University of Tampa 2020-2021 Application cycle!

1 hour ago, Shabnam said:

Did anyone else receive this email? Highly disappointed that my application wasn’t even looked through although I applied early on. 

61D8C8AC-C280-436D-8E91-5CFF49A65D3A.jpeg

UT preferences are a big part of its intake. I remember speaking to Christina back In January 2020 about the preferences and how it factors into the whole concept of a person. Combine that with the medical experience, upward trend in academia, and competing with those with a high level medical experience/license and letters of recommendation. It was very competitive I am guessing, especially if the applicant pool was in the thousands. Not many PA programs omit GRE requirements. I have seen the accreditation game and I wouldn’t be surprised if the applicants/graduates need a high standard to keep certain accreditation’s or admission standards. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Strpa said:

I think it is very very very competitive. They also prefer veterans and other specific applicants.

It’s EXTREMELY competitive. They received 2750 applications for 48 spots. Chin up for those that didn’t get an interview, the odds are not great. Apply and apply again!! 💕

• Like 2

11 hours ago, dean227 said:

I got that same email. I just think we didn’t qualify for what that program was looking for it seems like? 🤷🏼‍♀️

I agree! I was rejected as well and I didn't perceive it as my application wasn't looked at, at all. They probably put in the "minimum requirements" statement as a reminder for the next cycle, not a blow to your application. 

So I was rejected this cycle. This is my first cycle. Can some of you tell me how many times you applied and how successful you were? Is it common to miss on the first go round? What kind of things should I do to better my application? Also, am I able to copy things from last years CASPA application to my new one this year?  It took me forever to complete my application and would love to copy my experiences and add things that I will be doing. Is it ok to copy the description of work experiences? Is it ok to copy the same COVID statement?

6 hours ago, Strpa said:

So I was rejected this cycle. This is my first cycle. Can some of you tell me how many times you applied and how successful you were? Is it common to miss on the first go round? What kind of things should I do to better my application? Also, am I able to copy things from last years CASPA application to my new one this year?  It took me forever to complete my application and would love to copy my experiences and add things that I will be doing. Is it ok to copy the description of work experiences? Is it ok to copy the same COVID statement?

Hi! I’m sorry to hear that you weren’t able to get an interview this cycle, I read your comments in this posting and you seem like someone who I would’ve loved to be a classmate with! 
This was my first time applying to PA school, so I can’t tell you much about re-applying but I just wanted to put in my two cents about the last parts of your post because I am ROOTING for you and I want you to get into PA school. 
try as much as you can to improve your application, even if it looks perfect to you now, it should not a year from now. For example, your experiences should be new, and the list should grow. I wouldn’t recommend “copying and pasting”. Work on your grades (take a class you’ve never taken before, or re-take a class you didn’t do so well in), shadow more PAs, get more PCE and HCE experiences, and volunteer (I tutored little kids in the Polish Language Arts). Make yourself a brand new applicant that they HAVENT seen before, so I personally wouldn’t copy and paste everything, maybe some parts. Definitely not the personal statement and not the LORs. 

also, don’t give up, I know someone who tried 8 years to get into PA school, talk about dedication and dream catching! It doesn’t mean 1) you did anything wrong, 2) anything was wrong with your application, 3) you aren’t good enough. It just means some get luckier and chosen to chase their dreams before others.

also are you applying to schools that fit YOU and that you fit THEM? Don’t just apply to apply - I wouldn’t apply to just 3 schools and I also wouldn’t apply to 25! I would apply to maybe ehhhh 13ish to be safe 🙂 that’s what I did. 

Good luck, although I know you’ll be an amazing PA in the future!

Edited by AspiringFuturePA2022

This is a really great forum. I am so happy to have found you all.

Quick question for ya.

Do you think it would be okay for me to schedule a meeting with an admissions counselor to ask about my application and maybe what I should do to make it better? In my rejection email it said they would not talk about it over the phone or by email but they said nothing about meeting with them. I wouldn’t  call or request it right away as I know they are very busy with interviews. What do you all think?

Thank you!

Guest Paapp20202021
21 hours ago, AspiringFuturePA2022 said:

Hi! I’m sorry to hear that you weren’t able to get an interview this cycle, I read your comments in this posting and you seem like someone who I would’ve loved to be a classmate with! 
This was my first time applying to PA school, so I can’t tell you much about re-applying but I just wanted to put in my two cents about the last parts of your post because I am ROOTING for you and I want you to get into PA school. 
try as much as you can to improve your application, even if it looks perfect to you now, it should not a year from now. For example, your experiences should be new, and the list should grow. I wouldn’t recommend “copying and pasting”. Work on your grades (take a class you’ve never taken before, or re-take a class you didn’t do so well in), shadow more PAs, get more PCE and HCE experiences, and volunteer (I tutored little kids in the Polish Language Arts). Make yourself a brand new applicant that they HAVENT seen before, so I personally wouldn’t copy and paste everything, maybe some parts. Definitely not the personal statement and not the LORs. 

also, don’t give up, I know someone who tried 8 years to get into PA school, talk about dedication and dream catching! It doesn’t mean 1) you did anything wrong, 2) anything was wrong with your application, 3) you aren’t good enough. It just means some get luckier and chosen to chase their dreams before others.

also are you applying to schools that fit YOU and that you fit THEM? Don’t just apply to apply - I wouldn’t apply to just 3 schools and I also wouldn’t apply to 25! I would apply to maybe ehhhh 13ish to be safe 🙂 that’s what I did. 

Good luck, although I know you’ll be an amazing PA in the future!

Mypabox is also a great tool to increase your chances of getting into PA school! For anyone that would like my discount code.. it’s “Ali15” to apply at checkout ! www.mypabox.com

For those waitlisted- has anyone started reviewing/practicing  interview questions? I saw on the website they use traditional and mini interview style. I’ve already read Savannah Perry’s interview guide book and did the worksheets. I guess I’ll practice answering questions geared towards that style. 

8 minutes ago, HMcConney said:

Hey everyone! I was initially notified that I was on the waitlist for an interview. I just received an official interview invite today, but I declined due to another acceptance! Hopefully one of you guys gets my interview spot! Good luck everyone 😊

Thank you for updating us 🙂 Congrats on your acceptance!!!

1 hour ago, HMcConney said:

Hey everyone! I was initially notified that I was on the waitlist for an interview. I just received an official interview invite today, but I declined due to another acceptance! Hopefully one of you guys gets my interview spot! Good luck everyone 😊

First of congrats on the acceptance and thank you for giving another one of us a chance!