University of Utah 2020-21 Application cycle!

I just received my invitation to interview. I was freaking out because others received theirs on Friday and I thought I was out of luck for this cycle. I will be interviewing on 11/9. I have worked for the U for 3 years now and have so much respect for their school of medicine and their entire operation. Hoping for the best, good luck to everyone. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, HMcConney said:

So... curious... what is everyone goin going to do to study? I pulled out all of my lecture notes and books from my A&P. There are so many options out on YouTube. Just figured I would ask 🙂

I am using a software called Visible Body Courseware. It’s an interactive dissection tool. It’s super neat! 

On 10/20/2020 at 8:26 AM, rpop2019 said:

Does anyone know how many people they typically take on the interview waitlist and how likely it is that they'll get pulled off of it? 🙂 

Also congrats to everyone who got interviews! Wish you guys all the best!! 

I'm sorry, I don't have an answer for you.  I just wanted to wish you good luck!  I hope you called off the wait list!!!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, AJolley said:

Just curious what people chose for their campus preference. I live in the Salt Lake area so I listed that as my preferred location but that I was willing to go to the St George campus. 

SLC. I live in the Heber Valley and my husband has an established career close by.  Our kids are all settled here in various schools. I don’t want to disrupt that if I can avoid it. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, AJolley said:

Just curious what people chose for their campus preference. I live in the Salt Lake area so I listed that as my preferred location but that I was willing to go to the St George campus. 

I live in Layton, husband and kids are settled here but I said I would take either location. If I get accepted to st. George I’ll move for didactic and hopefully they will work with us on clinic rotations and I can come back home... I am good either way though! It’s the U!!! 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaLiz2021 said:

For those of us who have children and are interviewing by zoom, where are you planning on being for the interview?  Home?  I’m worried my kids will barge in even if they know I’m interviewing.  Or if the dog barks. 

I was thinking of maybe trying a library but they are still closed for covid. 

I have been putting the dogs in our deck and then kicking the kids out either to a friends or making my husband take them somewhere.