University of Utah 2020-21 Application cycle!

1 hour ago, thehopefulpa said:

Good luck to you as well! It’s definitely starting to feel more real and I’m getting nervous. 

I know!  I feel confident that at this point I’ve done everything I can on my end. Now it’s just up to them to decide if I’m a good grit for their program.  I think I’m more anxious for the written test than the interviews. I can’t wait to hear more about the program and actually speak with people about why I’m doing what I’m doing and why I want to go to the U. Well, at least speak with people who WANT to know. Ha ha. I tend to get way too excited when I talk about this journey. 

I just finished taking the exam (downside of having to work and be on call the whole day 😅) and obviously can’t share the content of the exam, but I honestly didn’t think it was too bad. I haven’t taken anatomy/physiology in 5 years and was able to logically think my way through a majority of questions I didn’t know the answer to just based on med terms. It’s really not bad so hopefully that puts some nerves at ease. Good luck everyone! 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, AJolley said:

I just finished taking the exam (downside of having to work and be on call the whole day 😅) and obviously can’t share the content of the exam, but I honestly didn’t think it was too bad. I haven’t taken anatomy/physiology in 5 years and was able to logically think my way through a majority of questions I didn’t know the answer to just based on med terms. It’s really not bad so hopefully that puts some nerves at ease. Good luck everyone! 

This is great to hear!! Thank you kindly! 

For anyone who was waitlisted for an interview...Currently a second year student at the U.  I was called the morning of their last day of interviews, was able to attend the interview and was accepted pretty quickly after. Doris told me it happens almost every year where she might call the morning of or night before interviews. Hold onto hope! 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, smithhk said:

For anyone who was waitlisted for an interview...Currently a second year student at the U.  I was called the morning of their last day of interviews, was able to attend the interview and was accepted pretty quickly after. Doris told me it happens almost every year where she might call the morning of or night before interviews. Hold onto hope! 

Very sweet of you to reach out and give others hope! I interview the last day (nov 20). Any words of advice? I appreciate it :) And good luck with clinicals, the PANCE in the near future, and in your career as a PA! Congrats on making into such an incredible program :)

3 minutes ago, EmilyJean said:

Very sweet of you to reach out and give others hope! I interview the last day (nov 20). Any words of advice? I appreciate it 🙂 And good luck with clinicals, the PANCE in the near future, and in your career as a PA! Congrats on making into such an incredible program 🙂

In interviews just be yourself. Sounds so cliche but honestly, don't try and give them the answers you think they want to hear. The faculty just wants to make sure you are gonna be a good person who cares about patients like they do. By the way faculty is amazing!!! And thank you! Good luck! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smithhk said:

I’m currently on the waitlist, and I really appreciate you posting this! 

4 minutes ago, PaLiz2021 said:

Thanks!!!! I’m super excited about tomorrow. I can’t wait to meet the professors and students. Good luck to everyone. I hope we get to “interact” a bit with other over zoom. 

Agreed! The thing I was looking forward to most was meeting everyone that I'd be interviewing with, so I hope we get that opportunity to interact. Best of luck!! We have a great day ahead of us. 

8 minutes ago, EmilyJean said:

Good luck gal pal! Hope to get to interact with ya! 🙂 How are you preparing??

awe thanks! same to you!!! I am hoping we can interact, but I think it will be pretty limited since it seems the interviews are all on an individual basis. Maybe during the morning q&a. 

I have not been doing to much prep since I have had a few and feel pretty good so far. I am however stressing about this test. I know folks have said not to stress and it's not bad, but I haven't taken my A&P in 2 years so I am a bit worried. It's the fear of the unknown right. LOL. What about you? 

4 minutes ago, HMcConney said:

awe thanks! same to you!!! I am hoping we can interact, but I think it will be pretty limited since it seems the interviews are all on an individual basis. Maybe during the morning q&a. 

I have not been doing to much prep since I have had a few and feel pretty good so far. I am however stressing about this test. I know folks have said not to stress and it's not bad, but I haven't taken my A&P in 2 years so I am a bit worried. It's the fear of the unknown right. LOL. What about you? 

Yeah I’ve been told not to worry too much about it. I’ve just been superficially reviewing each system. 

On 11/8/2020 at 5:17 PM, EmilyJean said:

Any words of advice? I interview nov 20th. Good luck to all :)! 

I interviewed yesterday! I know everyone says “just be yourself” and you kind of roll your eyes at that (at least I did) but it’s actually really good advice. I really got the impression in each interview that they wanted to get to know you both as a person but also as a future colleague. The best advice I got from a former student was know your whys. Why PA? Why UPAP? 

Good luck everyone! One way or another we should all know come thanksgiving!