2020-2021 Application Cycle

On 8/26/2020 at 3:19 PM, gavnj said:

I received an "Application Criteria Not Met" email, stating that I don't meet the English Composition requirements. I took two strong Literature courses that both meet MEDEX's description of a "Competitive English Course", so I'm confused. I appealed, sent course descriptions, but I'm starting to get worried. 

Anyone else have this or a similar issue? 

Late but just in case anybody is in the same boat I received that email and appealed. I have taken 3 English courses (two composition and one literature) but one of my composition was Pass/No Pass (thanks to the professor giving a lecture persuading innocent freshman to take it this way instead of the default graded and my gullible self listened to her). Anyways my university does things differently where we take the first English composition course that is not assigned to the english department so I gave them detailed information about that, along with the second quarter composition course under the actual english department and my english literature courses taken and my appeal was successful. If you do get that email, the decision can be appealed even if the course is English literature not composition as long as you prove there was an essay component to your course. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDalpias said:

My final transcript was finally reviewed and I got sent on to faculty review. Anyone else have an absurd fear that they wouldn’t make it to review and NO ONE would read their essays? After working so hard on them I’d be devastated to not have them read! Good luck all! 

My fear 24/7! I am trying to just trust the process... as hard as it is.

A little late update BUT!! I was offered an interview for 10/10 7:30am virtual through Zoom at TACOMA! 
I got the email August 21st. 

for all those still waiting I wish you guys the best luck! We are in this together. If anyone wants to meet up just to chat hit me up! 
A PA I shadowed who graduated from MEDEX told me getting along with other interviewers was probably the most important thing, getting along with others and I think best way to do that is getting to know each other before hand so we aren’t as nervous!!  

• Like 2

On 9/11/2020 at 7:49 PM, wildalaska said:

Just received an interview invite for Saturday, October 17th for their class in Anchorage!

6 hours ago, Rmast said:

Received an interview invite for the Anchorage campus 10/17! 

Me too! Looking forward to meeting you both there! I’d be interested in google meeting others who will be at the interview prior, to prep if there’s interest 😊

• Upvote 1

On 9/12/2020 at 8:25 AM, Voxpa989 said:

Do we know if rejections will be sent my email or mail? Still haven’t heard anything and I’m starting to wonder if I was just rejected and they aren’t going to contact me. 

Hoping for another round of emails for Seattle and Tacoma 😞

Don't be discouraged! Each campus typically does two interviews; one in the fall and one in the winter. There's still a chance you could get invited to interview! :)

• Upvote 2

On 9/17/2020 at 10:26 PM, Mhpa2020 said:

Has anyone gotten an interview with a transcript still pending or will they only invite once they receive final transcript from a single missing prerequisite? Thanks and congrats to all the interviewees!

They will not offer interviews until all requirements are met, including all transcripts submitted. The faculty review process includes reviewing transcripts. 

I just got an invite to interview for the Seattle campus on 11/7!!

I'm so overwhelmed - I've been working toward this for so long!! 

There is hope for non-traditional students with less-than-stellar undergraduate performance. Keep on trucking out there, folks! 😊

For those who are curious on my timeline: I submitted to CASPA on 5/12 and secondary on 5/26. Confirmed by MEDEX on July 8th. 

Edited by pseudonym
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, PAgehopeful said:

Just received an invitation to interview for the Seattle campus on 11/7! So excited and hopefully we can do a zoom meeting before for the November interviews!!

My timeline: Submitted 8/1, moved on to faculty review 8/18!

I will be interviewing 11/7 also and would love to connect with you and others before also! 🙂 

• Like 3

Hi everyone, just want to confirm that no Hawai’i interviews have come out yet. I know this is usually the last interview, but I saw some Alaska invites (which are traditionally conducted later in the cycle) and got hopeful. If anyone has info on the Hawai’i applications I’d love to hear it ❤️ 

• Like 1