University of Utah 2020-21 Application cycle!

5 hours ago, PaLiz2021 said:

Has anyone who sent in their acceptance for an interview received anything back?  

So, kind of strange… I actually received an invitation with the first round that went out. Then when they sent the second round out I also received an invitation to interview. I responded to Rachel when I got my first email and then I responded to Doris when I got the second email. Rachel responded to my initial email and confirmed receipt of my email but Doris did not…

1 hour ago, HMcConney said:

So, kind of strange… I actually received an invitation with the first round that went out. Then when they sent the second round out I also received an invitation to interview. I responded to Rachel when I got my first email and then I responded to Doris when I got the second email. Rachel responded to my initial email and confirmed receipt of my email but Doris did not…

Super weird!! I’d call them or email them to see which date you’re supposed to attend!! They just must REALLY want to meet you! Haha 

Edited by MedicineMom

4 hours ago, HMcConney said:

I had the same thing happen, but with two different dates. I sent an email to Rachel saying that I was fine with either date just to play it safe but I ended up getting an email from Doris the next day clarifying the error and saying that my date was for 11/13. Rachel did also confirm my accepting the invitation so I think I'm good?

12 hours ago, ozelaya said:

I had the same thing happen, but with two different dates. I sent an email to Rachel saying that I was fine with either date just to play it safe but I ended up getting an email from Doris the next day clarifying the error and saying that my date was for 11/13. Rachel did also confirm my accepting the invitation so I think I'm good?

Yeah I am sure you are totally fine! It is crazy though...

Just an FYI I spoke to a former and current student recently. They told me the A and P exam score doesn't really effect the application process. It is really just to gauge where the incoming class is as far as content. 

I'm still going to review for it but it eased my stressed out little heart. 

22 hours ago, PaLiz2021 said:

For those of us who have children and are interviewing by zoom, where are you planning on being for the interview?  Home?  I’m worried my kids will barge in even if they know I’m interviewing.  Or if the dog barks. 

I was thinking of maybe trying a library but they are still closed for covid. 

Are you currently taking classes or still enrolled in college perhaps? My academic advisor communicated to me that she'd arrange for us to have a classroom or office for interviews if we needed it. Maybe that could be an option to look into. 

Hi everybody,

I'm Eric. I got out of the military in 2019, and since then I've been pursuing the PA profession. I'll be interviewing on Nov 9th. I was really looking forward to meeting everyone in person and hearing your stories, but that doesn't appear to be a possibility given that it will be virtual this year. If you all would like to schedule a Zoom meeting or something so we can get to know each other before the interview, I'd be thrilled to be a part of it!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ericnewcomer said:

Hi everybody,

I'm Eric. I got out of the military in 2019, and since then I've been pursuing the PA profession. I'll be interviewing on Nov 9th. I was really looking forward to meeting everyone in person and hearing your stories, but that doesn't appear to be a possibility given that it will be virtual this year. If you all would like to schedule a Zoom meeting or something so we can get to know each other before the interview, I'd be thrilled to be a part of it!

Hi Eric! I am Heather. I was active for ten years then got out and now I’m in the reserves as a medic and I work at the hospital in the ER. Are you here in Utah? I am on Layton so I am super stoked that I got an invite!!!! I interview on 11/20 so I have just been loosely going over my A&P stuff! Good luck on your interview!!! You will have to post how it went when you are done! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HMcConney said:

Hi Eric! I am Heather. I was active for ten years then got out and now I’m in the reserves as a medic and I work at the hospital in the ER. Are you here in Utah? I am on Layton so I am super stoked that I got an invite!!!! I interview on 11/20 so I have just been loosely going over my A&P stuff! Good luck on your interview!!! You will have to post how it went when you are done! 

Hi Heather! Sweet, that's awesome there's other veterans on here. I haven't seen many other Pre-PA vets where I'm at. I'm also working in an ER at the moment.  But to answer your question, no I live in the Las Vegas area, so I'm pretty excited to have received an invite as well. Best of luck to you as well! 

• Like 1

Guest HoneyBadger555
On 10/23/2020 at 10:26 AM, Samby said:

Just an FYI I spoke to a former and current student recently. They told me the A and P exam score doesn't really effect the application process. It is really just to gauge where the incoming class is as far as content. 

I'm still going to review for it but it eased my stressed out little heart. 

Thanks for the info! Really appreciated this. 

On 10/16/2020 at 5:56 PM, EmilyJean said:

Hey! I received an interview invite today! so excited! Any words of advice regarding the basic anatomy and physiology 150 question exam we have to take??? I would love to review material and feel prepared. Thank you kindly and congrats on making it into an outstanding program. And, you're almost a PA!!!! whoot whoot!!

Congratulations! It's a very basic test, I didn't review much but I had my old anatomy textbook from college so I used that. I went over each system briefly. I wouldn't worry too much about it though. If you have plenty of healthcare experience you should be fine! 

1 minute ago, latinaPA said:

Congratulations! It's a very basic test, I didn't review much but I had my old anatomy textbook from college so I used that. I went over each system briefly. I wouldn't worry too much about it though. If you have plenty of healthcare experience you should be fine! 

1 minute ago, latinaPA said:

Hey! Thank you so very much!! I appreciate this! 

1 hour ago, SAS95 said:

Does anyone know what type of interview style they use? traditional/MMI/group/situational interviews?

1 hour ago, SAS95 said:

Does anyone know what type of interview style they use? traditional/MMI/group/situational interviews?

In the past it’s been MMI. But because of covid it’s 3 separate 30 minute interviews with an admissions committee member from what I understood from the email. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PaLiz2021 said:

Has anyone who is interviewing on the 9th received any further information today?  

21 hours ago, MedicineMom said:

I haven’t gotten anything either. I’m expecting it soon since it has links to the test and to the zoom presentations. 

I have not received any info yet either but hopefully soon! I look forward to seeing everyone interviewing on the 9th!