application is due 11/1 so I think that there's still time to get your application submitted. While I don't know how slim your odds are, I do know that your chances are higher if you shoot your shot! If anything, you'll be more prepared going into the next cycle 🙂

From their website, it seems that MEDEX accepted 132 students in the 2019 cycle (source: https://depts.washington.edu/medex/pa-program/program-statistics/)

I interviewed with Seattle last year and I recall that the Kona class had a smaller class size and Seattle had a larger one in comparison. Sorry I don't remember exact numbers but if you review last year's threads, maybe you could gather information from prior applicants. Best of luck to you! 

• Like 1

Hi All!

Would anyone mind giving insight into how soon after your app went into review did you receive your interview invite?

I'm slightly discouraged because I had everything submitted in June but was pending an English course and had a mixup with the transcript being sent so I just received an email today that my app was complete and going to review.

Keeping my fingers crossed and my hopes up!

Good luck to all interviewees, sending all the good vibes!

On 9/27/2020 at 9:55 PM, ellieg said:

Does anyone know how many seats are filled in the Kona (and Seattle) location? I just found out about this school when I attended an info session and this seems like an amazing school! I really want to apply, but I just want to know how slim my odds are if I apply this week! Thanks!

Hi there!! 

I am a current didactic student in Seattle and I will say Kona has 18 students and Seattle has 47. I do think invites are all extended for the 3 interview dates and they did not have any additional for Seattle last year so I'm not sure it is worth the money to submit. Feel free to reach out with other questions!

Michelle

• Like 1

On 9/30/2020 at 3:33 PM, Mhpa2020 said:

Hi All!

Would anyone mind giving insight into how soon after your app went into review did you receive your interview invite?

I'm slightly discouraged because I had everything submitted in June but was pending an English course and had a mixup with the transcript being sent so I just received an email today that my app was complete and going to review.

Keeping my fingers crossed and my hopes up!

Good luck to all interviewees, sending all the good vibes!

Hello! I also submitted pretty early (early June) and had an issue with an English prerequisite so mine wasn't forwarded to faculty review until the end of August. I received an invitation to interview mid-September. Fingers crossed you'll have the same luck 🙂

On 9/29/2020 at 11:23 PM, Irisyoo said:

So after the interview how soon do we hear back? Anyone with experience whether it was a rejection, waitlist or acceptance?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi there,

When I interviewed last year (Spokane 10/19/19) the students who were accepted knew within a week after the interview. I unfortunately was not offered a spot. I believe I was officially notified of my rejection early December. I am not entirely sure how MEDEX's wait list works but I do believe students are notified if they are wait listed. Hope this helps!

8 hours ago, MDalpias said:

SO EXCITED for all of you accepted folks! Now that Tacoma has some seats filled I'm hoping they'll do invites for the next interview soon! My LATE application is still sitting in faculty review limbo. Maybe that will change soon 🙂 The waiting is not easy!

So what you’re saying is all this so far has just been the first round? So there’s still a a chance? I’ve been waiting for months now for a reply 😞 

7 hours ago, Voxpa989 said:

So what you’re saying is all this so far has just been the first round? So there’s still a a chance? I’ve been waiting for months now for a reply 😞 

Their website and the history on this forum show that there are additional interviews to come. Usually there is a Tacoma interview in December. Anecdotal research show that most seats will go out in the first round of interviews, but there are usually some folks accepted in the later interviews.